• Hi,

I think that It would be epic if you could create and customise your own avatar to fight with in-game.

Much like Shogun 2, you can customise your own general and unlock new attributes, weapons and armour. I think that this would be a wicked addition to what already seems like an awesome game. Especially for online, first person games. Having your own avatar to customise and rank up makes it a lot more fun and gives you the drive to keep playing and leveling up your guy!

All of the new games are doing it: Battlefield 3, COD, Shogun, EU etc…

Thats my suggestion, i’m sure you guys know how to do this better than me, but I think it would be really cool.

Thanks and good luck with future development.

Mitch

• Developer

Hey Mitch, there will be customization options available ingame and the unlock system will also be based on cosmetics. We can’t really talk in depth about it yet because its not set in stone but we’ll make sure to cover it closer to release. I think it will be really neat to see a lot of visual variety on the battlefield. Oh and welcome to the forums :).

• @Tibberius:

Hey Mitch, there will be customization options available ingame and the unlock system will also be based on cosmetics. We can’t really talk in depth about it yet because its not set in stone but we’ll make sure to cover it closer to release. I think it will be really neat to see a lot of visual variety on the battlefield. Oh and welcome to the forums :).

Quoted for awesomeness.

• Thanks!

Yeh visual variety is key, especially when you’ve clearly gone through a lot of trouble and hard work to create such epic scenery and battlefields.

The more you can cosmetically customise your soldier the better as far as i’m concerned!

Oh and what about maybe having some form of Clan/ Kingdom based warfare? Where players can join clans/kingdoms to fight against other clans etc… Just a thought.

Mitch

• @mitchymoo:

Thanks!

Yeh visual variety is key, especially when you’ve clearly gone through a lot of trouble and hard work to create such epic scenery and battlefields.

The more you can cosmetically customise your soldier the better as far as i’m concerned!

Oh and what about maybe having some form of Clan/ Kingdom based warfare? Where players can join clans/kingdoms to fight against other clans etc… Just a thought.

Mitch

Clan based heraldry and such has been discussed before, and other such clan specific cosmetics. As for clans themselves and clan matches, well, I hope the developers leave that up to the community. There are too many games these days claiming to be competitive when the community is very lazy and the developers are the ones that arrange all of the tournaments and shit. It’s up to the competitive community to form their own clans and leagues and arrange their own matches and tournaments IMO.

• @SlyGoat:

@mitchymoo:

Thanks!

Mitch

Clan based heraldry and such has been discussed before, and other such clan specific . As for clans themselves and clan matches, well, I hope the developers leave that up to the community. There are too many these days claiming to be competitive when the community is very lazy and the developers are the ones that arrange all of the tournaments and shit. It’s up to the competitive community to form their own clans and leagues and arrange their own matches and tournaments IMO.

yah, hopefully one or two people from the clans in Chiv would be able to to get together and form some type of leageue, i know i would love to help out with that

• So long as I can have an epic surcoat or tabbard over my armor, and as long as it doesn’t stay glued to my legs while I move or fight, I’ll be a happy camper! :D

Too many games ignore these two basic and (IMO) awesome bits of a soldier’s gear.

• @Ajax:

and as long as it doesn’t stay glued to my legs while I move or fight.

Good luck with that…

• The Unreal Engine allows developers to add jigglebones and cloth simulation. Gears of War and Unreal Tournament 3 both had simulated cloth hanging over the legs exactly the way that Crusader surcoats and tabbards hung, and they were among the first UE3 engine games released, so I know it can be done. I don’t think it would be that difficult to do, the question becomes will they. Personally, I hope they do. Would add a lot to the realism, without really taxing anything extra.

As for any sort of emblem system, I’m kinda hoping for something similar to Halo, where you can customize the tabbard pattern (Solid color, split down the middle, four corners, diagonal stripes/etc), the emblem background (Shield, Chevron, Square, etc), and the emblem itself (Dragon, Griffon, Cross, Gothic Cross, etc), and then choose the colors that they are. Say there are 15 patterns, 10 backgrounds, and 25 emblems, that’s 3750 different patterns. Add in some colors, and you could have 1000 times that number. Then add more patterns, backgrounds, emblems, and colors through DLC and in-game purchase (Maybe), and the number goes up even higher without even forcing players to download mods that add extra stuff. Plus, change the different helmet and shield types, and you have a rather robust avatar creation system. The only thing it’s lacking would be the ability to change faces, which I would REALLY love.

Clans could then dictate what emblem and/or their members could wear, dictate the colors of the background and emblem, and allow their members customization over the tabbard pattern, tabbard color, and perhaps background shape. This allows individuality between clan players, while still making them semi-uniform.

Personally, I would love to see a ferret emblem if this system was to be put in place…though I’m just one player, and my opinion doesn’t count for much. XD

• @Ajax:

As for any sort of emblem system, I’m kinda hoping for something similar to Halo, where you can customize the tabbard pattern (Solid color, split down the middle, four corners, diagonal stripes/etc), the emblem background (Shield, Chevron, Square, etc), and the emblem itself (Dragon, Griffon, Cross, Gothic Cross, etc), and then choose the colors that they are. Say there are 15 patterns, 10 backgrounds, and 25 emblems, that’s 3750 different patterns. Add in some colors, and you could have 1000 times that number. Then add more patterns, backgrounds, emblems, and colors through DLC and in-game purchase (Maybe), and the number goes up even higher without even forcing players to download mods that add extra stuff. Plus, change the different helmet and shield types, and you have a rather robust avatar creation system. The only thing it’s lacking would be the ability to change faces, which I would REALLY love.

Clans could then dictate what emblem and/or their members could wear, dictate the colors of the background and emblem, and allow their members customization over the tabbard pattern, tabbard color, and perhaps background shape. This allows individuality between clan players, while still making them semi-uniform.

Personally, I would love to see a ferret emblem if this system was to be put in place…though I’m just one player, and my opinion doesn’t count for much. XD

I WILL FIGHT FOR THIS!
    also another way to distinguish clans on the battlefield (or at least in scrims) would be to give all players in that team a “uniform” of weapons/class combos. This may make a clan appear more like a unified force instead of a gaggle of blokes with an assortment of random weps

• @mitchymoo:

“All of the new games are doing it: Battlefield 3, COD, Shogun, EU etc…”
    Mitch

Im now thinking Chivalry shouldnt do it….
    as long as the factions are still easily definable then go for it

• I’m hoping to get varies clan events going on this game now that I’ve found it. I intended to start a post on that very subject as soon as I compile alot of the ideas I’m hearing. I am right with you all when as far as the being able to stand out as a group. Just give me some time to refine that idea.

• I am really REALLY hoping that you can have your own coat of arms!! Even if it is only just like mount and blade and a selection. I’ve have been known in M&B to wander the battlefield with my Yellow/Bear Crest, dressed in full yellow! While in WotR I’m beginning to become known for my Templar appearance. (Aswell as destroying people who do not close their visor.)

• You think your avatar will own my blade just because he is original and super cool… get real! this is girl stuff, i dont care if it will be in game or not.