Canceled attacks not showing properly

• Has anyone noticed that when your or enemy’s attack is canceled because of terrain (wall, tree, objects) the swings go right through objects, making it look like the swings going to hit, in the receiver’s POV?

On your screen, if your attack gets canceled, you see your blade bounce off and swing is canceled/blocked.

On enemies screen, they see you swinging right through objects and finishing the swing.

This completely ruins the fights because I know I have an advantage by having a tree on the left side of me to block enemy’s side swing, but it also looks like I got hit.

Also, if you are standing with your back against a wall, your stabs will get canceled. So I would force an enemy to be cornered against a wall, and I KNOW that he wont be able to start his swing at all. But I see his swing finishing, but does not damage to me.

Please devs look into this.

• The same can sometimes happen when an attack is flinched, and seemingly at random when attacks are just being spammed without comboing (will play the combo animation and then switch to a normal one). I believe this issue is already being looked into.

• @SlyGoat:

The same can sometimes happen when an attack is flinched, and seemingly at random when attacks are just being spammed without comboing (will play the combo animation and then switch to a normal one). I believe this issue is already being looked into.

I noticed that with 2-hand swords. They swing once, looks like they are going to combo from their left side, but the animation ‘snaps’ to the right side and starts there. Totally ruins my block because I was already looking at their left.

I’m gonna test this thing with a friend:

the difference between,

1. sideswing - combo from left - feint out - swing from right
    2. sideswing - stop - sideswing again.

• @POOP:

That isn’t what’s causing the animation bug. Most of the time I see it on players who are rank 2 and probably don’t even know what a feint does, let alone the fact that you can feint a combo. Feinting a combo does have certain very powerful advantages most players aren’t aware of though.

• @SlyGoat:

@POOP:

That isn’t what’s causing the animation bug. Most of the time I see it on players who are rank 2 and probably don’t even know what a feint does, let alone the fact that you can feint a combo. Feinting a combo does have certain very powerful advantages most players aren’t aware of though.

The animation bug is the only thing that kills me when fighting against 2-hand sword. I think they may be just doing sideswing-stop-sideswing. I just want to see the visual difference between my number 1 and number 2 so I wouldn’t mess up.