Upcoming indie mmo project.

• Hey everyone, if you’re interested in the mmofps sandbox full loot free for all pvp games there is this new upcoming one made by a team called Forsaken Studios,It’s called Embers of Caerus.

Here is their site www.Forsakenstudios.com
    Here is their Director vision: http://forums.forsakenstudios.com/viewt … ?f=22&t=53

They are using the Vision 8 Engine by trinigy for the development of this game.
    And this is a video testing their engine, they did this in 6 weeks of work, which is the time they started developing this project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5–1rZR7VTo&hd=1

Check it out, and maybe stop by the forums and say hi or something.

• Meh… I guess I’m partially biased to these things as I’ve seen… a lot of these ‘test scenes’ of the generic mmo showcasing graphics. They’re just a little simple :P I can tell that the water is default from the program and the trees are too. The houses are cool models but I didn’t see much of any coding showcasing like inventory use or a night and day system which imo is the basis of a MMO more so than graphics but I guess if some people like it more power to them hehe :).

Also what really turned me off when he was showing the snow grow on the house roofs when it was just a full blown opacity change and rectangle picture lol.

I don’t mean to be mean I just have gotten tired of these things. I would have enjoyed it had they just showed the models themselves without textures, with textures, then a quick simulated scene.

• O_O

I’m in, but aint gonna create an account for it just yet as we’ll probs be waiting for around 5-6 years for all that the guys says to come to fruition unfortunately.

Also are you a dev for this or something slash “redhand”?

• I’m not gonna lie- I’m a sucker for this kind of thing.

• @Campin:

O_O

I’m in, but aint gonna create an account for it just yet as we’ll probs be waiting for around 5-6 years for all that the guys says to come to fruition unfortunately.

Also are you a dev for this or something slash “redhand”?

Just a fan. :)

I know some of the developers from previous gaming communities. Good bunch.

• The game sounds awsome, I love games like these! :D

• Looks promising!

• Hi there guys, thanks for your interest in our project.

I just wanted to drop by and clear up a couple of things stated in this thread.

@Fluffykins:

Meh… I guess I’m partially biased to these things as I’ve seen… a lot of these ‘test scenes’ of the generic mmo showcasing graphics. They’re just a little simple :P I can tell that the water is default from the program and the trees are too. The houses are cool models but I didn’t see much of any coding showcasing like inventory use or a night and day system which imo is the basis of a MMO more so than graphics but I guess if some people like it more power to them hehe :).

Yes, the scene is quite simple. It was created literally 6 weeks after getting our hands on the engine, and is the result of learning the engine and how to work with it. It was simply a way to test a few basic features (weather etc), and display our models in a complete scene to make sure they fit the theme we are aiming for. It certainly isn’t a showcase of the game.

The Vision 8 engine does provide a water asset, but the shader used for the water is our own. The trees certainly aren’t default, they are created using SpeedTree 5.1. We do have a night and day system, but that wasn’t important for that engine test. The rest will be developed over the next 4-5 years.

Also what really turned me off when he was showing the snow grow on the house roofs when it was just a full blown opacity change and rectangle picture lol.

I dont know where you got that idea from? firstly, it isn’t a rectangle picture. It The roof is a normalmapped texture, and the snow building up on it is implemented using pixel and vertex shaders to provide the snow effect applied directly to that texture. Opacity has nothing to do with it. As well as the visual test, there was a decent amount of coding that went into making sure it didn’t snow inside buildings, and making sure the snow shader effect was not applied in places it shouldn’t.

I don’t mean to be mean I just have gotten tired of these things. I would have enjoyed it had they just showed the models themselves without textures, with textures, then a quick simulated scene.

As stated above, this was to test various features, including how the textured models looked in a small scene, how the settling snow looks etc. We are very proud of how it all turned out after just six weeks work.

I’m glad some of you liked the test, and may be interested in our project :)

Cheers,
    Dave

• Oi Dave, good to see you here you monkey !