Best Archer in Chivalry FFA!

• painful to watch, but I know some of you are going through this too; my thoughts are with you.

• This game is definitely a game where skill plays a huge role. You have to be in-the-zone/on-fire to do well, even if you have natural skill coming out of your bee-hind.

The archery bit is not as one-dimensional as some people would like you to believe - that is, you only have to have good aim. Because arrows travel very slowly, and hitboxes (if you can even say that) are very small, one really has to aim perfectly at a moving target. The alternative would be to get closer to an enemy, so the “hitboxes”/movement would be a lesser problem. Of course, when you move closer, you have to use your Shortsword more often.

The archery gameplay seems to balance out between getting good hits and getting too close to action, so one has to use secondary weapons.
    Since this game is so new, I wonder if, in a few month, extremely accurate archers are going to develop their skills and make the game unbalanced.
    That is, you are now going to complain about a single archer dominating a match.

The only way to be sure is to wait and see. But IMHO, archers aren’t underpowered right now.

• Lol, you are evading them like a boss. Gave me a good laugh. Especially the moment you stop hearing a knight pursuing you, and a few seconds later another screaming archer :D

• @Siegfried:

Lol, you are evading them like a boss. Gave me a good laugh. Especially the moment you stop hearing a knight pursuing you, and a few seconds later another screaming archer :D

Is this sarcasm or did you genuinely not understand that the OP was trying to say?

• I was just in an eight-man FFA match earlier. There were 5 archers! I easily topped the charts chopping easy hands with big sword, and the other melee players also had pretty high scores. However, those archers were so annoying! Fortunately it was the Throne room map so for most of the match I was basically hiding under-stairs.

• Haha this is so recognizable, although playing a javelineer is slightly less awful in less than absolute maximum distance. You gave me a good laugh, and this will probably help me become less aggravated when someone chases me for 5 minutes!

• Hahaha XD. Hope you get better so you can troll Vanguards and Knights like i can :P. Archer + Shortsword = OTP