Cheating and ini editing.

• So it has come to my attention that one can simply edit an ini file and unlock all of the weapons as explained here (censorship!) Also I have found an ini file that seems to contain the information for the weapons stats at
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame\Config
    UDKNewWeapon.ini , this file can also be easily edited, however I am unsure if this would take effect online due to everyone having said file on their computer and the information could possibly conflict. Either way, it is my opinion that these ini files should not be accessible in order to prevent cheating, and I really hope that editing the weapon stats would not actually take effect online.

• Can´t imagine that. My guess is that every client used the servers files so we should be good.

• The unlock method doesnt work. The game will revert to your real stats as soon as you play

• True, I just tested it. ;)

• I think those methods only work when you’re playing in LAN. Tunngle is a p2p VPN tool which allows people to play “LAN mode” over internet. It’s also how pirates tend to play multiplayer modes of games (not accusing Tunngle of anything in particular, since there are plenty of other p2p VPN tools, e.g. hamachi). Also not accusing people playing in LAN being pirates, I can think of plenty of legitimate reasons for LAN, such as LAN parties.

• :facepalm: for the belief that messing with .ini files would help with cheating online.

• There were a few things you could modify client-side, but these were cleared up in the hotfix. There’s nothing you can do to your files that will allow you to cheat. Outside of LAN play, since, y’know, that doesn’t involve Steam or client/server structure and is just a way for pirates to be pirates.

I’ve also edited your post to remove the link because I believe it conflicts with the forum’s rules on not discussing such sites.

• I wonder if it’s possible to do the same kind of configchanges as in Mortal Online.
    You’d be able to bind several actions onto one key, so basically combining the feint and parry onto the RMB, since parry does not interfere with feints, it should work flawlessly.

Just a thought, I actually like my Q button for now, but I think it’d be alot easier and get people away from spamming dat slash.

As for now, imo it’s neccessary to edit the config to play MaA, by disable double-tap timer, since the ingame slider only allows to reduce it to 100ms.

• @Shara:

I wonder if it’s possible to do the same kind of configchanges as in Mortal Online.
    You’d be able to bind several actions onto one key, so basically combining the feint and parry onto the RMB, since parry does not interfere with feints, it should work flawlessly.

Just a thought, I actually like my Q button for now, but I think it’d be alot easier and get people away from spamming dat slash.

As for now, imo it’s neccessary to edit the config to play MaA, by disable double-tap timer, since the ingame slider only allows to reduce it to 100ms.

It’s fully possible, with or without editing the ini files. It can be done via the ini files, and I also know some players who use programs such as MouseRaider to allow the mouse right button to emulate the Q key as well.

It’s more like a macro than an exploit, since you can already feint + parry by hitting the two keys. At the same time the macro also doesn’t replace the feint key, since you will still want to use Q for feinting.

• Yeah, you can bind any action you want to a single key by editing configs, though of course some actions will conflict. Currently the only thing I’ve edited is making my zoom key change my FOV since I play in high FOV for melee purposes but low FOV is an advantage when shooting long range.

• @SlyGoat:

Yeah, you can bind any action you want to a single key by editing configs, though of course some actions will conflict. Currently the only thing I’ve edited is making my zoom key change my FOV since I play in high FOV for melee purposes but low FOV is an advantage when shooting long range.

That’s a great idea, a toggle-able FoV setting for zoom. Finally I can attach a “V-Zoom Scope” on my bow and throwing knives!

Especially the idea of binding it right onto the zoom-button would make it ultra-easy to use and only kick in when it’s actually wanted. As far as I know UE3 engine allows to write lines such as “OnRelease” so it’d be possible to return to 110 FoV when letting go of zoom…

…omg brb!

• @Shara:

@SlyGoat:

Yeah, you can bind any action you want to a single key by editing configs, though of course some actions will conflict. Currently the only thing I’ve edited is making my zoom key change my FOV since I play in high FOV for melee purposes but low FOV is an advantage when shooting long range.

That’s a great idea, a toggle-able FoV setting for zoom. Finally I can attach a “V-Zoom Scope” on my bow and throwing knives!

Especially the idea of binding it right onto the zoom-button would make it ultra-easy to use and only kick in when it’s actually wanted. As far as I know UE3 engine allows to write lines such as “OnRelease” so it’d be possible to return to 110 FoV when letting go of zoom…

…omg brb!

documents/my games/chivalry medieval warfare/udkgame/config/udkgame

Bindings=(Name=“LeftAlt”,Command=“GBA_Zoom | fov 60 | onrelease fov 120”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=KBFlag_Weapon,FriendlyName=“Zoom”)

Yep.

• Nifty, thanks for the line. :)

• @SlyGoat:

@Shara:

@SlyGoat:

…omg brb!

documents/my games/chivalry medieval warfare/udkgame/config/udkgame

Bindings=(Name=“LeftAlt”,Command=“GBA_Zoom | fov 60 | onrelease fov 120”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=KBFlag_Weapon,FriendlyName=“Zoom”)

Yep.

As I see this post is a little over a year old and sorry for possibly “necro posting”, but is there a way to make it toggable instead of having to hold it down? Because my finger starts to hurt after a bit.

• I use these 2, and then a macro maker to rebind them to whatever keys I want.

Bindings=(Name="NumPadOne",SecondaryKey=,Command="fov 60",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag="KBFlag_Weapon",FriendlyName="Unknown")

Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo",SecondaryKey=,Command="fov 95",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag="KBFlag_Weapon",FriendlyName="Unknown")

• @keibatsu:

So it has come to my attention that one can simply edit an ini file and unlock all of the weapons

Well then you would lose all the fun of unlocking all the weapons. I liked that ‘leveling up’ stage.

• @gregcau:

@keibatsu:

So it has come to my attention that one can simply edit an ini file and unlock all of the weapons

Well then you would lose all the fun of unlocking all the weapons. I liked that ‘leveling up’ stage.

Yeah yeah. leveling in games that don’t have anything to do with it.

I hate that crap. I really really do, no matter how short. Its obnoxious as all hell and I have no idea why yet another random game decides to stupidly put this crap in. This shouldn’t be fixed, we should just be able to unlock everything. Its so incredibly pointless to have this.

• 0MGAWD U XPL0IT3R PLZ N3RF.

Anyway, what’s the difference between that and the RMB/Left Alt zoom?

• @XaleUdo:

0MGAWD U XPL0IT3R PLZ N3RF.

Anyway, what’s the difference between that and the RMB/Left Alt zoom?

The left alt zoom allows you to zoom in WAY more than the regular rmb, as all the rmb does is center the bow ans where the alt zoom actually zooms in.

• default settings, alt-left and RMB zoom is the same.