Please correct atrocious grammar errors.

• Your/You’re, Its/It’s etc… The grammar in the subtitles (training area) is horrible.
    There are spelling errors everywhere too.
    Please correct them.

• It’s on the to-do list, but I think if you feel this is a priority issue you’re in the minority.

• It says your instead of you’re? I want a refund.

• He/she makes a valid point, and I don’t think you should dismiss them so readily. They are your paying customer, after all, and they want the product they have supported to be worth their investment. Asking for a change like this is not a complicated or unreasonable request. This is a really simple fix. If you want to be taken seriously with your audience, it’s important for language to be effective and professional.

• I didn’t mean to come off as dismissive. The various grammatical errors are known and will be corrected; I’m just saying there are more important matters drawing the team’s attention away from little things like this.

And they aren’t technically my paying customers, because I’m a volunteer moderator and not receiving anything for my services - but I do try to hold myself to a higher standard anyway so as to not make the developers, not to mention the community as a whole, look bad, and if I seemed like I was brushing this concern aside, I apologize.

• There’s some capitalization issues here and there too, like “agathian.” I’m sure they’ll get fixed soon enough, I’m really excited about the first two patches.

• I completely agree with the OP. No programming required, just some proofreading is all. Yes I agree it isn’t AS important as balance issues but it IS important. It makes the game look more professional, or at least makes it not look amatuerish.

On a similar note, the voice overs in the cliff map leep calling the Trebuchets ‘tre-bu-CHETS’ instead of ‘tre-bu-SHAYS’. Interestingly when you destroy all of them, the voice over suddenly pronounces it correctly: “sire, all the trebuSHAYS are destroyed” or somesuch. Just something interesting to note.

• @manic:

On a similar note, the voice overs in the cliff map leep calling the Trebuchets ‘tre-bu-CHETS’ instead of ‘tre-bu-SHAYS’. Interestingly when you destroy all of them, the voice over suddenly pronounces it correctly: “sire, all the trebuSHAYS are destroyed” or somesuch. Just something interesting to note.

I have stepped on to this also. Thought I was the only one with hearing problems.

• @SlyGoat:

It’s on the to-do list, but I think if you feel this is a priority issue you’re in the minority.

Ofcourse it isn’t a priority issue. As long as it’s on the to-do list I’m fine with it. Take it easy.

I do wonder why the devs didn’t put their text through a spelling checker though. It is so easy to do and it takes no time at all.

• @manic:

I completely agree with the OP. No programming required, just some proofreading is all. Yes I agree it isn’t AS important as balance issues but it IS important. It makes the game look more professional, or at least makes it not look amatuerish.

well i may be wrong here but , i think its old english …many words in the old english came directly from french (if i rememeber well , about 30%-40% ) and the way they pronounce trebuchet is excactly the way how you pronounce it in french

• Well, the shouting soldier mispronouncing trebuchet isn’t something I’m bothered about. Afterall, most soldiers didn’t exactly go to high school. ;)

• @batman666:

@manic:

I completely agree with the OP. No programming required, just some proofreading is all. Yes I agree it isn’t AS important as balance issues but it IS important. It makes the game look more professional, or at least makes it not look amatuerish.

well i may be wrong here but , i think its old english …many words in the old english came directly from french (if i rememeber well , about 30%-40% ) and the way they pronounce trebuchet is excactly the way how you pronounce it in french

The word is from Anglo-French.“Tray-boo-chay”, or “Tray-boo-ket” from “Buket”, the modern ancestor of “bucket” which means “vessel” in Old English. Either way, if they’re going to pronounce it wrong, at least have everyone do it. :P

• @Sir:

Well, the shouting soldier mispronouncing trebuchet isn’t something I’m bothered about. Afterall, most soldiers didn’t exactly go to high school. ;)

Reading is for sissy scribes, mang!

• @SlyGoat:

It’s on the to-do list, but I think if you feel this is a priority issue you’re in the minority.

so a change that involves correcting a few letter and takes a few min is disregarded ?

• Developer

My reference for pronunciation of Trebuchet:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/trebuchet

They include two pronunciations, I went with the first one.

Roy Dotrice pronounced it both the french style and the olde english style as he read about the battle of blackwater in Game of Thrones.

And yes, the commander VO went into the other pronunciation and I meant to pull that one.

• @Belnick:

@SlyGoat:

so a change that involves correcting a few letter and takes a few min is disregarded ?

“On the to-do list” actually means the opposite of disregarded.