Initial swing from left side option

• Hi I love the game. It would be great if there was an option to choose to swing initially from the opposite (left) side instead of needing to go through a combo to do this. It could be easily achieved by holding ‘E’ or similar while left clicking and I believe would add a whole new dynamic to duelling.

• That would be a step towards lefthanded option.

• If there is a way, it should be slower then the normal right-to-left swing.

Naturally your weapon is prepared for right swings because of the right handing. Having a left swing requires the character to move it a position before even begin the swing. This means increased wind-up time and perhaps - bigger recovery.

Just test it with a stick in the front of the mirror.

• @Arcador:

If there is a way, it should be slower then the normal right-to-left swing.

Naturally your weapon is prepared for right swings because of the right handing. Having a left swing requires the character to move it a position before even begin the swing. This means increased wind-up time and perhaps - bigger recovery.

Just test it with a stick in the front of the mirror.

If you familiar with the sword it takes same time to strike L-R or R-L.

Just test it with a stick in front of the enemy for years of training.

• I’m sure there’d be a way to balance it. A slightly longer wind up time could be a fair way of doing it. I so often see an opening for a slash on the left hand side but can’t get there without a combo, by which time the moment has passed!

• I don’t think there’s any need to slow or “balance” out an attack starting from the opposite direction should it be implemented. It will just add another skill-layer to the game, no more all left-to-right incoming slashes etc so you can freely mix them up should you wish to.

• Yeah I like this idea. Perhaps just have it swing in the direction you move/tap.

A + LMB= swing right to left
    D + LMB= swing left to right

• Actually yes the more I think about it the less I think it needs to be balanced in any way as the block would still function in the same way. I’ve been playing with quite a few people who have all independently mentioned that some form of left sided strike would make the game a lot more interesting, so I hope something can be implemented.

• More ideas on this: Maybe the timing would be the same for a two handed weapon, but longer if you’re holding a shield. Also it would be great to be able to fake first on the right hand side, but then continue as if comboing from the left hand side - that’d make for some real tactical play! :D

• +1 for this option. I find myself hugging the right wall or a tree on the right and cannot get a sideways chop in whereas a sideways chop from the left would be useful.

A great implementation would be if you have a mouse wheel that can scroll horizontally, to use that (analogous to the scroll up and down for stabs and overhands). Those players without mice with horizontal scroll wheel (or buttons) can use the left or right + LMB.

• Surely more variations on the types of strikes will come into the game eventually. I would like to see perhaps a super strike move that involves a full 360 body turn. It would take longer to perform this strike but the damage from such momentum would be devastating.

Or a long swinging uppercut that could slice a person in twain!

I also want to see knights or Vanguards have the option to do a Jamie Lannister style kill :’)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L8ByreRfUo