High Damage Dealt but Horrible K/D (help)

• hi. i just recently got chivalry this weekend and i’m confused about my stats. generally i’ll choose a knight or a vanguard and have pretty high damage dealt but im still ending matches with .3 k/d. i’ll hit enemies 2 or 3 times with my greatsword or halberd but still not get the kill. could this be a problem with my connection/latency or is this just a fault in my own gameplay?

• thats what happens when you dont have apoc to save your ass every single time

• Are you slashing with the halberd? You can kill anyone in two stabs with the halberd, 3 on knights. I think its overhead might do more, not sure. Greatswords are considerably weaker, except for the zweihander which can oneshot archers and man at arms with one clean overhead, I think the greatsword can oneshot archers with a good overhead, too.

If you’re finding your self getting bad KDs a lot, you should consider how much you’re playing with your team. You’re not going to win very many fights if you keep running into groups of enemies without much backup, so keep an eye on where your team mates are. If you’re using the halberd, you’re likely going to lose a lot to man at arms or knights who get in your face and combo you with fast weapons so you’ll have to keep your distance.

If you want an easy way to get good KDs though, try playing knight with the war hammer and kite shield. Alternatively you can use the flanged mace, too. Blunt weapons do considerably more damage to knights than other weapons, and they just happen to kill every other class in the game just as fast as well.

• For exact damage stats you can also lookup this datasheet made by Martin:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ami8d_HZmYHsdDRzc1Byb3ItVWNXSFR1SURHN29TZnc#gid=1

• Always carry with you two different sets of weapons. If your primary is a blade, your secondary should be blunt, and vice versa. Thus you can slice light armoured foes and pummel the heavy ones respectively. If the other adversary has a one handed, and a shield, you shouldnt face him with a two hander, but that depends on the situation. In cramped spaces you should go for a one handed weapon.

And always pick your fights if you wanna stay alive. Try to avoid big melees, and always keep an eye out for archers nearby, lure your enemies into places where their archers cant snipe you. If you cant do that, try to get the enemy between you and the archer.

If you have to face off against two or more foes, remember that you can move your mouse about to give your swings a wider range. Run of after a fight and allow yourself to regenrate if you can. Remember that running cancels regenration so run only until you are safe and then walk or stand still.

• thanks guys this did help a lot. much appreciated

• Always carry with you two different sets of weapons. If your primary is a blade, your secondary should be blunt, and vice versa. Thus you can slice light armoured foes and pummel the heavy ones respectively.

And this will be even more truer when MAA gets a reduction from blunt damage attacks (as his modifiers are all the same right now), which fingers crossed, will be coming soon.

• @p3king:

For exact damage stats you can also lookup this datasheet made by Martin:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ami8d_HZmYHsdDRzc1Byb3ItVWNXSFR1SURHN29TZnc#gid=1

Stats yes!!
    what can i say i love analyzing.

also yes! to the blunt info ^^