Slashing Polearms

• I feel that slashing polearms should deal significantly less damage if your are up in their face. I just think its only fair with the huge range and the whole strategy is to stay inside on them and keep the pressure. I think there should be some bludgeoning damage but not full damage you take from the tip of the blade. I understand then people would just go to using swords but maybe lower the swords length and maybe even make the polearm a little longer with a longer blade.

• Been saying this for a while now. It always gets ignored.

• I totally agree with this idea, I made a post about it… But didn’t turn out so well.

• No one uses swords (Other than Norse), and this wouldn’t make anyone use them any more. I agree with this, though.

• Not only this is really weird…
    Completely agree. Axes and Dual Axes are quite handy for knights to adapt the strike, but polearm is polearm - you cannot swing close targets.
    As you can not throw javelin in close… but now you can and it makes more damage than striking.

• I also agree.

I actually thought the game had this already implemented?

It is valid for all long weapons, in terms of physics. The closer the weapon part is to the point of rotation, the slower speed it has. Thus, even claymors, when hit with their lower part, should have reduced damage.

Of course - this is from logical point of view, which is not always side to side with the game design.

• @Arcador:

I also agree.

I actually thought the game had this already implemented?

It is valid for all long weapons, in terms of physics. The closer the weapon part is to the point of rotation, the slower speed it has. Thus, even claymors, when hit with their lower part, should have reduced damage.

Of course - this is from logical point of view, which is not always side to side with the game design.

Nobody speaks about physics… thats all just about an edge and a shaft…
    Physics will not persuade developres) But decapitating shaft may work…

• yea the whole game is bugged, you run forward and standing nose to nose and they use thier wooden stick of the spear to cut your head off, it is pathetic :P

long range weapon should be good at long range, as soon as someone close the distance you MUST change to other weapon or 100% be killed, but not in THIS game, which is very annoying

i heard war of the roses got way better distance with weapons, but never tried it

• @Belnick:

long range weapon should be good at long range, as soon as someone close the distance you MUST change to other weapon or 100% be killed

No… A Crossbow is a crossbow… and so on.
    But javelin can not do more danage in close-throwing than in close-stabbing!

By the way long range weapons at the moment is middle-range. Try to hit somebody in long range - you will more likely TK your friends :( Lags (even with 30ms ping) - are pretty strong!

• @BoBBer:

@Belnick:

long range weapon should be good at long range, as soon as someone close the distance you MUST change to other weapon or 100% be killed

No… A Crossbow is a crossbow… and so on.
    But javelin can not do more danage in close-throwing than in close-stabbing!

By the way long range weapons at the moment is middle-range. Try to hit somebody in long range - you will more likely TK your friends :( Lags (even with 30ms ping) - are pretty strong!

umm i own several medival weapons, sword axes, spears, 2 handed and 1 handed
    also have battle ready version that you can play around with

if someone get inside, all they have to do is to grab the halbard and plunge thier dagger or sword in you at the same time, that is what the kick is for, to create distans, but they have to nullify all dmg that is not from the end of the weapon, unless it is a 2 handed sword

ofc even 2 handed swords are faster than a dagger in this game lol!!

• Funny Story.

I dislike polearms in general, so I never played with them. After nearly 30hrs, I once grabbed the Bardiche… and after 10 minutes, I was covered in blood, leading the board and felt like the grimreaper himself, mowing everything down with his Scythe.

Polearms are totally overpowered and unrealistically modelled in this game. If you close the distance to someone wielding a polearm, he is fucked! (He should be)

• @William:

Funny Story.

I dislike polearms in general, so I never played with them. After nearly 30hrs, I once grabbed the Bardiche… and after 10 minutes, I was covered in blood, leading the board and felt like the grimreaper himself, mowing everything down with his Scythe.

Polearms are totally overpowered and unrealistically modelled in this game. If you close the distance to someone wielding a polearm, he is fucked! (He should be)

exactly !!!
    they need to fix them!!

btw i had the same thing, kept getting like 10 kills a match, top with my archer, changed to knight and got 40 with 2 handed sword, killing3-4 ppl with one swipe sometimes

[youtubehd:32izakli]DZSIq3ILY90[/youtubehd:32izakli]

lol i know the vid is stupid, but wanted to make something right away :P
    just two of my daggers, chosen at random and in this game 2 handed weapons are faster than that :P
    ofc those stabs all enter the eyes :P

• Already stated this in the beta long before release that when you are face up in somebody, your spear or their spear should not be able to hit you seeing the pole is beside your enemies body, but still they can get you or your enemy.

• I could accept a slight reduced damage when the person at the receiving end of a polearm gets hit by the shaft of the weapon, but nullifying the damage would only lead to people running up and hugging vanguards while laughing in their face.
    If the devs would decide to do such a thing, they can just as well remove polearms from the game because no one would use them anymore.

• @Sir:

I could accept a slight reduced damage when the person at the receiving end of a polearm gets hit by the shaft of the weapon, but nullifying the damage would only lead to people running up and hugging vanguards while laughing in their face.
    If the devs would decide to do such a thing, they can just as well remove polearms from the game because no one would use them anymore.

then vanguard should be removed from game or given a secondary 1 handed weapon to switch to

• Remove the Vanguard? Bah, away with thee, heathen! The Vanguard class is the only class I don’t completely suck at.
    (And, no, I don’t run around the battlefield while repeatedly clicking the left mouse button.)

• While I dont agree with taking the vangaurd out of the game I do completely agree with forcing them to use their secondary weapon just like a archer has to use his. Takes more strategy that just Left click spam. I love having intense skirmishes where every other attack is blocked until someone is out of stamina. You should have to out play the opponent rather than just swinging to keep everyone off you

• @Phors3:

While I dont agree with taking the vangaurd out of the game I do completely agree with forcing them to use their secondary weapon just like a archer has to use his. Takes more strategy that just Left click spam. I love having intense skirmishes where every other attack is blocked until someone is out of stamina. You should have to out play the opponent rather than just swinging to keep everyone off you

yes

making the halbard do no dmg would solve this, would force them to kick first and then strike
    I dont use 2 handed against a knife, i use shield and 1 handed fast

vanguard only have chain so they should be extremely vulnorable to piercing attacks and receive none from slashing, same with knight, only blunt and x bow should hurt them, or an arrow in the face

but i guess armor menas nothing either, knight just mean x amout of health, vanguard y amount of health etc….

• @Belnick:

ofc even 2 handed swords are faster than a dagger in this game lol!!

Punches do more damage than Hunting knife!!!

• @Phors3:

I feel that slashing polearms should deal significantly less damage if your are up in their face. I just think its only fair with the huge range and the whole strategy is to stay inside on them and keep the pressure. I think there should be some bludgeoning damage but not full damage you take from the tip of the blade. I understand then people would just go to using swords but maybe lower the swords length and maybe even make the polearm a little longer with a longer blade.

This is a really bad idea in my opinion. It is so easy to close the distance in this game so implementing this will make polearms near useless. If someone gets in your face you have no time to switch to your secondary because you are already dead before the secondary is out.

This idea will make fast one handers even more powerful.