Wars or Duels!

• By “wars” I meant all types of team-oriented battles in general, whether they are objectives or team deathmatch. Duels on the other hand are fairly self-explanatory - 1 on 1, no surprise ambush or any interference other than the terrain.

I recently found some dueling servers dedicated solely to 1 on 1 combat. Sure, the MAA with a shield and nord sword was a bit troublesome, but my general experience has been an absolute blast. There are so many techniques and strategies you would never see in a regular battle (unless of course you run into the exceptionally rare uninterrupted dueling opportunity). Hugging stabs, feint jump attacks, 360 degree swings, etc. After every duel I improve my existing skill a bit or learn something new with my head on the floor.

Team-based combat is still fun, but most of the time I find myself spamming a single attack amid a horde of players, either to reach an enemy engaging a friendly with a stab or to bash them from behind with overhead. Once in awhile I take a random arrow to the head too. There certainly is a lot more carnage in wars. Of course, I’m speaking from a purely pub experience, without much communication or any deep teamwork.

• They’re making a dedicated 1vs1 duel game mode. I love both 1vs1’ng and TO as well, but I’m not really a fan of “feint jump attacks” ect. that “push” the game’s mechanics to glitchy/abusive levels.

• I’m looking for some duels, but every server I try to join has fake player counts and nobody in it. Any chance I can set up some duels with good players somehow?

• @NeoRussia:

I’m looking for some duels, but every server I try to join has fake player counts and nobody in it. Any chance I can set up some duels with good players somehow?

Add me holmes. I love a good duel.

• @NeoRussia:

I’m looking for some duels, but every server I try to join has fake player counts and nobody in it. Any chance I can set up some duels with good players somehow?

I admin a dueling server “RDT West Coast Duels”, feel free to stop by. We usually have ~10/16 players in at a time, all the time.

• I really want to master my class so I spend a lot of my time in duel servers. I play an equal amount of the “War” modes for fun and because I think Team Objective is how the game is meant to be played. If you plan on playing competitive matches in the future, a healthy mix of both is best.

• I find going around people is pretty effective for hitting them, but experienced enemies may hit you back while you are doing it.