Fightning with two weapons

• Well I don’t know if anyone had ever thought of this before but wouldn’t it be cool to fight with two weapons .

How could this work .
    Equiping the second weapon: First you need to have two weapons that can take a shield . Then while holding your primary you press 1 and 2 together . Then you will wear your secondary weapon to your other hand.
    Fightning with two weapons: It will be similar to fightning with one weapon . You hit with your first weapon pressing the attack you want ( slash,pierce,overhead) and if you press another attack while the first one is happening you will use your second weapon to attack ( with slash, pierce or overhead) . You will also be able to block with your secondary while attacking with the first one. Blocking while having both weapons " ready for use " will make you use the both at your block

OPTIONAL ADDITION TO THE IDEA:When you block with the two weapons you lose normal stamina , while blocking with only the second will lose you a little more

Benefits:
    -You will be able to deal damage quicker
    -You will be able to block while attacking

• anything else you can think

Drawbacks:
    -You will lose all your stamina quickly without noticing
    -Anythink else you can think

_ADDITIONS AFTER THE CREATION OF THE POST:

• IF one of your attacks is parried you won’t be able to attack as a result of the weapon’s bouncing .
      -Archers cannot dual wield bow or crossbow
      -Vanguard will have a penalty to dual wield.
      -Some weapons will not be able for dual wield ( MAUL… those that do not take shield even if you are a knight
      _

• Maybe a nice thing, IF dual wielding gets a serious blocking downgrade.
    Outrageous damage - Poor defense. Glass cannons.

• I just finishes watched Cursed Crusade and now I see this.

To me, I think only MAA are the only class that can duel wield for the speed attack. With dodge, the stamina would drain fast. And the duel weapon have short reach.

• @Sir:

Maybe a nice thing, IF dual wielding gets a serious blocking downgrade.
    Outrageous damage - Poor defense. Glass cannons.

That is something I was thinking too. Dual wielding may help you make more hits but that means losing more stamina which also means no good defence when no stamina.

• I think it can only work as a replacement option for shields on weapons that have to use a shield (right now just javelins; maybe more in the future, like the flail), I.E. you select dual wield as your tertiary weapon instead of a blocker, then you can use your secondary weapon in your off-hand and use it to parry, and instead of shield bash being your overhead attack it would be the overhead of your secondary.

If it’s just a style that lets you spam attacks it would probably be shitty. If it allowed you to do something inherently powerful like parrying and attacking simultaneously, or attacking from both sides at once to be guaranteed to get around blocks, or being able to attack with your off-hand after being parried with your main-hand, I just don’t think it could be implemented fairly.

• The only good idea I can come up with for dual wield to be useful without being OP is:

Using dual wield makes your attacks come more from the side. Like, a slash combo becomes your character stabbing his 1H left to right, right to left etc. This could get around shield walls.

• Wasn’t sure about the idea initially but SlyGoat’s suggestion makes it seem feasible- If it acted like a shield but instead of a shield bash it has a damaging attack, then I guess that could work without being over the top.

• How about this? Block should do damage as well, but it should also have a much longer execution and recovery time, leaving you open. Block should be like an “x” attack (with swords crossed) and this block/attack should EITHER block or do damage, depending on the timing.

• No way.

• The dual-wielding option could serve as a defensive weapon in the other hand that had some disadvantages, but with two weapons? What if they make dual wields perform faster hits in combo?
    Right sword slashes to left -> left sword slashes to right. Should be a vanguard only weapon considering their lack of shields, and they are afterall the class with POWER and SKILL, as one mason vanguard explains in the tutorial.

only serve as a secondary blocking methode in idle-stance.
    make combo swings faster.
    more stamina drain on missed comboes?
    more stamina drakn on parry?

• I requested this before…

Should only be for Vanguard Swords Only.

Just reduce the damage by 10 base dmg, and give it slightly faster speed by .05 seconds.

Have the secondary weapon attack first, followed up by the primary, instead of 3 hit combo, you can achieve 4 hit combo.

Animation wise, it will attack twice from the right hand side, then twice from the left hand side, like anis style.

Parry reduces knock back, keeping you in the pocket, doesn’t provide any other advantage other than it is a decent counter for polearm weapons, since it doesn’t knock you so far back.

• @SlyGoat:

I think it can only work as a replacement option for shields on weapons that have to use a shield (right now just javelins; maybe more in the future, like the flail), I.E. you select dual wield as your tertiary weapon instead of a blocker, then you can use your secondary weapon in your off-hand and use it to parry, and instead of shield bash being your overhead attack it would be the overhead of your secondary.

If it’s just a style that lets you spam attacks it would probably be shitty. If it allowed you to do something inherently powerful like parrying and attacking simultaneously, or attacking from both sides at once to be guaranteed to get around blocks, or being able to attack with your off-hand after being parried with your main-hand, I just don’t think it could be implemented fairly.

This.

• Are people really suggesting Vanguards should be running around dual-wielding Zweihanders? :lolz:

• @SlyGoat:

Are people really suggesting Vanguards should be running around dual-wielding Zweihanders? :lolz:

But imagine holding two Zweihanders and spinning like a helicopter! :crest:

• @Chuckdatass:

But imagine holding two Zweihanders and spinning like a helicopter! :crest:

@SlyGoat:

Are people really suggesting Vanguards should be running around dual-wielding Zweihanders?

Oh my god these things cannot happen not in reality not in RPG GAMES ,not in fantasy games,Nowhere. only chuk noris can do this :D :? IN two weapons fightning you equip your primary and heavier weapon at your first hand and a secondary lighter and smaller weapon in the off hand , Or two small weapons. Soon you will say that one can hold 2 MAUl and do whirlwind attack all the time , while having a tower shield on his back and he is wearing a heavy armor,1st) Who can possibly carry all this staff
    2nd) Who can carry a maul in one hand

• @Josephkhland:

2nd) Who can carry a maul in one hand

Thor. Duh.

• @SlyGoat:

Are people really suggesting Vanguards should be running around dual-wielding Zweihanders? :lolz:

Give them a dual wield option for their secondaries!
    Fuck yeah, I’d totally go with dual cudgels =-)

• @wildwulfy:

@SlyGoat:

Two war axes, double war axe charge attack = one shot knights. :D

• @SlyGoat:

@wildwulfy:

@SlyGoat:

Two war axes, double war axe charge attack = one shot knights. :D

Well there’s obviously some balacing required there, how about sacrifizing base damage for speed on combo’ing? Well, I don’t know… But what I know is that I’d love to see vanguards go dual-wield, what if it replaces their primary? So basically they’ll sacrifize their primary weapon and accesories ( where the dual wield option should be ) for the dual wielding. Perhaps a option to go one or two weapons. Like you can toggle shields on and off.

• I assumed the dual wielding was for 1-handed weapons, so faster combos but lower damage sound like a reasonable compromise. Agree that for Vanguards it should replace their primary.

Now would the dual wielded weapons be the same or could you mix and match from your available secondaries e.g mace in your left hand, sword in your right hand?