Postmortem cam (View after death)

• Whenever you die in this game, you always get a view from inside your body, or like half inside and half out, you know what I mean? It should just be a view of your whole body on the floor, or just keep a good first person view.

• Yeah I’d prefer a 3rd person view of my death. Think it would look cooler.

Even when you play in 3rd person the death view is in first person, which seems a bit odd.

• I think it should have a 3rd person view for a regular death, but when it is a special death, such as arrow to the neck, (grasping it) or dismemberment, (holding the stub) It remains first person.

• For those kinds of deaths I’d want a 3rd person camera to pan 360 degrees around me and in slow motion with some epic dying music playing. ;) In fact I want that for every death. :D

But yeah if 3rd person or 1st person deaths were a selectable option, that would probably be the best.

• Sometimes there is some really bad clipping, and I can see the inside of my dude’s mouth. It’s really odd looking– most games like this usually just show a third person view after the character dies.

• I think it would be really cool switiching to 3rd person as soon as you die - it lets you watch yourself at the moment of your death. Pretty cool. It also lets your know why you died in cases when it’s unclear.

• There should be an option where you can set to…
    A) third person right on death. You can see your death animation and the enemy finishing you off right as you die. Might be a bit disorienting though, suddenly getting pulled out of your character.
    B) First person throughout death. You stay in first person until you spawn. You’ll look through the eyes of your dying character as the enemy kills you and walks over your corpse. Might cause clipping though.
    c) Current. First person until you hit the ground, then third person.

In any case, they need to fix the First person cam. Seeing the teeth and eyeballs of characters on ffa victories and sometimes on deaths can be really weird.

• @Blindga:

There should be an option where you can set to…
    A) third person right on death. You can see your death animation and the enemy finishing you off right as you die. Might be a bit disorienting though, suddenly getting pulled out of your character.

If you get killed while in 3rd person cam it still shows your death in first person. That’s definitely a bit disorienting, it could at least stay in 3rd person if you’re already playing in 3rd person.

• Still hasn’t been fixed. Will it be fixed in the next patch? Dying is not nearly as epic as it should be.

• I’d love a combo for 3rd person panning death, but also in slow motion like in the training mission if possible (probably not)

Just to see your body end up with a head rolling off or exploding from a mace…. it’d be fun.

That’d be the only time I’d enjoy 3rd person.

• I appreciate everyone’s views and ideas about how this should be handled, but does any Moderator or Developer know about fixes for this?