Two gameplay ideas.

• After watching the gameplay videos on youtube, I became pretty exited about the game and started thinking about what kinds of things would be cool to implement into such a game. Here are my two ideas.

Idea one: I’m not sure how many maps you’ll have, nor all the types of terrain you’ll have once the game is finished, but I was thinking that it would be pretty sweet to have the ability to lunge off of a slope (or something similar) and land onto another player triggering a epic kill animation. This by it’s self though would obviously just be too over powered. So I thought that something you could to to lessen the over poweredness to it, would be to make this lunge blockable.

For example, If the player below sees the player on top about to lunge at them, they have a chance to block the attack. If the attack is successfully blocked, it would set the attacker way off balance, giving the blocker a chance to attack. However if the bottom player doesn’t see the attack from above, or fails to block at the right time, they are killed.

This obviously wouldn’t be something that could happen all over any given level, but I think it would add a great amount of tension in certain areas of a level knowing that it could happen. Also, I think that it would add a huge amount of potential satisfaction to both sides of the attack. I mean how awesome would it be to sprint off of a 5-6 foot ledge onto an unsuspecting player showing a brutal death animation, and on the flip side how bad ass would you feel if you blocked said attack, and finished off the attacker after they lost balance :D?

Idea two: Now I don’t know if something like this had already been implemented (I have’t played the previous game,) but something else that I thought would be cool, was to have a separate set of attacks (normal and heavy) based on whether you were sprinting or walking. To make it more realistic though, you could make it such that you couldn’t just hold the sprint key for half a second and release a crazy powerful blow, but would have to hold the key down for about 3 sec (more or less) before being able to release a heavy blow (right, left, or forward thrust.)

I feel like this would also add to the tension not only for when you’re starting battle and both sides are hauling towards one another, but for a 1v1 or 1v2 as well. With it though would also come chance. The player would risk the extra stamina use, and could potentially be dodged, but would be greatly rewarded if the hit was successful by dealing twice the damage of a regular hit.

I’d like to hear what you guys think of these ideas and if it’s possible they might be implemented. I’d also appreciate it if you could critique them and say how they could be improved.

Hope all is going well for development, this will definitely be a day one purchase for me :).

• About the first idea… Sure does sound a lot like Assassin’s Creed.

• Assuming I’m understanding you correctly, I can’t actually think of any instances in our maps right now which provides slopes to be able to do this. If we were to add any, it’s a lot of animation and coding work for a rare event that would push back the release date considerably.

Regarding point #2, there will be sprint attacks which you will be able to perform in a similar way to what you had described.

• @Martin:

Assuming I’m understanding you correctly, I can’t actually think of any instances in our maps right now which provides slopes to be able to do this. If we were to add any, it’s a lot of animation and coding work for a rare event that would push back the release date considerably.

I thought you’d say something like that lol. Well it was worth a shot. Maybe in the next installment ;).

@Martin:

Regarding point #2, there will be sprint attacks which you will be able to perform in a similar way to what you had described.

Glad to hear it :D.

• Sprint attacks are pretty awesome.

I think I’m within the NDA in saying that.