Ducking and Jumping

• How often do these work for you guys?

I’ve jumped over only one attack that I know of and have never been able to duck under a swing.

I’ve heard looking down when ducking further lowers your body position helping dodge attacks but I’m terrible at it lol.

Are you guys good, decent, great, bad?

• @Carverk:

How often do these work for you guys?

I’ve jumped over only one attack that I know of and have never been able to duck under a swing.

I’ve heard looking down when ducking further lowers your body position helping dodge attacks but I’m terrible at it lol.

Are you guys good, decent, great, bad?

I use jumping overheads to bypass parries as well as “fade aways” (jumping backwards and attacking to control range), but I never jump to dodge low attacks. If you are concerned for the well being of your feet, ducking and blocking works just fine and isn’t as risky.

I actually duck quite a lot in melee. Swing for the ankles to keep your head as low as possible. A successful duck attack will easily bypass parries, opening all sorts of high/low combo opportunities for you. I’ve seen some people look directly at the ground when they duck to maximize their evasion, but this is obviously extremely risky and it is very difficult to attack from this position.

• I Sh!t u not, today i did my first duck and won!
    it was 1of the most gloriours/surprising victorys ive had on this game.

MAA FTW

• Not many 2h sword Vanguards look up during a sprint attack, jump over them if you’re feeling lucky ;)

• I jump a lot offensively to hit past blocks or from high terrain, and defensively to create distance. I never duck, I just don’t like relying on the other guy being bad, otherwise I’d just slashspam.

• I use jump attack to bypass parry. Of course, this won’t work against players who know how to block upwards. In that case I instead start using jump as a feint. After spamming jump attack twice in a row, most people will instinctively parry right as I jump for the third time. The only difference is that this time the overhead comes only after I land, when they are completely defenseless.

• a good guy used to duck under my swings a lot of time yesterday, and it worked fine, he killed me every time after releasing his duck at the good moment

• I duck pretty often, most people don’t see it coming and in a melee they often just turn around and look for you, kind of hilarious.

• I duck but only when I am certain the enemy is doing a swing, so it doesnt happen too often.
    However, I didnt know you can move faster by jumping?

• Ducking seems to work only against 2 handed sword slashes for me, but then I am not that good at it.
    So I have a couple of questions.

When you duck, do you:
    also block?
    attack at feet while crouched?
    stand up and then attack?

And wouldn’t the attacker have to aim at your head or at least chest for the duck to work? I mean couldn’t the attacker just aim the slash at your waist area and hit even if you crouch?

• ducking seems to work pretty well.jump dodge hasnt worked out for me yet,people just seem to use(abuse) jumping not to dodge but to attack and get around blocks(specialy shields) i hope this jump attack gets changed somehow so that it isnt an almost ensured hit against someone who is shieldblocking…shields should be a very hard to get around but for an experienced player in this game shield is waaaay to easy to ignore

• AXE feels that if the 2-handed user is jumping at your shield you need to check him with attacks. In order to clear the shield and get precious AXE into your meaty flank he has to be up close and personal.

This makes him a prime target on the way in. Its hard enough to CLEAVE AND SMITE a good shield user as is.