Pre death attacks to still be able to damage and kill.

• I think it would be good if an attack started moments before your own death could still damage and potentially kill your opponent. which at the moments feels like it is not the case.

It is a shame that two players cant deliver the killer blow to each other at the same time, which in my mind would be a satisfying conclusion to a hard fought close dual.

• Don’t really like this idea. However, currently if you die, any projectiles you shot will disappear in mid air, which should change.

• I think that could be quite amusing if both players do the forward stab move on each other at the same time and kill each other, especially if they both die with the same falling-to-knees death animation.

• I think it could exist but only for overhead strikes, since those weapons are preety heavy. Like maul. It would be preety bootleg if your maul would fall on the enemy and smash in his head while you are dying.

• If your in a full horizontal slash with pretty much any weapon moments before impact, being killed isn’t going to stop that inertia. We are talking about heavy lumps of metal that are going to keep on cutting, smashing, crushing regardless if whether the limb they are attached to is living or not.

• To add to this point, one of the greatest things about this game in my eyes is that your weapon in a physical entity in the world regardless of your intentions with it. You can unknowingly kill on a back swing and I love that. why should these rules change when you die.

Plus I didn’t know about the arrow archer issue, and that really has to be fixed.

• I like this idea and I’ve thought the same myself; if I’m swinging a 40lb+ sword around as hard as I can, it’s not about to stop suddenly in midair I get stabbed in the neck. The momentum and weight of the weapon itself should have it keep its intended path.

• In Western Martial Arts (WMA) a ‘double’ hit/kill happens whenever the two combatants’ blades hit within a tempo or nearly simultaneously and it is either not counted or both are penalized depending on the rules you are dueling under so from a reality perspective mutual murder is certainly viable. ;)

On another note folks and just for posterity, Medieval weapons were not that heavy. Even Mauls, hammers, maces, etc. typically weighed less than 5 lbs and were properly balanced. Do not be confused by the majority of shoddy replicas being mass produced today. ;)

• This needs to happen. On so many occasions I have been killed, literally a split second before my killing blow connects. Currently its as if my weapon is suddenly pulled out of existance by the gods of ‘no kill for you’

• doku has spoken. Now make it so. ;)

• That would mess up the game, considering that we clan players most of the time have our hits hit each other close to as equallt fast, would just be awkward if both died under a clanwar because some stupid script decides that despite of being 0,5 sec slower than your opponent, you die with him!
    Deffo no.

• Maybe for overheads for some small time (end of animation) and thrusts for even less time (the very last stabbing move).

• That would mess up the game, considering that we clan players most of the time have our hits hit each other close to as equallt fast, would just be awkward if both died under a clanwar because some stupid script decides that despite of being 0,5 sec slower than your opponent, you die with him!
    Deffo no

In an FPS when two people shoot at each other with perfectly aimed headshots, one of which being fired fractionally slower. When the first bullet connects for a kill should the second bullet be warpped out of existence? No of course it shouldn’t! and it never is, even in competitive clan play and you don’t hear them crying about it.

Double kills are a distinct possibility in pretty much all forms of lethal combat and a game like this should reflect that.

• Difference between projectile and melee weapons.

• @wildwulfy:

Difference between projectile and melee weapons.

Is merely the shape of the piece of metal that is about to kill you.

• If I was swinging a sword with all my might toward your neck which would result in a killing blow and I was killed whilst my sword was a few centimetres from connecting, I’m pretty much 100% certain the trajectory and power of my blade isn’t going to suddenly fall off. It would still connect, it would still contain the force behind the swing, it would still kill you…

• It may be so in real life, but this is a game and it would be lame if this would happend. There’s awfully alot of situations where you either win or lose because one part was slightly faster with the attack when both were low-hp.

• Well that’s your opinion and your entitled to it. I on the other hand think it would be a great improvement not only to the realism, but also the fun of the experience.

I mainly play with my friends at work on our lunch break (also a game development studio) and we all really enjoy the things like accidental TK’s from a warhammers back swing, and something like a double decapitation at the end of a grueling duel would be a real talking point afterward.

Maybe it could be a feature reserved for hardcore servers.

• I dont think this would work gameplay-wise. If you are faster than your opponent, you deserve to win. You should get something back from being faster. For example, if you are pushing the cart in darkforest, and you are faster than your opponent, you deserve to kill him and keep pushing. If both die every time you fight, your opponnent will win the round, despite “losing” every time.

• @Wingy:

I dont think this would work gameplay-wise. If you are faster than your opponent, you deserve to win. You should get something back from being faster. For example, if you are pushing the cart in darkforest, and you are faster than your opponent, you deserve to kill him and keep pushing. If both die every time you fight, your opponnent will win the round, despite “losing” every time.

I think you have missed the point somewhat. I am in no way saying that the conclusion to every fight is that you both die. That would be ridiculous. A double death would only occur if you were both on your very last bit of health and deliver a killer blow at almost exactly the same time.

The frequency of occurrence would be relatively small, but would be a nice addition that adds fun, variation and realism when it does.