Skippy animation with feints

• Some of the weapons have super fast attack motion, and the skippy animation on your opponent really makes it hard to block feints.

Examples:
    Halbert stab-feint-stab.
    Norse sword stab-feint-stab.
    Warhammer sideswing-feint-overhead. –-- THIS ONE MAN. it’s impossible to see where it would come from.

Is animation smoothing something the develops eventually get it into the game or will developers ease out the feint timings?

Unless you pick shield, feints are close to impossible to block.

• I’ve also been hit before the animation played after someone feinted.

Speaking of animations sometimes when you parry someone instead of them playing the parry animation they go into swing recovery stance, then when they swing again their arm snaps back into your face. They should REALLY iron out the animation kinks in this game.

• 100% agree with exactly those 3 animations being buggy.

• I would like to add to this that often feinted attacks skip the windup animation (so they look like a held attack). This makes them impossible to pick out without luck.

Personally, I think most feints are blockable, but it’s just the buggy animation, combined with problem of the exceedingly small stab attack windup make certain sorts of feints with 1 handers near unblockable. Thankfully most players do not exploit these specific feints, yet.

• So far the only viable strategies against feint seem to be shield or distance-management. The occasional newbie who charges in swing-spamming sometimes kill a feint-spammer too, so that discourages feint in team-based maps to some degree.

You know what would be interesting? Feint a parry. That will probably just complicate things a lot more, but it’d add a skilled/discretion-based solution to feinting attacks.

• But those newbie-spammers get blocked at some point, then they are over cautious bouth their blocking and feinter wins, so basicly TB needs to fix this…

• Like I said before: Feint should work like parry. If you feint, you either go into a brief recovery or you combo into another attack which you cannot feint from. The feint combo would have a distinct animation to fix this issue and would eliminate the feint spamming which is plain ridiculous.

• @SlyGoat:

Like I said before: Feint should work like parry. If you feint, you either go into a brief recovery or you combo into another attack which you cannot feint from. The feint combo would have a distinct animation to fix this issue and would eliminate the feint spamming which is plain ridiculous.

Agreed entirely.