Speed of the arrows and bolts

• What I’ve found out in this game is that arrows and bolts are too slow (and second cannot reach real distances) . SO I think that the speed of arrows and bolts should be increased.

DO you think the same or it is just me?

• I actually agree. Speed of bolts and arrows are slow enough to your enemies to dodge arrows with ease, or cover your self with a shield. The archery balance can be better, short bow now utterly useless, because rate is not that faster than longbow, but damage considerably decreased. Slow bolts and arrows make archers rely on random chance instead of skill. I think.

• I disagree. If the projectiles would be faster, archers would dominate every round in no time. And it is not about random chances - it is about skill, only skill. YOU are the one who decides when to let the arrow go, not any random chances thing.

Some archers are able to hit advancing and wildly strafing Knights in the leg while they hold their shield up. That is skill, not luck.

• @William:

Some archers are able to hit advancing and wildly strafing Knights in the leg while they hold their shield up. That is skill, not luck.

I only aim for knees and ankles 8-)

• @ReMixx:

@William:

I only aim for knees and ankles 8-)

Where the damage is significantly reduced.

• IMO, the best way to ‘fix’ ranged weapons is:
    1. Increase velocity, maybe even twice as fast.
    2. Increase the effect of gravity, and add a bit of bow sway to make it harder to aim with (this also encourages archers not to shoot into fights.)
    3. Remove those goddamn ‘laser gun’ tracers.
    4. Decrease ranged damage and firing rate across the board.

This will turn Archer into a stealthier, quicker medium-range skirmisher kind of class, rather than a long range sniper/artillery class. Which makes a lot of sense, what with their backstabbin’ trait and all.

• @KorbentMarksman:

Where the damage is significantly reduced.

Where the laughs out loud are significantly increased.

• More speed and more damage, it only takes over 3 head shots for a knight hurhruhruhrurhrruhr

• well … the short bow speed is ok … but the war bow and big xbow should have more velocity … after all ,the string is almost as thick as my pinky ( well , it would make them a bit op compared to the other box/xbow but i would be logical that the bigger the bow the more velocity it has )

• I think it is a bit too slow, but there are other issues here as well.

It feels like the games interp settings are a bit off so seeing where the arrow goes, and seeing where the targets are is off (you see arrows passing through people not doing any damage etc). This could also just be a hitbox issue since I’ve seen arrows floating next to people.

Drawback feels a bit too long, especially since it’s a bit awkward to cancel the drawback at times. I feel like it works 50% of the time. I just have to spam it until it goes through.