MAA sound bits were created by a goddamn genius.

• Give the guy/gal a raise.

• “Ah I’ve had SHEEP with more fight than you!”

• Award winning sound, all the way around.

• I played with him once actually, he’s so awesome. The same guy did both Agatha and Mason MaA. Mason MaA is so hilarious.

• You don’t know how to truly laugh unless you are a MAA.

• The Agatha and Mason MaA voices were actually both done by Sir Loin, the guy who does all the sound and music work for the game - Loin is the only one on the team that did any voice work I believe, the rest of the voices were done by friends and amateur voice actors.

Basically, hardest working sound guy in videogame history.

• I’m more in love with whoever did the Lore Trailer voice. Is it the same guy?

• @Janus3003:

I’m more in love with whoever did the Lore Trailer voice. Is it the same guy?

I really doubt it. As far as I know Loin only did MaA voices.

• Ohh this brings up a good question, if we make custom maps, etc., is there any chance that he could do some voicework for them to fill in the objective shouts and possible ambient shouts heard in maps like battlegrounds?

• Developer

Foul Hudson, lead level designer did the lore trailer voice, ambient commander shouts. (i did the obj response vo in between) and also both knights, knights are getting some polish yet voice wise, kind of got stopped short at the end of development, mainly because he was busy making the levels awesome.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Mason MAA was particularly hard to do– and seperate from agatha. He seems to have come off well tho! I can attest that this game has a mountain of voice work in it. Something like 3500 takes including pain and grunting. In AoC we only had two voices, and they were so much fun to use, I was most excited about providing 8 different characters in C:MW. THough I will never get that sleep back lol.

• @sir_loin:

Foul Hudson, lead level designer did the lore trailer voice, ambient commander shouts. (i did the obj response vo in between) and also both knights, knights are getting some polish yet voice wise, kind of got stopped short at the end of development, mainly because he was busy making the levels awesome.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Mason MAA was particularly hard to do– and seperate from agatha. He seems to have come off well tho! I can attest that this game has a mountain of voice work in it. Something like 3500 takes including pain and grunting. In AoC we only had two voices, and they were so much fun to use, I was most excited about providing 8 different characters in C:MW. THough I will never get that sleep back lol.

I will never get back the sleep I’ve lost from hearing the spine-chilling whimpering, gurgling and moaning of recently-amputated combatants in this game, so touché!

• @ZombieRommel:

I will never get back the sleep I’ve lost from hearing the spine-chilling whimpering, gurgling and moaning of recently-amputated combatants in this game, so touché!

Bwahaha +1!!!

• Man at Arms voice commands embody the typical troll! :D

• Wait, so none of the voices were done by professionals? They’re done by friends?
    My gawd, I bet you devs have a lot of rough-bearded, chest-haired, arms-like-silos, grog drinking, car lifting, bear stomping, raw meat eating, muscles-like-steel-cables flexing friends then. 8-)

All these sounds, they’re the best death/pain/scream sounds I’ve ever heard in a game. Kudos.

• @sir_loin:

Dear Sir,

Unbeknownst to you, you have recently become the comic relief of my life. Thank you (and yes, sometimes I’m easily amused.)

Beers ARE ALWAYS on me.

• “Is your sword not a bit short… If ya know what i mean. trollface” Sexual innuendo, ho!

• Yeah this Foul Hudson has to be the best Alan Rickman impressionist I have heard so far. Because that’s who I think of when I hear the Mason Man-at-Arms. Whenever I hear the Mason MAA, well, I haven’t done all his voices yet, but I half expect one of his taunts to be, “What you going to do? Hit me with that fish?”

But wow, yeah I’ve heard some very good voice acting though out the game. Some realistic screams in their battle cries too, I think it is the Agathian Vangaurd that has one battle cry that just hits home with how animistic he sounds. I’ve seen and heard something that reminds me of a good soul, my brother, who suffers anger issues due to an IED explosion he survived in Iraq, I heard about the same demonic pitch that my brother gives when he gets red faced and screaming in agony.

• Your brain is as dry as a biscuit after a long voyage!

This man is a rare example of one who can be called a master of his trade.

• Developer

Hudson did the knights, I did the MAA, and well played, Alan Rickman was definitely the inspiration for the mason MAA. :D

Thanks again for the compliments, everybody really got into their roles, I would show them the game so they saw the intensity first hand. Then I would make them shout most of their lines. Beer helped. I tried to go realistic/drastic for the pain, and half-hammy for the spoken lines, to keep it fun and provide some comic relief from the total brutal carnage.

• dodge
    NYEH!

It sounds like a leprechaun. It’s hilarious.