My Poor Heavy Crossbow!

• Ima rant here

Let me show you why no one uses a heavy crossbow compared to the WarBow,

Reload Time < WarBow
    Reload View < WarBow (xbow looks at their feet while reloading)
    Reload Movement < WarBow (xbows cant move while reloading)
    Damage = Equal
    Ammo < Warbow (xbow only has 15)
    Aim < Warbow (you MUST right click before shooting a xbow)

To Come:
    Fire Arrows < Warbow
    Haven’t heard anything about fire bolts

But WAIT a Xbow Gets a SHIELD on there back! That totally makes up for it!

So what do we have here?
    A Warbow that beats a heavy crossbow at almost everything

I think if a heavy crossbow can one shot any vanguard it would be enough to sustain all these flaws, but instead we have a heavy crossbow that does the same exact damage as a Warbow and HAS all these major flaws, why not buff the crossbow like it was in ALPHA it would be Perfect!

JOIN ME, To GET THE HEAVY CROSSBOW BACK!
    FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!

• he is completly 100% right here at this point your better off removing the crossbow its just not effective enough to use . buff the crossbow!

• @RussianMafia:

Ima rant here

Let me show you why no one uses a heavy crossbow compared to the WarBow,

Reload Time < WarBow
    Reload View < WarBow (xbow looks at their feet while reloading)
    Reload Movement < WarBow (xbows cant move while reloading)
    Damage = Equal
    Ammo < Warbow (xbow only has 15)
    Aim < Warbow (you MUST right click before shooting a xbow)
    Aim > Warbow (you can aim as long as you want - you can´t with a warbow!)

But WAIT a Xbow Gets a SHIELD on there back! That totally makes up for it!

So what do we have here?
    A Warbow that beats a heavy crossbow at almost everything

I think if a heavy crossbow can one shot any vanguard it would be enough to sustain all these flaws, but instead we have a heavy crossbow that does the same exact damage as a Warbow and HAS all these major flaws, why not buff the crossbow like it was in ALPHA it would be Perfect!

JOIN ME, To GET THE HEAVY CROSSBOW BACK!
    FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!

And what does Russia have to do with this?
    Otherwise, I agree.

• make them punch shields.

• Heavy Crossbow does more damage. You can kill archers and MaAs with body shots whereas the Warbow needs a headshot. Unless you’re using Broadheads against archers, but then you sacrifice 2 hit kills against knights and inflict less damage to VGs if you don’t headshot them.

Not saying crossbows don’t suck, but at least don’t say warbow is superior or equal in all aspects when it’s not true. Crossbows need to act significantly differently from bows, I think, for them to be equal and distinct. It’s not like AoC where you only had two true ranged options - slow, heavy damage and quick, medium damage. Warbow will always step on the toes of crossbows unless crossbows can do something bows can’t.

• @SlyGoat:

Heavy Crossbow does more damage. You can kill archers and MaAs with body shots whereas the Warbow needs a headshot. Unless you’re using Broadheads against archers, but then you sacrifice 2 hit kills against knights and inflict less damage to VGs if you don’t headshot them.

Not saying crossbows don’t suck, but at least don’t say warbow is superior or equal in all aspects when it’s not true. Crossbows need to act significantly differently from bows, I think, for them to be equal and distinct. It’s not like AoC where you only had two true ranged options - slow, heavy damage and quick, medium damage. Warbow will always step on the toes of crossbows unless crossbows can do something bows can’t.

I think there is one point where siege crossbow should outmatch warbow. Crossbow is something like a very first step to sniper rifle. I think it should have more accuracy than bow. To be more realistic it should bring down medium armored men with 1 shot too, but then you would see your respawn timer all the time on siege maps, since now with 6+ archers it is hard to stay alive. With that power upgrade it would be almost impossible to push the battering ram to the gate.

• @SlyGoat:

Heavy Crossbow does more damage. You can kill archers and MaAs with body shots whereas the Warbow needs a headshot. Unless you’re using Broadheads against archers, but then you sacrifice 2 hit kills against knights and inflict less damage to VGs if you don’t headshot them.

I agree it does more damage but to such an extent it doesn’t matter, let me explain, MMA are known to use shields, therefor the chances are already decreased significantly to one shot them so therefor saying the advantage of using a heavy crossbow is killing a MMA is almost not worth it. Let alone with all the flaws with the xbows i have a better chance using a Warbow to kill a MMA then I do with a Heavy Crossbow.

Run, turn around, shoot, Run, turn around, shoot, are known to be what Warbow users do. Cant do that with a xbow, its more like shoot, hide, reload, shoot, hide, reload. Much slower pace including the time you need to run and find a spot to reload plus the amount of time too reload.

What Im trying to say is I have a better chance of hitting a target twice with a Warbow because of its speed and advantages than i do hitting it once with a heavy crossbow. Therefor the chances of me killing a MMA as a Heavy crossbow is same or less than a Warbow.

• Seeing as all ranged weapons except the longbow and short bow can 1 hit all classes except knight with head shots (body shots in some cases) I think it would be fair to allow just the heavy crossbow the added damage to be able to kill with head and body shots on all classes except knight.

• Warbow needs nerfing and I agree that the heavy crossbow needs buffing. But the warbow needs heavy nerfing.

• I would rather bows not kill with headshots than crossbows kill with body shots. I think one hit kill bodyshots are just terrible game design that lower the skill ceiling. If there’s no reason to aim for the head, why would you ever strive to have better aim as an archer once you can bodyshot everyone?

• @SlyGoat:

I would rather bows not kill with headshots than crossbows kill with body shots. I think one hit kill bodyshots are just terrible game design that lower the skill ceiling. If there’s no reason to aim for the head, why would you ever strive to have better aim as an archer once you can bodyshot everyone?

I’m okay with one hit kill knee or ankle shots (it’s all that I tend to get) :)