Polearm (Torn Banner) please take notice

• Problem
    ifeel that polearms are just another longsword thats longer, and distance means nothing to these Woodenshafts.
    u know what i mean?

In other words, woodenshafts on polearms shouldnt do much to anything(Only the blade part), but right now, its basicly a longer longsword. Closing Distance does nothing to hinder the strength of polearms.

My opinion of a Solution
    : Polearms can only deliver all its damage with the blade.(The end part)
    : Hitting with the woodenshaft of the weapon stops it midswing, (like a sword hitting stone).
    : The woodenshaft causes as much damage as a kick or shield bash.

PS: I hope that makes sence. :| OH this goes for all weapons with shafts axes,maces,mauls,hammers ect.

• Totally agree. I just recently started using polearms and instantly fell in love with the Bardiche. Killing everything (including your own team) with it is just ridiculously easy. You can slash around while laughing tears - and you will be on top of the board anyway.

I hope that gets adressed.
    I first tried the genius tactic like “Oh, a polearm guy! Well if I just close in I should be abl… decapitaded

Yeah whatever… :-|

• Maybe if it was a design decision from the start, but right now it would just upset the balance of the game too much.

• It upsets the balance of the game now, people would have to adapt again i know and it sucks.
    But its only right, Its so wrong that polearms act as long longswords &its not even a sword at all.(Its a woodshaft fixed with a blade)

i hope this gets fixed :|

• How does it upset the balance of the game right now? I never have trouble with polearms. Halberd has a pretty nice stab, but spears do it better.

• @SlyGoat:

How does it upset the balance of the game right now? I never have trouble with polearms. Halberd has a pretty nice stab, but spears do it better.

My OP most not be easly understood. :(
    please try reading it again

• I have seen many topics like this, and I 100% agree with it every time.

• With the exception of the odd fast attack here and there (Halberd pre-release for example), I’ve personally not really had any issues with polearms either, and in the case of the pitchfork, that weapon is laughable right now. Even the Warhammer is more of a threat for me and that’s a dinky little thing. The problem with people expecting a free win when they get up close is that it’s just so incredibly easy to close to gap in this game. If this was implemented, hardly anyone will use polearms anymore, and those that do, will literally only ever stab. You may as well unbind the other two attacks if you do this. Then after it’s implemented, people will come back to the forum and say stab needs to bounce off people at point blank range next; those that can’t figure out a way to fight against polearms will always claim it needs a nerf, when really, all you need is a bit of perseverance and more playtime against them. There’s also a number of players on the opposite end of the spectrum, claiming daggers are overpowered at point blank range because people aren’t realising if they constantly try to attack, they will get flinched and the way to protect yourself against flinching is to parry.

• I have seen many topics like this, and I 100% disagree with it every time.
    Polearms are so slow, I have no issues dealing with them with any class. A block here, a kick there and send that bastard to his grave.

I am a very average player. If I can kick their arses then so can you. Timing is almost everything.

• But Martin isn’t that the nature of a polearm, It sounds like u guys want a polearm to be a all round/well rounded weapon, Like a broadsword. When in fact its not :|

In history the counters to polearms were men armed with sword & shield. because of that very vulnerability/mobility of the polearm u type of, because it was easyer to close in and kill polearms with Sword&shield because they were fast and agile

lets not forget that eveyone gets a secondary weapon, also why not add a secondary grip for polearms if its that loved?

• I agree with this, but forward dodge will have to be removed. Kicking with a pole arm should push enemies back more and cost much less stamina when using polearms, but also leave you open for counter attack more if you miss it somehow.

• @Rodelero:

@SlyGoat:

How does it upset the balance of the game right now? I never have trouble with polearms. Halberd has a pretty nice stab, but spears do it better.

Your post is basically saying nerf all weapons but swords. I disagree because all of the Knight’s swords and the Norse Sword are among the most powerful weapons in the game.

• @SlyGoat:

@Rodelero:

@SlyGoat:

Your post is basically saying nerf all weapons but swords. I disagree because all of the Knight’s swords and the Norse Sword are among the most powerful weapons in the game.

Nerf how? i just want it to make sense, for it to be right.
    read my post to Martin.

And no… polearms are strongest, thier longer longsword that do same/better damage, the STICK part and all, no matter the distance.

• Strong or not, polearms are easy to deal with. Just don’t run into a vanguard’s arms like a headless chicken and you’ll do fine.

• @Sir:

Strong or not, polearms are easy to deal with. Just don’t run into a vanguard’s arms like a headless chicken and you’ll do fine.

I wonder how that chicken lost its head…

• I’m sure one of 'em filthy peasants decapitated the poor thing, just in time for supper.

• @Martin:

With the exception of the odd fast attack here and there (Halberd pre-release for example), I’ve personally not really had any issues with polearms either, and in the case of the pitchfork, that weapon is laughable right now. Even the Warhammer is more of a threat for me and that’s a dinky little thing. The problem with people expecting a free win when they get up close is that it’s just so incredibly easy to close to gap in this game. If this was implemented, hardly anyone will use polearms anymore, and those that do, will literally only ever stab. You may as well unbind the other two attacks if you do this. Then after it’s implemented, people will come back to the forum and say stab needs to bounce off people at point blank range next; those that can’t figure out a way to fight against polearms will always claim it needs a nerf, when really, all you need is a bit of perseverance and more playtime against them. There’s also a number of players on the opposite end of the spectrum, claiming daggers are overpowered at point blank range because people aren’t realising if they constantly try to attack, they will get flinched and the way to protect yourself against flinching is to parry.

Excellent analysis, couldn’t agree more.

• Agree, pole arm is the most annoying OP thing in the game. Vanguard is the easiest thing to play as.

• @plaze2:

Agree, pole arm is the most annoying OP thing in the game. Vanguard is the easiest thing to play as.

Maybe it is op, but in my opinion it savess vanguard from being a “weak knight”. If polearms would be nerfed, vanguard would be left almost defenseless to anything the comes near him. I believe that it’s best as it is now. Besides that, knight is the easiest to play as, not vanguard, cause of his durability.

• i agree with creator of this thread. Pole-Arms should have damage decrease once u close in. It’s realistic and it would help balance the Bardiche (super-powerful, mindless swinging can kill multiple attackers with no effort) and the halbeard which is just overall a really long weapon with a fast attack speed.