No new patch yet?

• lol……please fix the game already. Your studio is looking very amateur at the moment. If you need a list of people to hire let me know because clearly your current staff aren’t working fast enough compared to the amount of sales your game received. Part of growing the game is releasing fixes asap. I really don’t even care about content right now because there are so many problems with the base game.

If you guys can’t release a patch this fast, at least tell me why you released the game with so many bugs and expect to patch every month or less. Even my fanboy friends are puzzled why you haven’t released a patch to fix just simple things. This isn’t some custom engine, it’s UDK.

• There was a patch released a little more than a week after release. There’s another one coming in about a week from now. Are you suggesting patches should be a weekly event or something? I think if anything that would slow progress down in the long-term.

• It’s funny because they already answered you on the home page a long time ago.

• @SlyGoat:

Are you suggesting patches should be a weekly event or something? I think if anything that would slow progress down in the long-term.

I think micro-patches like TF2 seems to get almost daily might not be a bad thing. Too bad this game isn’t Steam-only otherwise that would be a viable tactic. Things like the new server browser should be pushed to players as soon as it’s completed and tested.

• @ReMixx:

@SlyGoat:

Are you suggesting patches should be a weekly event or something? I think if anything that would slow progress down in the long-term.

I think micro-patches like TF2 seems to get almost daily might not be a bad thing. Too bad this game isn’t Steam-only otherwise that would be a viable tactic. Things like the new server browser should be pushed to players as soon as it’s completed and tested.

Exactly. I really don’t think waiting for some large patch is a very bright idea. Theres so many bugs in the game currently that every day you don’t patch is another dollar lost. I really really REALLY don’t know why you guys are moving so slow because if there is any time to prove that this game can grow larger than it currently is, it’s going to be the initial weeks after launch. If you wait and everyone has a sour taste after playing through the limited content with the current problems, it’s going to be hard to change their mind. I’d focus on balancing the classes a bit better and optimizing client registration/lag before new content. Optimally, you should be designing more modes for players to play since weapons are nice but levels will actually keep people entertained (especially well-designed maps). For example, the arena spikes on the wall were amazing and the traps make the arena fun to play in. Other maps such as the objective map where you sloppily put the defenders spawn RIGHT under the objective are just terrible. It was never a good plan in any other game, what made you think it was now? If you do that you have to adjust spawn time more conservatively.

Another example, Bows are just too far apart in statistics to warrant anyone picking anything but the warbow. I haven’t played many hours with crossbow but it felt strong and had a matching reload speed. Every bow besides the war bow feels incredibly under powered for the draw time. In terms of registration/lag, ranged suffer the most. Everyone benefits from optimizations in ping/registration but ranged classes will benefit the most, so this should probably be a priority.

• @ReMixx:

@SlyGoat:

Everytime TF2 updates, the servers have to update as well or you won’t be able to play on them. I’ve experienced quite some downtime back when I played lots of TF2 thanks to that. It’s not a lot of time, no, but updates like those are making the game like a MMO with weekly maintenance, which is a bit annoying.

• @rinaun:

Another example, Bows are just too far apart in statistics to warrant anyone picking anything but the warbow. I haven’t played many hours with crossbow but it felt strong and had a matching reload speed. Every bow besides the war bow feels incredibly under powered for the draw time.

Sorry to snip this out, but you don’t seem to be accustomed to the bows.

• “……”

• Patience is a virtue. Victory to the virtuous.

• While i could not care less about many updates, as they will come when the dev’s have done them. The server browser issue should have already been pushed through, even if the update was to fix that 1 thing. A multiplayer game with such a bad browser you cant play half the time, for a multiplayer only game, is bad, should have been released already.

As for my own concerns, i can agree with the arguments that “The game mechanics feel clunky” and little things about classes/dmg and so on, that isnt a rush. The game is perfectly playable as it is, some bugs are just annoying, isn’t going to wreck my game.

• @L33t_Of_Lag:

While i could not care less about many updates, as they will come when the dev’s have done them. The server browser issue should have already been pushed through, even if the update was to fix that 1 thing. A multiplayer game with such a bad browser you cant play half the time, for a multiplayer only game, is bad, should have been released already.

It’s better than a matchmaking system, where the server browser is hidden away without using console commands.

• I was under the impression that a significant patch was coming 2 weeks after release. Not like the developers are ditching the game or anything, but, some clarification on the ETA would always be nice

• @GhoXen:

@L33t_Of_Lag:

While i could not care less about many updates, as they will come when the dev’s have done them. The server browser issue should have already been pushed through, even if the update was to fix that 1 thing. A multiplayer game with such a bad browser you cant play half the time, for a multiplayer only game, is bad, should have been released already.

It’s better than a matchmaking system, where the server browser is hidden away without using console commands.

That doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be fixed as soon as possible.

• Official News. Always check there for the latest :)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4867

Padlock