You should team up with Mortal Online

• Guys, I really think that it would be great if you team up with guys who are working on Mortal Online, a sandbox MMO.
    You might have already heard about it. They’ve been developing their first-person view MMO on Unreal3 Engine with Atlas technology. If you cooperate with them to develop that MMO, it will be the best MMO.

The reason I’m saying this is, they lack bit on implementing combat system, animation and etc.
    Just please check out their website, http://www.mortalonline.com

Good luck.

• I kinda saw this coming.

But I didnt expect a post for it :P

• Joking aside, I think Mortal Online is touching the bottom already, I dont think it has hope.
    The reason they dont have good combat/animations as you said, which is very true btw, is that it’s a mmo and you cant have super complicated things because you always have to think of the lag. In the beginning they wanted to put a complicated system but after combat beta they started removing stuff, like the 10 hitboxes, they are now around 5 :P

And, no offense team chivalry, but I dont think they are capable of doing a mmo either, they are just starting their career now, although they are more fortunate because they have their loyal fans that played a game made by them arleady, which means it’s not blind fanboism, and they are developing an fps, in which you can have fancy combat and animations, because it’s server based.

And either way, it’s not as easy as it sounds, cooperate with another company, there are many economical and other s tuff that may come in the way.

• They could do that……but then it would be an MMO… LAME

• Mortal Online on paper was a great concept tbh, but they lacked the resources I guess.

• @-Slash-:

Mortal Online on paper was a great concept tbh, but they lacked the resources I guess.

As a MO forumwhore, this is pretty much the truth. There is so much they need to get done with so little remaining resources and time before launch.

• legion just wants more ppl to be better than :|

• Mortal is struggling right now…. there falling behind. Ill agree wat Eonwe said “lacking resources” hardcore.

• i’d rather see a successful game come to life rather then they devs go and attempt to fix a terrible game

• agreed.

• I think I can go as far to say that it’s not only my opinion, but it’s a fact that Mortal Online is a broken game, its combat and lag is some of the worst I have experienced, along with the interface, which is just as annoying. It feels utterly pointless to play. It’s a shame because I was pretty certain it was going to be awesome, but it’s just another Darkfail.

In essence, the team should never make an MMO and just keep on doing what they’re great at, this game is going to be superior to MO in every way, regardless of the games genres.

• Yeah, it seems like we don’t have enough technology to make a good fps MMO today.

And I agree everything what you have said.

• I have played mortal online… It is pretty broken at the moment, and the lag (especially for australians) is unbearable. The environments are undetailed and the land is bare.

What team chivalry can (and I assume will) is have their innitial idea (as seen in wolfenstein enemy territory) of the outcome of each map choosing the next one. That is dynamic enough, at least for now.

• Read thread topic, raged right there.

• @mongols:

Yeah, it seems like we don’t have enough technology to make a good fps MMO today.

And I agree everything what you have said.

That’s not entirely true. If you ignore a few of it’s problems Planetside worked fine, it didn’t have real melee but it’s range hit detection was good. You’d get fights involving 200+ people, if you had a decent connection and an okay computer it run fine. You’d get the occasionally warpers who were players with bad connections, but I do think it’s feasible to make a FPS MMO.

You just need the right budget, the right scale, the right engine and developers who know their arse from their elbow. Sadly Mortal online had none of those things.

• @NoneSuch:

You just need the right budget, the right scale, the right engine and developers who know their arse from their elbow. Sadly Mortal online had none of those things.

I have to disagree with you. I’ve been playing Mortal Online actively since launch and its really great. Of course, it’s buggy and slightly unstable but it hasn’t even been a month since launch. I think that SV have the potential and skill to make this a great MMO and I can see this game going far.
    I haven’t played alot of MMO’s from launch, but from my short experience I realised that when they do, it is bound to be rough.