STAR WARS MOD

• Can someone please make a Star Wars mod? Replace Mason with Sith and Agatha with Jedi. Replace swords with light sabers and ranged with blasters. Maps could be iconic planets such as Tattoine, Corellia, Dantooine, and Kashyyk. If i knew anything about doing this I would do it myself.

-Steven ;)

• How would you do force powers?

• mod the punching animation somehow. I just thing a Star Wars mod of this game would be so epic. Vanguard charging with lightsaber over his head battlecrying lol.

• Would definitely be cool ;) - like a new version of the Jedi Knight games!!

• Yep go for it :longb:

• I actually thought about this pretty soon after playing for the first time because you could potentially just reskin chivalry and make the sword animations a bit faster.

Force push could replace kick/shieldbash. :D

• Yup that would be awesome! I thought of the same. Same as Jedi Knight, but with this engine would be awesome!

• The lightsaber effect would be pretty easy in UDK, you can do it through the material editor and set it up to trail when moving around. Hopefully it happens in the future!

• This is probably the first game I’ve played that as really nailed down Melee combat in a First Person perspective. Sure it has it’s issues, but no one else has ever captured Attack-riposte gameplay like Chivalry has. I mean think about it. What is the most important mechanic in a Lightsaber duel? Actually freaking blocking or parrying an attack. Lightsabers are one hit kills. Most Starwars games in the past that came close to good Lightsaber play (Jedi Knight, KotOR) still didn’t get a handle on this.

I’m not sure if I’d even want a MOD, but a complete conversion instead. Sure the Force would have to be implemented in some way, Chivalry has no foundation for that sort of thing, but the dueling with lightsabers would fit so perfectly with Chivalry’s mechanics.

• Hmm yes and the force push could be F. Don’t forget the throne room the king can be obi-wan/Darth vader.

• Starwars first person jedi fighting!? YUS! Now who’s going to make it for us? lol.

• @Jadarok:

This is probably the first game I’ve played that as really nailed down Melee combat in a First Person perspective. Sure it has it’s issues, but no one else has ever captured Attack-riposte gameplay like Chivalry has. I mean think about it. What is the most important mechanic in a Lightsaber duel? Actually freaking blocking or parrying an attack. Lightsabers are one hit kills. Most Starwars games in the past that came close to good Lightsaber play (Jedi Knight, KotOR) still didn’t get a handle on this.

I’m not sure if I’d even want a MOD, but a complete conversion instead. Sure the Force would have to be implemented in some way, Chivalry has no foundation for that sort of thing, but the dueling with lightsabers would fit so perfectly with Chivalry’s mechanics.

Yes indeed, Chivalry is perfect for proper SW mod in the spirit of Jedi Knight. Potentially iconic locations could be taken from all episodes and include a lot of environmental hazards such as large heights, pits & bottomless holes etc which is quite iconic for sw jedi battles.

It needs to be done for sure, and that is before Lucasarts gets a snooze about it, they along with Sega/Aliens are masters of shutting down potential mod-teams for their franchises.

• i feel a great disturbance in the force, as if dozens of disney lawyers prepared cease-and-desist letters. ;)

• @carrion:

i feel a great disturbance in the force, as if dozens of disney lawyers prepared cease-and-desist letters. ;)

Yes because this is the only time ever someone made a StarWars mod.

• If it becomes successful EA and Disney are gonna show you the way to the Disney vault. But I hope it does become successful and it works, cause fuck EA.

• @ReMixx:

How would you do force powers?

Screw force powers, this contest shall be decided by our skill with a lightsaber!

• @Daiyuki:

@ReMixx:

How would you do force powers?

Screw force powers, this contest shall be decided by our skill with a lightsaber!

Force powers would just be unbalanceable in a multiplayer game like this. Lightsabers and guns on the other hand are doable. ;)

• @stevenminix:

Can someone please make a Star Wars mod? Replace Mason with Sith and Agatha with Jedi. Replace swords with light sabers and ranged with blasters. Maps could be iconic planets such as Tattoine, Corellia, Dantooine, and Kashyyk. If i knew anything about doing this I would do it myself.

-Steven ;)

There used to be a starwars game.You were fighting with lightsabers , green saber mode was fastest but least damage , yellow was modarate , red mode was slowest but hardest damage.You could change color of your light saber anytime.Its only difference it wasnt fps it was 3rd person.

• Yes that was either Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy.
    So is anybody going to work on a StarWars mod?

Also I wish nobody would make assumptions on how “unbalanced” force powers would be in a mod that doesn’t even exist. The mechanics aren’t chosen yet, so why post these absolute statements?

• Then again why beg for a mod, that would take someone god knows how many months to make. And even if they did, you reckon they do it for free?

If you really really wanna see a star wars mod, why not actually try looking at tutorials with a couple of other people and see what you guys can come up with together.

The “Force Push” sort of would be unbalenced, some of you suggesting that replace kick, i bet if that happened, so many people would then complain about the range of it and that it should be bigger. There loads of factors that would need to be taken into consideration.