Penalty for TK is too low

• @Salesgun4Hire:

TK is fine, works well, and doesn’t need fixing.

Haters need a lesson, PM me if you want to see me in action, I will play with any ping.

you should learn humility

• In Movie Battles II you can punish or forgive TKs. Everyone who kills or hurt his mate gets “TK-points”. When you punish your mate for killing him (with simply typing !punish in the chat) the mate will get even more TK-points. If someone got a certain amount of TK-points he gets killed… and when he does one more TK after that he get’s kicked.

Works pretty good.

• @Buzbee:

Salesgun4Hire your a good man and you understand what’s going on. It’s amazing your giving the best information about this problem and people are hating on you lol. I am with you 100% all of my friend shave noticed too. In a group fight we don’t give a crap about hitting our teamates cause there is no penalty and as long as you get a kill along with it always looks like an accident. You guys should listen, this is how the game is being played. When I have a good team that overhand swings and stabs then I do the same and I am respectful of my team but with any normal pickup server i just slash slash slash hit myown guys and still hit top of the scoreboard.

That’s why I think a TK should subtract a kill and subtract the points from a kill. Then it wouldn’t be worthwhile playing like that.

• @AngryDave:

@Buzbee:

Salesgun4Hire your a good man and you understand what’s going on. It’s amazing your giving the best information about this problem and people are hating on you lol. I am with you 100% all of my friend shave noticed too. In a group fight we don’t give a crap about hitting our teamates cause there is no penalty and as long as you get a kill along with it always looks like an accident. You guys should listen, this is how the game is being played. When I have a good team that overhand swings and stabs then I do the same and I am respectful of my team but with any normal pickup server i just slash slash slash hit myown guys and still hit top of the scoreboard.

That’s why I think a TK should subtract a kill and subtract the points from a kill. Then it wouldn’t be worthwhile playing like that.

I like this idea. I also like the idea of drastically reduced weapon damage after it has passed through a player (whether friendly or enemy). It would make the wild swings way less effective, and would reward precise strikes. A lot more realistic, AND better for game play! If implemented, it should be a on a game play tip that displays during loading screens, to spread the word, too

• I think that team attacking in the spawn should get you disconnected from the server. This should no include kicking so as to get out of a spawn clogged up by archers or griefers.

I think that the votekick system should start off with 1.5 votes in favor of kicking for every team kill you have on the server. This helps get rid of griefers.

• I like a lot the idea of a TKer (I mean here multiple TKs) having to wait longer at the next respawn. The more TKs the more you wait. Because honestly intentional TKers don’t give a flying f*ck about anything except maybe having to wait for their next TK.
    One thing TKers do not have: Patience.**

• That could be a solution, but you should be able to regain a normal spawn time in case of accidental TK by killing a least one opponent after it.

• I posted that the game needs the NP mutator, as i explained in this thread (that nobody seems to care about it seems)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5363

the NP mutator is very effective.

• @Salesgun4Hire:

If an archer TK’s me without a SOZ or Sorry, I kill them when i respawn… bit of a double standard… but I feel like I’m the only person on the battlefield who shouldn’t be TK’d since Im doing all the work.

Wow, you’re a massive tool! I presume you’re aware of this.

Oh, and yes. Please, post me some more of your amazing gaming stats. I’m always really impressed by how well children can play with their toys!

@ Buzbee

Nobody really cares about Salesman swinging into a group. It’s the part quoted above that is highlighting him as a waste of functioning kidneys.

Back OT, as a newbie, personally I’m fine with the TKing how it is. If you start introducing heavy penalties, you run the risk of stopping Chivalry being the outrageous, knockabout fun that it is. The rounds are quick, the respawns are short, the weapons are clumsy, and team-kills are just part of the mayhem. If I’m going to keep getting my kills erased or kicked from servers just because my overhead bardiche swing takes 3 seconds to execute, and 2.5 seconds after I pressed the button your MaA suddenly side-stepped unexpectantly underneath it, I’m going to get frustrated and quit. You might think that would be no bad thing, but the cannon fodder like me is the lifeblood of the game.

Idiots like the ones I quoted need to be kicked. That’s the sort of team killing there should be zero tolerance for. The griefing and petty revenge. But then, he’s a kill stealing asshat who has no interest in anything other than proving his self worth through how well he can play with a toy. There’s no filter for that, I’m afraid. The best thing would be to simply track Team-kills in the stats with Kills and Deaths. Then you would have the information to pick out the asshats. The rest of the functionality to dispose of them is already there.

As for the rest of it, if you kill off all the exuberant, reckless behaviour, I think you run the risk of strangling the golden goose. As frustrating as it might be if you are killed by someone swinging into a group of enemies, look at the anatomy of the situation: you were surrounded by a group of enemies. Things had already gone wrong. Most normal, non-asshats aren’t waiting behind you to cleave through you and steal your kill. They’re just clumsy and over-excited. It’s part of what makes the game so fun.

• @McDosy:

Most normal, non-asshats aren’t waiting behind you to cleave through you and steal your kill. They’re just clumsy and over-excited. It’s part of what makes the game so fun.

Very true. I have the nerve to consider myself a somewhat patient player, but I can’t help but go straight for the kill when the fight gets to me from time to time.

All a pub server needs to keep Teamkilling issues in check is good administration. If you’re playing a more competitive match, of course, set it to 100% to avoid exploitation, but the only real way to deter the intentional teamkillers and the truly heedless spammers is to get rid of them. No scoreboard penalty will change that, and gameplay adjustments seem too heavy handed.

• @McDosy:

@Salesgun4Hire:

If an archer TK’s me without a SOZ or Sorry, I kill them when i respawn… bit of a double standard… but I feel like I’m the only person on the battlefield who shouldn’t be TK’d since Im doing all the work.

Wow, you’re a massive tool! I presume you’re aware of this.

Oh, and yes. Please, post me some more of your amazing gaming stats. I’m always really impressed by how well children can play with their toys!

@ Buzbee

Nobody really cares about Salesman swinging into a group. It’s the part quoted above that is highlighting him as a waste of functioning kidneys.

Gotta laugh at you trolling me, you seem to care alot to attack someone who defends my statements, cause he is right, I’m just sharing the truth, as for the archer newbs that tk me while I’m carrying the team, lets see how pissed you get when your 10kpd drops to 5 in an instant from some newbie archer that wants to steal your kill but ends up killing you instead… LOL are all of your ARCHERS?? If the idiots learn to apologize, I wouldn’t be retaliating, now i’ve reverted to just kicking them, since killing them gets blood on my blade.

• @Keurk:

@Salesgun4Hire:

TK is fine, works well, and doesn’t need fixing.

Haters need a lesson, PM me if you want to see me in action, I will play with any ping.

you should learn humility

Only person that humbles me so far is Yedrellow, but he uses cheap feints and OP stabs lol good player tho.

TOLL!!! This was my idea!! Except I didn’t mention my game development experience :P But yeah Slygoat shut me down too with the Team aspect… but IMO, anyone hitting me in the back from my team is not a real team player anyway, so I think the reduced damage is a viable solution… just tricky for the devs to code into the mechanics, if they can do that, then Sweet Spot physics would also be something they can add to the list.

• @Salesgun4Hire:

lets see how pissed you get when your 10kpd drops to 5 in an instant from some newbie archer that wants to steal your kill but ends up killing you instead…

Not very pissed? Accidents happen, after all.

Less pissed than if my 10kpd drops to 5 in an instant because some asshat has deliberately carved through me to steal my kill?

Do you apologise to those guys? I’m guessing no.

Do you see how what you’re doing is deliberate rather than accidental, making it worse? One would hope that might not be beyond your mental faculties, but I don’t hold out that much hope.

So, yeah, I’m trolling you for being an antisocial retard. I just play these games for fun, because the scores don’t really matter. Antisocial retards make the game less fun for everyone, so I don’t like them. Nobody likes them. We should really just kick them.

Maybe a player rating system like they have in DotA2 would be something to consider in the future? Then asshats like this would eventually not be able to get a game, and they can go and pollute some other activity.

• Again I go back to several things that are missing in the game.
    1. TK damage should be set to 100% instead of some vanilla BS 50% as all this has done is encourage the troll behavior.
    2. Have more admins on your server or have them available. Create a community around your servers having admins easily available and friended on Steam, that is usually why our servers stay busy.
    3. We need a remote admin program or ported for HLSW as I have posted here: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5229 In addition, one of the stats should be TKs and it should have a negative scoring that way as Admins we can actually see who is doing it. As in AOC it was easy for an admin or remote admin to see some asshat with -10 kills.
    4. Plugins/mutators could be used like mirror damage, or TK forgive system. They seem like a good idea but most of them sucks specially if you are working the catapult and stupid pubs dont know where to go and keep getting in the way of the cat then they don’t forgive and you get kicked.
    5. Get the advertisement mutator or MOTD working for chiv so information is available for players.

• We need a remote admin program or ported for HLSW as I have posted here

HLSW stands for Half-life Server Watch. Someone needs to contact the HLSW devs to uniquely add Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, just as they did for Red Orchestra 2 in an update. Although, I have a feeling a port needs to be set for remote queries by the devs, unless we can somehow use a pre-existing port. Unreal/UDK is still new to me too :P

• @Martin:

We need a remote admin program or ported for HLSW as I have posted here

HLSW stands for Half-life Server Watch. Someone needs to contact the HLSW devs to uniquely add Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, just as they did for Red Orchestra 2 in an update. Although, I have a feeling a port needs to be set for remote queries by the devs, unless we can somehow use a pre-existing port. Unreal/UDK is still new to me too :P

I did contact HLSW about supporting the game and sadly I have not heard back from them yet. But if more people sent them a request to support it, that would help speed the process… They currently do support many Unreal engine games but I have a feeling that it is more on the DEV team side to get the admin working correctly with rcon set up and the like. But this is really a no brainer and would have been one of the first things I would have set up.

You can contact them here: http://www.hlsw.org/about/contact/
    Or on their forums: http://forum.hlsw.org/

• I’ve got an idea that, just skimming through this post, I didn’t see yet. If I missed it through my skimming, my bad, but flaming me about “This guy already posted it, douchecanoe, think up something original instead of stealing shit from other people” isn’t the point of the topic now is it?

My little plan to implement a trustworthy TK-intervention system:

• TK damage up to 100% (For realism; previously mentioned in this topic)
    • Keep current TK penalties applied
    • Add voiceovers to indicate team attack (Previously mentioned in this topic)
    • Make being autobalanced to the other team MUCH more noticable so people don’t accidentally TK after a teamswitch they were unaware of. (It happens)
    • Add in an automatic TK-incurred death (For the people playing towards realism: As if your allies got sick of it and shoved a sword into your spine) for a specific number of team attacks during one life OR a number of team attacks within a specific time period (For catching people intentionally teamkilling/people just swinging into groups wildly without care for their allies and forcing them to incur the penalty, so even if you are better than everyone there and decide you want to do that, you still face death)
    • Add in an option for the teamkilled player to decide if he wants to forgive a player for the teamkill.
    • If the player is forgiven, nothing happens beyond the normal penalties. If the player isn’t forgiven, more time is added onto their respawn timer for each unforgiven teamkill, forcing them to wait longer every time they die to get back into the game.

This leaves the votekick option that already exists to get rid of teamkillers who are already swinging wildly through groups, not caring about who they hit (or idiots who just decide it would be fun to team kill), make it easier on people who get teamswitched by the autobalance to not incur these penalties, and it would also prevent getting TK penalties on teammates that are just being stupid and decide to stand in front of you right at the exact moment that you finish your stab animation so you DON’T kill him.

As for the other teamkillers (like Salesgun here), they will either invoke the wrath of the admin, or, when they die, will have to sit around for longer and longer periods of time for each teammate they blatantly kill just because why not, there’s an enemy there too and it’s for the greater good.

• You can’t cause the TK’er to have to wait longer in spawn. Most TK’s are somewhat accidental. Making the TKer wait before spawning serves to punish both the TKer and the team. The team is already hurting the extra death caused by the TK’er then to make them play a man (or more) down is pretty harsh.

This game already has a noticeable effect when the teams are even a little uneven. Perhaps it would approach being OK if the Auto Team Balance system balances players much better than it does now.

• What about just a TK counter like the kill counter, in order to make easier the server moderation and the votekick answers ? (“Omg he killed 8 of his teammate, better kicks him off!”).

• See here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5462
    aka the best option so far