Hackers, Kick Exploits, when are you fixing these?

• Just encountered 2-3 hackers, one named Troll_Hunter. All were clearly hacking, as well as using exploits on the kick system on map rotation to remove anyone they liked. My first question is when is this going to be fixed? Secondly I’d like to warn anyone who is thinking of purchasing this game to think twice and read some of the negative reviews with the good reviews. This game is NOT WORTH $25. Your paying more for a completely beta stage of a game that is just immensely broken. It’s a hap-hazardly installed UDK mod that promises knights and really that’s about it. It’s been disappointing compared to the original chivalry.

• @rinaun:

Just encountered 2-3 hackers, one named Troll_Hunter. All were clearly hacking, as well as using exploits on the kick system on map rotation to remove anyone they liked. My first question is when is this going to be fixed? Secondly I’d like to warn anyone who is thinking of purchasing this game to think twice and read some of the negative reviews with the good reviews. This game is NOT WORTH $25. Your paying more for a completely beta stage of a game that is just immensely broken. It’s a hap-hazardly installed UDK mod that promises knights and really that’s about it. It’s been disappointing compared to the original chivalry.

First of all and most importantly: Your = possessive. You’re = you are.

Secondly, lots of people think that it’s worth $25 (or slightly less if you bought with friends using the 3+1 steam package).

Thirdly, l2p if you think the game isn’t deeper than “ooh knights”.

Lastly, what ‘hacks’ did you encounter? The game is not without bugs, but if you could detail the so-called hacks, instead of whining, maybe they could fix them?

• I JUST PUT THIS VIDEO UP, SPEED HACKERS IN MY FAVORITE FFA SERVER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMxPZZT9x44

FUCKERS NEED TO DIE.

• You just fed, man. You just fed. I’m feeding now too.

• lol its cool, mod can delete thread. Change name to symbols + votekick macro + ini edits = 8)

• You can’t call another vote for a while if your vote fails, so the only way this is happening is if there’s more than one person abusing it. Perhaps it would be wise to increase this time period so that a couple players can’t “team up” to spam votes and block out the ability for others to kick them. Also, you can just type votekick into the console to bring up a list of players and an easy confirmation number regardless of what they name themselves.

Good luck finding any “ini edits” that will actually work in a server, by the way :)

• @SlyGoat:

You can’t call another vote for a while if your vote fails, so the only way this is happening is if there’s more than one person abusing it.

They have these things called friends.

@SlyGoat:

Perhaps it would be wise to increase this time period so that a couple players can’t “team up” to spam votes and block out the ability for others to kick them. Also, you can just type votekick into the console to bring up a list of players and an easy confirmation number regardless of what they name themselves.

That would of been a no-brainer. I’m not sure if the devs actually play other online games on the PC after playing this title.
    @SlyGoat:

Good luck finding any “ini edits” that will actually work in a server, by the way :)

I lol’d. Hard. Do you even play this game? I just left a game with two hackers. But ok.

• I think you’re confused as to what these players are doing. There is no .ini edit you can make to cause packet loss and disrupt where the server thinks your character is and what state they’re in (I.E. release period of an attack instead of recovery), which is how a speedhack works. It’s an unfortunate fact that the engine has been around for a long time and is very popular, with many games built around it, so naturally there are a lot of hacks already developed for it. The team is already discussing ways to help detect and eliminate speedhacking, and improvements to the tools currently available to get rid of hackers are already in the works as well, such as a more straightforward method of votekicking players without using the console.

And actually yes, I do play this game. I’m closing in on 200 hours played. In all that time I have witnessed two cases of genuine hacking and swiftly relieved the server of those disruptive players, and while I can’t be everywhere at once to ban the occasional exploiter or hacker who shows up, there are servers out there with active admins - if it’s really as bad as you say, try finding one of those to frequent.

• @SlyGoat:

I think you’re confused as to what these players are doing. There is no .ini edit you can make to cause packet loss and disrupt where the server thinks your character is and what state they’re in (I.E. release period of an attack instead of recovery), which is how a speedhack works. It’s an unfortunate fact that the engine has been around for a long time and is very popular, with many games built around it, so naturally there are a lot of hacks already developed for it. The team is already discussing ways to help detect and eliminate speedhacking, and improvements to the tools currently available to get rid of hackers are already in the works as well, such as a more straightforward method of votekicking players without using the console.

The ini reference was the fact your team included what should be server-side functions to the client. Lol. I highly doubt the team that made this game will handle the hacking anytime soon. This game will end up revolving much like arma 2 does on admins administrating their servers 24/7. I’ll avoid running my server then, and I’ve already turned off my blade from running this game even though I had it set up on day one. Problem solved! Now I’m just wondering how long it’s going to take your team to handle hackers when you can’t even figure out why almost everyone config files got reset today.

In other news, this game really did inspire me in programming/design. I’d feel like I ripped people off producing a game(mod) of this quality for 25$ and releasing it. Relying on users good faith? that’s like MP gaming design no-no #1.

@SlyGoat:

And actually yes, I do play this game. I’m closing in on 200 hours played. In all that time I have witnessed two cases of genuine hacking and swiftly relieved the server of those disruptive players, and while I can’t be everywhere at once to ban the occasional exploiter or hacker who shows up, there are servers out there with active admins - if it’s really as bad as you say, try finding one of those to frequent.

I have 60 hours in myself, and I’ve encountered at least 6-8 hackers already, some hitting multiple servers. I’d probably have more hours in, but the game just annoys me with the current amount of bugs. All the hackers I’ve met have hit low-medium population servers so maybe they are just trolling on the servers they haven’t been banned on yet.

• Just votekicked another hacker. I was the one who actually had to votekick him since others didn’t know how.

• Going to keep bumping until we get a timeline on the fixes. If not, I’m going to release a guide for the exploits. This is a joke on how many people are hacking now. Level the field or fix the problem.

• whats wrong with this original poster he says hackers yet gives only one description they kick you out of the game, idk why this topic is still even here, VOTEKICK?

• Rinaun, threatening to post exploits is not going to make you look good in anyone’s eyes. I’m just going to lock this thread as nothing constructive is happening here.