The game is so unbalanced i have no words

• Damage dealt before animation completes,2h swingging faster than 1 h ,knights heavy armour and same damage as everyone else,daggers parrying hammers etc

• @Zadawn:

Damage dealt before animation completes,2h swingging faster than 1 h ,knights heavy armour and same damage as everyone else,daggers parrying hammers etc

There are a lot of ‘hidden’ mechanics that the tutorial doesn’t teach.

• I’d like to know how much time you played.

Because except the halberd, the norse sword and the warhammer (just against other knights) , the game is pretty well balanced.
    And thank god that you can parry a hammer with the dagger, it would be a (k)nightmare for the archers otherwise.

• @Karam:

And thank god that you can parry a hammer with the dagger, it would be a (k)nightmare for the archers otherwise.

+1

• Nah what i love about this game is that you can kill anyone with anything.

The animation stuff your talking about i’ve never experienced. I don’t mean to sound like a self-righteous know-it-all douche but stop playing for a bit if your that annoyed. I usually get pissed off @ the game when i play for too long.

• If the animations aren’t synching up to damage, you’re probably playing on a server with high ping.

As for the rest of your post… l2p issues, honestly. And contradictory on top of that. Apparently 2handers are overpowered, but daggers being able to parry 2handers is also overpowered?

• @SlyGoat:

Apparently 2handers are overpowered, but daggers being able to parry 2handers is also overpowered?

Touché

• AXE feels this OP is "so much low peasantry! "

Practice makes perfect. One does not just walk out onto the field of battle and cleave endless waves of heads without effort.

Unless of course they are AXE

• This is a game where there are lots of “rock paper scissors” situations, aka asymmetrical balance. The balance is closer to the one in LoL (different heroes counter other heroes) than one found in CS (everyone starts equal and can choose guns to buy).

It will only be a problem if there is some weapon or setup that literally cannot be countered whatsoever (1 vs 1 situation doesn’t matter too much, since this is a game focused heavily on teamwork). A lot of the setups which at first glance appear to have no counter, can in fact by easily countered by a different setup and some knowledge. A valid imbalance for example may be the War Bow, which is so excellent that any other bow would be a disadvantage for the archer.

• @Mogul:

AXE feels this OP is "so much low peasantry! "

Practice makes perfect. One does not just walk out onto the field of battle and cleave endless waves of heads without effort.

Unless of course they are AXE

I start to like you, even if you seem to have mental problems :P

• I really wish this studio would refund customers. I feel like I got robbed buying a beta game when it was clearly not ready for release. I’m honestly amazed someone hasn’t filed something with a court.

• about balance… nothing is ever going to be equal, common sense does dictate a heavier weapon is slower to swing and takes more stamina to do so, this is what needs to be addressed.

• @rinaun:

I really wish this studio would refund customers. I feel like I got robbed buying a beta game when it was clearly not ready for release. I’m honestly amazed someone hasn’t filed something with a court.

Wow, on a troll school, you would get A´s all the way man, all the way…

• @William:

@rinaun:

I really wish this studio would refund customers. I feel like I got robbed buying a beta game when it was clearly not ready for release. I’m honestly amazed someone hasn’t filed something with a court.

Sorry I don’t buy games still in beta? I won’t ever buy a game from torn banner again, could care if it’s the next HL2 or such. Studios that release half finished work are second-rate in my book.

I’ll add this in: According to the U.S. Government Federal Trade Commission, consumers have the legal right to return software for a full refund (or perhaps in-store credit) if it is defective, or does not work on their computer, or if it did not perform as advertised, or if they simply decide that for any reason they were not completely satisfied with the product. The validity of this fact is demonstrated by the prevalence of resellers and software manufacturers who offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee on their software.

• @rinaun:

@William:

@rinaun:

Sorry I don’t buy games still in beta? I won’t ever buy a game from torn banner again, could care if it’s the next HL2 or such. Studios that release half finished work are second-rate in my book.

I’ll add this in: According to the U.S. Government Federal Trade Commission, consumers have the legal right to return software for a full refund (or perhaps in-store credit) if it is defective, or does not work on their computer, or if it did not perform as advertised, or if they simply decide that for any reason they were not completely satisfied with the product. The validity of this fact is demonstrated by the prevalence of resellers and software manufacturers who offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee on their software.

Go threaten Valve with that, if it’s against the law. Their no refunds policy begs to differ, and you gave your money to Steam anyway, not to TBS.

• @rinaun:

@William:

@rinaun:

You will be laughed all the way out of the courtroom for citing laws substantially wrong. My guess is that you copied something from some random blog that was both lacking in citation and outdated.

• I’ve have noticed certain people seem to be able to strike me without winding up the weapon first.
    At least in my view it just seems like the animation cuts straight to the actual swing.

It usually seems to be the same people I see it happening with rather than random occurances.

Also I do get annoyed when my long reach weapon doesn’t seem to reach the target but they can swing a dagger at the air between us and land a hit.

• Just because Valve doesn’t give refunds doesn’t mean it isn’t possible - you’d likely need to go through your credit card to cancel your payment.

Having said that, I think Chivlary is a great game. Not sure what the complaints are about - and yes, damage is delt as soon as the weapon hits the enemy.

I do think that parrying two handed hammers, swords, polearms, etc, with a dagger is a bit ridiculous though. It would be next physically impossible, really. I know this is a game and not about realism but it does break the game a bit too. They should need to GTFO of the way of those weapons, not simply facehug them, parry, and stab. Not sure where the line would be drawn… for example should a 1h knight broadsword or flanged mace be able to parry a Maul without a shield? Maybe not …

• @AngryDave:

I’ve have noticed certain people seem to be able to strike me without winding up the weapon first.
    At least in my view it just seems like the animation cuts straight to the actual swing.

It usually seems to be the same people I see it happening with rather than random occurances.

Also I do get annoyed when my long reach weapon doesn’t seem to reach the target but they can swing a dagger at the air between us and land a hit.

If you successfully parry and then attack immediately your windup will disappear, not sure if this is intentional or not.

Also the halberd apparently has no windup animations at all (that’s the third vanguard polearm)

• @Karam:

Because except the halberd, the norse sword and the warhammer (just against other knights) , the game is pretty well balanced.

If I may be inclined to ask, what’s wrong with these weapons?