Nov 4th update broke the game…..

• Well I had found a graphics tweak that made the game playable for many low end computer users giving them up to 62 fps on a full 34 player server but that has now been removed. It was “Scale Lowend” then readjust graphics menu setting. This was a default CVAR in UDK. It also turned up all of the volume controls to 100% and changed all the setting back to default. Which if you changed anything from the default it was a 50/50 chance that they would even stick. Now it is virtually impossible to play. Most everyone else also is having reduced FPS. YEAH 1 step forward 4 steps back….

• There hasn’t been an update yet O_o

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4867

So far we have been primarily focused on getting bugs worked out and the first big patch is coming soon, hopefully within the next week or 2. Patch one includes: a complete remake of the server browser, fixed auto-balance, new ranged crosshairs, fixed javelins and keybind improvements among many other items highlighted by our community. After that we’re headed towards our first content update, which will bring a ton of new, free stuff to the game, first up includes new maps, new weapons and duel mode + plenty of surprises.

• Your settings were reset? I know that some days ago, after the hotfix, several people reported settings being reset randomly one day when there was supposedly no update. I use all default but I know mine reset because my feint on RMB stopped working.

• All my settings were reset yesterday. Graphics, sound, keybindings, everything. This has happened to half the Chiv players on my friend’s list.

Happened during the last hotfix, as well.

• I had my video settings reset, but it was a simple fix.

• I am not going to argue when it happened but It was fine yesterday and now it sucks beyond belief. All the game configs were reset and now the game is not even playable. My fps drops as low as 11! FUCKING SERIOUSLY? Like I said I had a tweak that I posted that I was getting 45fps on a full server of battlegrounds and now… 23-15 fps on the lowest resolution of 640x480 because now the tweak has been removed. It is not playable. This blows and I am raging…

• Yeah, my settings were reset as well, and the scale console command does appear to be missing (I never used it before, but I know it’s a default UE3 command) - something definitely happened.

• I screenshotted this thread. this is pretty funny shit, right here.

• @rinaun:

I screenshotted this thread. this is pretty funny shit, right here.

What is so funny about it?

• @Retsnom:

@rinaun:

I screenshotted this thread. this is pretty funny shit, right here.

What is so funny about it?

Rinaun is the resident troll of the week. Hopefully if we ignore him he’ll go away.

• @SlyGoat:

Rinaun is the resident troll of the week. Hopefully if we ignore him he’ll go away.

If only I had the mod tools to make my SLAY THE TROLL mod… we could resolve this decisively.

• Well so far, most of my clan members are also suffering from dramatic FPS loss as well, even the guys with solid machines, many maps dropping to 20 fps on a full server. Sadly, there were about 10 players that were having issues with FPS lag to start with. My tweak really helped them out tremendously so I posted on here the fix today and now they cannot play either.

• @ReMixx:

@SlyGoat:

If only I had the mod tools to make my SLAY THE TROLL mod… we could resolve this decisively.

AXE feels he slays troll every time he CLEAVES AND SMITES a mason MAA. Which fortunately for AXE is often!

• @Mogul:

AXE feels he slays troll every time he CLEAVES AND SMITES a mason MAA. Which fortunately for AXE is often!

Here here!!! Down with the rebels!!! :cheers:

• Funny, I thought its my crappy old system that struggles running Chivalry. I experience worse FPS since a few days as well.

Somethings in the bush it looks like?

Mogul Khan, what does AXE think? :D

• Nothing happened to me whatsoever.

• My settings were also reset today. Also, the setting for Fullscreen automatically sets to true every time I start up the game. Both of my friends also report of this happening. This was frustrating as I had fine-tuned my specs and will have to do so again.
    Any ideas on what caused this? Was there another hotfix today or late yesterday?
    One friend also reported that his last game had not counted toward his weapon unlocks correctly.

As for FPS, I haven’t noticed any significant drops personally. I have noticed a significant amount more of lag moments. I figured it was just my connection, but seeing everyone else post of similar accounts makes me wonder.
    Thanks for working to fix and further develop this game!

• I can confirm on my 560ti that performance is indeed reduced, mostly in waves (will start off fine, then dip, go back up, dip, getting worse the more I play).

No other games suffer from reduced performance.

• Developer

There was no Nov 4 update. There were no performance-changing changes because there were no changes at all.

From user reports, config files may have been reset. This might be something in the config file generating code which we have to examine. If you had some specific hacks in there to improve performance, they may have been undone. If not, the game wouldn’t have done anything.

Has anything else on your systems changed? Has there been a driver update for your video card? Has Windows updated something? Has some virus scanner updated?

• @CrustaceanSoup:

There was no Nov 4 update. There were no performance-changing changes because there were no changes at all.

From user reports, config files may have been reset. This might be something in the config file generating code which we have to examine. If you had some specific hacks in there to improve performance, they may have been undone. If not, the game wouldn’t have done anything.

Has anything else on your systems changed? Has there been a driver update for your video card? Has Windows updated something? Has some virus scanner updated?

Maybe it has something to do with steam updating itself , or checking the game integrity…
    I know I don’t have anything running on my Windows7 but most essential services (I even turn off automatic updates, disable the service, and update manually from time to time.)