Big Fan Here with Good Suggestions

• Hello Chivalry development team. Let me start out this post by saying thanks for such a great game, and thanks for continuing to develop a new and more awesome version of Age of Chivalry. AOC is one of my favorite games of all time, and I consider it even just as fun as other wildly addictive games such as Diablo 2. Age of Chivalry is different though because while the concept is somewhat simple to explain, there is something so fun about this game that can’t be explained, but it was a game that had to have been made. It’s funny whenever I described this game to others in the past by saying something along the lines of “this is a great game where you wield swords and axes and hunt each other down first person style”, but I always got strange looks as if the game didn’t sound that fun at all.

Some of you might remember me from 2 years ago when I had posted as ScrotumSlapper or something like that and made a suggestion to this game that was actually used, that is - different classes running at different speeds, and different classes doing different amounts of damages depending on what kind of attack you used. I’m sure there’s a way to find the old post on the forum, but I was honored to actually see that the developers of this game were interested in what I had to say, and decided to implement those suggestions in the game.

So now, I have this other suggestion for the game that may or may not have been made already. That suggestion is to enable each player to gain a certain amount of gold per kill or something to that extent, which could then be used at the beginning of each round to purchase certain new weapons, etc. If you were an archer, for example, you could buy a sort of upgraded kind of bow that deals more damage, or if you were a knight, you could buy an even bigger and badder sword. there could be a blacksmith at the center of each team’s main spawn point, where you could exchange your hard-earned gold for new tools/weapons.

It doesn’t take me long to think of these ideas, but I do see this game as having even more potential to be even more incredible in addition to the things already included in the newer version of AOC. It would be wonderful too if my name was to be included in the credits of Chivalry Medieval warfare, and I’m not asking to be paid or anything because I just want to help make this game better by the time it’s released.

Anyways, what do you all think of this gold/blacksmith idea?

• Also, how about giving players the option to buy a medieval first aid kit kind of thing? This could be interesting. The aid kit could be a few pieces of some sort of cloth and some healing salve that could replenish HP by 10-15%, but can only be used once once it is bought. You would have to die again to be able to buy some more. The downside to using the first aid kit is that it should take 3-4 seconds to apply, and you cannot attack while doing this. It is similar to the sandvich in team fortress 2, but you get to buy it instead in Chivalry.

The med kit should cost more for knights and bigger characters because they require more healing salve and bandages than a smaller character like an archer.

Not a bad idea huh?

the possibilities are endless if you include a shop where players get to buy things when they spawn

• Developer

Glad to hear you are excited about the game. We’ve seen the idea for purchasing items at the start of a round lots of times before and the reason we choose to not do weapon selection that way is because we don’t want to have any items/perks/killstreaks that make players who are already good better than others. We don’t want to artificially increase the skill of players who are already doing well because this widens the gap and makes it even harder on new or lesser skilled players. With the way the health regeneration system works we also don’t think there would be much use in med-kits.

Forum posts do not get you included in the credits of the game… no matter how awesome… sorry :).

• Why not include medieval warriors of different cultures in the game too? Have some Chinese archers with Chu Ko Nus like from Age of Empires 2, or Indians with those special ribbon sword things.

• @SquireSlap:

Why not include medieval warriors of different cultures in the game too? Have some Chinese archers with Chu Ko Nus like from Age of Empires 2, or Indians with those special ribbon sword things.

slygoat?, Wingy?…take it away fellas :D

• @Campin:

@SquireSlap:

Why not include medieval warriors of different cultures in the game too? Have some Chinese archers with Chu Ko Nus like from Age of Empires 2, or Indians with those special ribbon sword things.

slygoat?, Wingy?…take it away fellas :D

I’ve been intentionally not responding to this thread because I would not be able to address OP in a non-insulting manner, and I’ve been trying to present myself better recently.

But yes, ninja wizards.

• Chivalry, while not 100% historically accurate in terms of time periods that all the weaponry was made, does not usually like too much culture to spread in its game as it would ‘seem’ they like to have people think through the classic casual idea of what medieval Europe was (but I’m not an expert of time periods and such).

Secondly, what you said can be done to an extent (or more than fully) through a player driven community.

And lastly, med kits would be way too exploitative in the hands of skilled players and more so annoying just in terms of balance. Something big about being hit is to actually feel like you have a penalty for it but the ability to recover after such penalty was given. Hence a SLOW regeneration system, which in the end, controls a steady recovery system that is much more balanced than any sort of medic system…However…Once again…A medic class would be possible through player development and that’s where I think C:MW wants to shine in comparison to AoC. The ability to let the players control the game just a little bit further :P, least that’s my take on all of this.