Will they add customization?

• HI all,

I’ve watched some videos for War of The Roses and like how you can customize your armor/look. Sadly War of The Roses sucks and only has like 300 people online each day.

I want to customize stuff >.>

• Hopefully yes, and we have no dearth of suggestions. However, balance is the most pressin issue atm.

• ?

The games one of the most balanced i’ve ever played for fuck’s sake.

• The game should sell ha- I mean helmets.

• @GhoXen:

The game should sell ha- I mean helmets.

I don’t want to pay for it you ass, i wan’t to unlock it. There’s not enough stuff to unlock.

• @muncywolverine:

@GhoXen:

The game should sell ha- I mean helmets.

I don’t want to pay for it you ass, i wan’t to unlock it. There’s not enough stuff to unlock.

Why not both?

• If they were to release future content for free that would be awesome but it seems the trend with games lately despite the economy is to charge for eeeeeeverything

• They said you will be able to customize your helmet and armor for free.

• I heartily agree with additions of customization similar to wotr. It would look amazing in FFA to have all those knights in their own coat of arms and colors. My god it would be so glorious.

Team based matches could obviously have certain restrictions to allow team coherency but, it would be nice to have options, seems a bit like a clone war atm :P

• @Warrior:

If they were to release future content for free that would be awesome but it seems the trend with games lately despite the economy is to charge for eeeeeeverything

TF2 is releasing new content rather frequently, and always for free. The reason they can achieve this is because customisations and weapons are sold by the game and traded among players.

• I would wholly welcome paid DLC that adds more visual customization to the game. It will allow them to make some more money from their artists, which in turn leads to them being able to hire more artists and bring in even more content, including new free content.

• How about just fixing all that is wrong with the game first, post a UDK content package so that players can design their own stuff, and worry less about losing players over broke issues?

• @GhoXen:

@Warrior:

If they were to release future content for free that would be awesome but it seems the trend with games lately despite the economy is to charge for eeeeeeverything

TF2 is releasing new content rather frequently, and always for free. The reason they can achieve this is because customisations and weapons are sold by the game and traded among players.

Also because TF2 is funded by megalithic Valve who use it as a sort of advertisement for steam itself. They can afford to never make a dime from TF2… it would hardly affect them at all.

• I hope not. I think too much customization detracts from the gameplay.

• @UnknownXV:

@GhoXen:

@Warrior:

Also because TF2 is funded by megalithic Valve who use it as a sort of advertisement for steam itself. They can afford to never make a dime from TF2… it would hardly affect them at all.

That’s a moot point since Valve is shipping trucks of gold from TF2 thanks to digital sales. Steam really doesn’t need any advertisement. Even people living under rocks should be aware of Steam by now.