What is the best way to use the smoke pot?

• I have tried using it to confuse combat by throwing it where I am fighting, but that just gets me killed usually.

I have also tried using it to obscure the view of archers from where I am fighting (which seems much better than the first use), but I generally end up moving and I feel like I can get more use out of the throwing axes.

I was wondering what situations are best for it and if it is something that can be incorporated in to most fights or if it is more situational.

Thanks.

• Pavise users are generally not amused when you throw it at their pavise shield planted on the ground, I have had archers remain in the smoke still aiming with the Crossbows waiting for me. I tend to pick smokepot whenever I go Spear so I can close on clumps of Archers easier. People rarely escape me when I have a spear as opposed to a shorter weapon, so I use the axes less.

• Usually you would put some in a bowl and pack it nice then insert it into the chamber with fresh clean water, then you light it and inhale from the end, if you have a hole for a super charger then release that close to your max inhalation. For best results, hold it in for max absorption into the lungs. Then sit back and play the game.

• toss it between you and the archers to flank them safly.

on the defend the king mission, you can throw it at the stairs going twords the back where the king stands, jump from the railing to the stairs, nobody will be able to tell you went there and they cant see you, but you have the icon over the kings head so you can effectivly hunt him while being invisable.

this one may be a bit more trolly, but when i see a group of enemies attacking just one of my allies, ill smoke bo0mb the fight and wait for the kill spam to show the enemy killing each other.

it can shut down catabults and balistas, they wont be able to see to aim properally.

• I never thought about the King’s icon being visible through smoke! Thanks for the tip, gonna try that next time i play that map.

• @Retsnom:

Usually you would put some in a bowl and pack it nice then insert it into the chamber with fresh clean water, then you light it and inhale from the end, if you have a hole for a super charger then release that close to your max inhalation. For best results, hold it in for max absorption into the lungs. Then sit back and play the game.

Solid advice. Will try this out & post results.

• I found that using a smoke pot in front of a balista at the last stage of Hillside can be effective.