Resetting unlocks.

• I played for about 2 and a half hours today to unlock the heavy crossbow. I exited the game later from menu by Alt+F4. Now, a few hours later I join another server and guess what? My stupid heavy crossbow needs 37 kills to unlock it…
    Seriously sick of this bullshit. Is it because I alt+F4ed? That would be a totally legit reason…

• Yes, if you ALT-F4, you lose unlocks. This happened to me before.

• I think the progression only saves after the round is over. If you unlock a weapon you’ll only see the achievements pop up during the score screen in the end.

• @Ulven:

I think the progression only saves after the round is over. If you unlock a weapon you’ll only see the achievements pop up during the score screen in the end.

It does, however, even if you enter a new round and have a new weapon you unlocked from a previous round, and then exit your client without going through the GUI, it won’t save it.

What’s most concerning to me is that this indicates it’s entirely clientside, so you can probably just edit some file somewhere to give yourself all the unlocks.

• So one could technically lose all his/her unlocks when reinstalling this game…
    I’d love to have some more feedback about this. :?

• I play on a few different computers and my unlocks stay. But you have to wait till the end of the round to keep what ever you unlocked. It may be server side stored then sent to w/e database after the rounds is over if your still in the game.

• Pfew, that is good to know. Thanks again. ;)

• You have to wait till the end of the round to keep your unlocks, true. But I Alt+F4ed from the menu. Surely this should be ‘fixed’??

• I found one way to make sure that your weapon saves is to equip your newly unlocked weapon and score at least a kill with it. I’ve been doing this with every unlock, and I haven’t lost any since.