Why does the Messer do Swing damage when slashing?

• First of all great game, very fun and addictive!

I have a question regarding the Messer sword. According to the damage chart which Martin kindly provided, the Messer does Swing damage when slashing instead of SwingBlunt.

I am wondering why this is the case? I thought the Messer was the Falchion’s big brother, a heavy cutting sword with a weak stab. The Falchion does SwingBlunt on the overhead as well as on the slash but the Messer doesn’t.

What do you guys think? Should slashing also do SwingBlunt damage or would implementing this unbalance the Messer?

• I believe it’s a mistake, the Messer 1H does SwingBlunt on it’s slash but the 2H not, I’ve added it to the master bug list anyway.

• Many thanks for the clarification Martin. I guess we will have to wait and see if it is intended or not. :)

• I love the messer but it does feel way too strong sometimes. I guess this is why.

• @SOC:

I love the messer but it does feel way too strong sometimes. I guess this is why.

I havent had much luck with it. It feels too slow for me honestly.With the videos I have seen on the messer, I was expecting it to be a bit faster.

• @Mashuu:

I havent had much luck with it. It feels too slow for me honestly.With the videos I have seen on the messer, I was expecting it to be a bit faster.

It’s the slowest of the Knight 2 handers and it has the least reach. I do better with the Longsword. If the devs make the slash do SwingBlunt damage I might be inclined to use it more. Right now the only really good attack is the overhead.

• If you can master its speed and range, the power it has makes up for it. Overheads do so much damage.