Here is how you votekick a player

• seems many players don’t know how to use votekick, this needs to be stickied please.

press ~ it’s under the escape key. This opens your console.

type in: votekick playernamehere so if the persons name is dude you type votekick dude

then type in: confirm playernumberhere if the number next to dude is 0 you type confirm 0

that simple.

• Doesn’t work 100% of the time

• as long as the server allows it it does work,you simply need to gain the needed YES votes. :D

• You forgot the use of ‘votekick’ without a value, giving a playerlist with corresponding number. For those pesky non-ascii player names.

• true, good addition to this thread, ty. 8-)

• That is rather complicated, honestly.

The colorblind option is too! There should be an option command so it is always on.

• can you elaborate, i’m not sure i know what you mean.

• With number next to dude you mean his position in the scoreboard?

• What we really need is a UI for this sort of thing. Most people, in my experience, don’t know enough about pc’s to get into console commands and such. Plus, it would just be easier for everyone. Hopefully things like this are already in the works. It would make short(er) work of griefers and others in desperate need of a kick.

• Votekick will be accessible from clicking a player’s name in the scoreboard soon.

• very cool

• if you have one of them logitech keyboards with the “G” keys (1-12) for recording key inputs you could bind a macro for

then simply put the person’s # and /enter

that could help you process your vote quickly

• @SlyGoat:

Votekick will be accessible from clicking a player’s name in the scoreboard soon.

You guys rock, lol

• Awesome, but i hope you guys adjust the vote kick system, cause i started a votekick to kick a teamkiller, i was the only one who pressed Yes and the vote stayed on 100% and he got kicked by just my vote. :D But this could be abused allot.

• I think there are server settings which allow you to choose a minimum number of votes, I’m not 100% sure on that though.

• @Reevezy:

I think there are server settings which allow you to choose a minimum number of votes, I’m not 100% sure on that though.

The settings are in the config file(s), not sure if they are active though. There are some things in the configs that don’t seem to be active yet.

• @SlyGoat:

Votekick will be accessible from clicking a player’s name in the scoreboard soon.

God I hope this won’t promote more vote-kick trolling…

• @Kwal:

@SlyGoat:

God I hope this won’t promote more vote-kick trolling…

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t there also a setting for how frequent someone can initiate a vote? I believe there is. I do know there is a setting to limit it to only admins being able to initiate. Not sure if it is active, though. Haven’t tested it on my server yet. The cure for all this sort of thing is playing on a well admin’d server, when possible of course. That’s one good reason to seek out a solid group to play with.

• yes there is, the default is a mere 30 seconds, our servers have been upped to 900 seconds and works accordingly