Rebinding Feint action

• I suggest combining the block key/RMB with the feint action whenever you have launched an attack. It will simplify the key bindings and help cancel out potential TK ‘accidents’.

• i agree… this is how feinting worked in M&B and was a lot more intuitive - especially considering how it turned your wing into a block… which would indeed help with TKing incidents in this game

• This is coming soon actually.

• @SlyGoat:

This is coming soon actually.

+1.

• Yep, has been announced for quite a while actually. Until then you may use this Mouse Raider app.

• Most of us in RK has already scripted our RMB to do so, though the idea came from this post i think. (Y)

• For those that are interested until it becomes official:

Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKGame.ini

Bindings=(Name="RightMouseButton",Command="DoParry | Onrelease LowerShield | GBA_Aim",Flag=KBFlag_Weapon,FriendlyName="Parry")

and change it to:

Bindings=(Name="RightMouseButton",Command="DoParry | Onrelease LowerShield | GBA_Aim | GBA_Feint",Flag=KBFlag_Weapon,FriendlyName="Parry")

If you have changed your parry/block away from RMB, this will not work for you.

• Just edit the “RightMouseButton” if you want to change it.

• @Martin:

For those that are interested until it becomes official:

Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKGame.ini

Bindings=(Name="RightMouseButton",Command="DoParry | Onrelease LowerShield | GBA_Aim",Flag=KBFlag_Weapon,FriendlyName="Parry")

and change it to:

Bindings=(Name="RightMouseButton",Command="DoParry | Onrelease LowerShield | GBA_Aim | GBA_Feint",Flag=KBFlag_Weapon,FriendlyName="Parry")

If you have changed your parry/block away from RMB, this will not work for you.

Thanks that is really useful :D

• Cool stuff thanks guys! That’ll free up my Q key for one button dodge :D

• Sweet! Thanks for that! :)

• I wanted the post the same suggestion, but then i found it was already posted!! :D
    And on top of it there is a solution, I can change it the way I would like to see it. Gonna try it, hope it works.

• PM me if there’s a special binding you want, I can do it for ya.
    Finally learned how to do this myself.

• I question this. Is this fair?
    are you saying one key does 2jobs?
    scripted configs?

• Hmmmm… fair, unfair. I guess it’s kinda unfair but I am sure it will come in the official key binding options.

Besides I don’t get it to work so…

• Thanks Martin. That is awesome.
    Now I got dodge on my spacebar instead of feint.

It’s not really unfair, it’s not like a feint becomes a parry as well. Just simplifies controls.

• Please let me play with separated feint/block keys (as now).!!!

• I think they will make this feint/block optional !

Btw, I made a mistake in the code, found it, fixed it and tried it…… and… it worked! Now my fighting (feinting blocking) feels much more natural, like i am used in Mount&Blade Warband.

Thx again. :D

• UDKGame.ini ?
    is that the right file? followed the path opened that file line on forum is not in it.

• @loin:

UDKGame.ini ?
    is that the right file? followed the path opened that file line on forum is not in it.

There’s been an hotfix that made it unable to do it through UDKinput.ini, so yes. do it in UDKgame.ini