Can you be hit twice from one swing?

• Basically after looking at Martin’s damage chart I noticed that knights cannot be one-shotted.

I’m convinced I’ve been one-shotted as a knight at full health 1v1 so I was wondering if a swing of a weapon can hit you “twice” if it hits 2 different regions in one swing. Like would it go through the arm and hit the torso and count as 2 hits?

• That’s not possible, no. Could you have been hit by a projectile the moment you were also attacked in melee?

• I guess it’s always a possibility.

• I’ve experienced what I believe were double hits, though it happens so infrequently* I cannot be 100% sure I’m not mistaken.

I obviously cannot offer any steps as to how to reproduce it either.

*even less frequent than the ‘hitting through a successful block’ bug.

• somtimes i felt like hitting sombody twice with the spear , one hit on the “thrust attack” and another hit when the spear “come back” … but i cant really say for sure

• I’ve not experienced this myself in almost 200 hours of Steam game time, and since Feb 2010 from when I first started playing Chivalry, although that’s not to say it’s not just a really really rare occurrence. A video showing player’s pings and health bars depleting to a single attack would really be necessary to confirm the issue, otherwise it could just be a visual/sound error.

• Yesterday I saw someone get hit with a maul while simultaneously getting hit with an arrow. I thought he got killed with one swing. But I was on mumble with everyone playing, so they confirmed he was indeed hit by an arrow at the exact moment of impact. It was pretty funny since I was right behind him, and watched a knight crumble in a blink of an eye.

• Wait…wait…this game has been around since 2010 and still has this many issues?

• @Chuckdatass:

Yesterday I saw someone get hit with a maul while simultaneously getting hit with an arrow.

The Maul alone could pretty much do it if it was anything but a knight being hit. ;)

• @Bellatormonk:

Wait…wait…this game has been around since 2010 and still has this many issues?

That’s when development started and we had 1 model and 1 sword. Oh how much the game has been through since then…

• Today I was one hit as vanguard by an overhead poleaxe. I’m not sure if that’s possible or if I was hit by a projectile. If it is a bug then possibly the attack enters the body then leaves out the bottom only to reenter the leg or foot? With the archers getting better all the time I expect to see more of this tho. The meta is changing from rush in and swing swing swing to what it was meant to be.

O yeah I just remembered one game where a MaA jumped off a cliff and I 1 shot him before he landed with Dane Axe taking off his head. Then he re-spawned shortly after (3 - 4 seconds) and I 1 shot him again but this time he was on the ground and I didn’t cut off his head. Both times we were complete alone.

• It is possible, tested it out today and after 3-4 hours of parsin:

i was slapped 150 times, 25 of those where 1 shoots.

• Ok I DEFINITELY got one-shot as a knight from a single maul hit in a 1v1 game today. No archers or anything else that could have hit me first. Literally the first hit killed me.

• i got 1killed by another knight once, but that was a maul landing on my head with a overhead swing. Squash went head 8-)

• @Necramonium:

i got 1killed by another knight once, but that was a maul landing on my head with a overhead swing. Squash went head 8-)

But that’s my point, the damage chart shows it’s not possible to one-shot a knight even with the maul and it happened to me today in a 1v1 situation where there was no way for me to get hit by anyone else.

• If you can provide more details on how this occurred it’d help clear up what the issue is, if any.

I will admit after a lot of Maul usage there has been a time or two when I was certain I killed a full HP Knight, but there was no way of me knowing whether he took some fall damage or had almost fully regenerated from an arrow or something.

• i didnt experienced this myself since i play.