Nerf norse sword

• Seriously nerf it’s stab speed or make its animation longer. Every duel consists of MAA with norse sword or Knight with norse sword. I use it. Jest uses it. Speedracer uses it. Jackbaldy uses it. Raicon uses it. Amplar uses it. etc etc

It’s not the damage that’s too high. It’s the animation that’s too skippy to see if someone is stabbing or feinting.

Stabbing animation of most weapons in the game right now overall is too hard to tell what state (windup/release/feint) it is in.

• I can see how it is a little strong but it doesn’t bother me much in my little pub games.

• Inb4 game’s too new to nerf anything, game’s fine, game’s balanced, you’re just bad, learn to play, every weapon has disadvantages, ect.

It needs nerfing.

• Game’s too new to nerf anything, game’s fine, game’s balanced, you’re just bad, learn to play, every weapon has disadvantages.

• Game’s too new to nerf anything, game’s fine, game’s balanced, you’re just bad, learn to play, every weapon has disadvantages.

• <3 you guys LOL

• Ok lets just remove the swords/bows/armor, and make it a remake of Mike Tyson’s Punch Out. Wait what the hell did I just say?

• I think there was a topic covering that issue. And norse sword stab does almost the same damage as it’s overhead slash, but it has more speed and reach. Thats why it’s damage should be nerfed.

• @tamashi:

I think there was a topic covering that issue. And norse sword stab does almost the same damage as it’s overhead slash, but it has more speed and reach. Thats why it’s damage should be nerfed.

But not overnerfed too much.

• MAA is my favorite class, but I strongly believe the norse sword needs to be nerfed immediately. It is one of those weapons that is so far beyond any other weapon in the MAAs arsenal that it feels completely out of place. There are plenty of other weapons that need attention, but this is a weapon that strips the credibility away from a class entirely. The MAA requires a viable thrusting weapon, but give us something reasonable please.

• @FrostFire626:

The MAA requires a viable thrusting weapon, but give us something reasonable please.

There is a dagger called “Thrusting”.

• I don’t use the norse sword because it’s too easy. Why would you use something that is obviously way too strong? Do you have something to prove?

I use dane axe.

• Dane Axe is definitely the second best MaA weapon, IMO. Falchion, Hatchet and possibly the Mace and Morning Star are usable as well. Overall though, MaA weapons that aren’t Norse Sword need improvements and the Norse needs to be brought down to their level in turn.

Also continuing my crusade to have MaA weapons removed from the Knight.

• @SlyGoat:

Dane Axe is definitely the second best MaA weapon, IMO. Falchion, Hatchet and possibly the Mace and Morning Star are usable as well. Overall though, MaA weapons that aren’t Norse Sword need improvements and the Norse needs to be brought down to their level in turn.

Are you guys doing any changes to feints or animations? I’d really like to see some improvements so you can actually react instead of guessing.

• I agree.

I mostly play MAA and Archer lately, both classes are very fun and have a pretty high skillcap. That said, some of its weapons are clearly too strong: the Norse Sword and the Warbow.

The reasons NS is OP are already listed in this thread, so I’ll talk on the warbow. It is easy to shoot, does tons of damage and has enough ammo that you don’t need to care about that. You can score just as much as any other class while dying less. It changes the archer role from support to ranged carry, which hurts a game centered around melee. Also, it is so much better than other archer weapons that there’s no point in using them.

So, nerf Norse Sword and Warbow!

• @negocromn:

So, nerf Norse Sword and Warbow!

Hear, hear!

• @SlyGoat:

Dane Axe is definitely the second best MaA weapon, IMO. Falchion, Hatchet and possibly the Mace and Morning Star are usable as well. Overall though, MaA weapons that aren’t Norse Sword need improvements and the Norse needs to be brought down to their level in turn.

I agree with pretty much everything balance wise you ever say about this game.

• @holdenmcclure:

@SlyGoat:

I agree with pretty much everything balance wise you ever say about this game.

Except knights need MaA weapons, and Vanguards need maces instead of short swords.

• @SlyGoat:

This.
    Or the speed of these weapons should be nerfed a bit for the knight. (nothing more raging than a knight spamming with norse sword+shield and running around everywhere)

• @Karam:

This.
    Or the speed of these weapons should be nerfed a bit for the knight. (nothing more raging than a knight spamming with norse sword+shield and running around everywhere)

The problem isn’t that knight has access to MaA weapons. The problem is the Norse sword is OP.