Nerf norse sword

• Exploiting a game mechanic with the Norse Sword doesn’t make it OP. It means you are EXPLOITING a ‘broken’ game mechanic….
    What’s so bad about 3 hitting knights?

• Poop also played cRPG?
    You NA?
    Or you from Templars?

One option makes you decent….the other makes you a douche.

Norsesword is allright At this stage.
    Personal taste if you like it easier or harder.
    Its not the only good weapon for the MAA…and I havent even bothered with axes.

Fucking nerf mentality ruining games. Talk ab out buffs instead.

• @POOP:

@Martin:

So why isn’t the hatchet overpowered? Its overhead is faster (a whole 0.1s faster actually) than the Norse Sword’s stab and the defending player has to actually turn to parry it. The hatchet 2 hits Vanguards and 3 hits Knights just like the Norse sword.

Is it because there is a Norse Sword craze and there aren’t many that have used a hatchet yet?

The Mace does 49 damage to a Knight’s head. That means you only need 2 hits, and 1 completely unblockable kick. Why isn’t that overpowered yet?

I think it’s too early if you ask me. We should wait until some competitive play.

Hatchet IS also very strong. And yes you are right; not many people have used it yet.

But another thing is that norse sword can go around a player’s block. If you go right up to someone’s face and aim toward the opponent’s far left, or stab away from body and drag it into the body, stab goes through the block. Same goes for long reach weapons, and pro players intentionally miss the stab and drag it around the target.

To counter this, you have to look almost 70 degrees away from your center to block it. Not many people realize this and are frustrated because they think they blocked it, but still get hit.

Overhead swing works as you expect and overhead swing is explained in the tutorial ingame. You have to look more up to block overhead shots. But unless the hatchet user is jumping, overhead swing doesn’t go through the block like stab does.

I’ve been having great fun exploiting this hole in the game mechanics.

The way you can drag the almost stationary tip of the blade into people to hit them is just daft; it’s behaving more like a lightsaber than a sword.

They really need to overhaul the entire combat mechanics so blade velocity actually plays a part in the damage determination calculations. It’d add so much more depth to the melee system.

The only problem is it’d require a complete rebalance of the weapons & classes; it’d essentially be a whole new (far better) game.

• @Martin:

So why isn’t the hatchet overpowered? Its overhead is faster (a whole 0.1s faster actually) than the Norse Sword’s stab and the defending player has to actually turn to parry it. The hatchet 2 hits Vanguards and 3 hits Knights just like the Norse sword.

Is it because there is a Norse Sword craze and there aren’t many that have used a hatchet yet?

The Mace does 49 damage to a Knight’s head. That means you only need 2 hits, and 1 completely unblockable kick. Why isn’t that overpowered yet?

I think it’s too early if you ask me. We should wait until some competitive play.

Parrying an overhead hatchet is far easier than parrying a stabbing Norse sword. It may be faster, but its broken hitbox isn’t as broken as the Norse sword. You can deal with overhead hatchets much much easier.

Have you ever done a clan battle where multiple enemies were using the Norse sword? Once you do, you’ll truly realize how bad it needs nerfing and it’s not too early.

• We do internal clan battles practically every day and the Norse Sword isn’t really on the list of overpowered weapons for us. The Shields and bastard swords combined with shields are far higher priority.

Also, weapons don’t have hitboxes, and I’ve never personally had an issue with parrying the Norse Sword. You just have to be aware of people aiming for your sides is all. People think only ever parrying looking directly at the player because they’re using a stab should work, when this is not the case whatsoever as your left side is completely open.

• In normal games, it makes no difference, but in high level duels it’s definitely overpowered. The Stab is.

• Agreed. The Norse Sword is nowhere up to par with the other options for MaA: there is no reason whatsoever to pick any other weapon than the Norse Sword when playing MaA. This one-hander is even better than most 2-handers… Phenomenal damage, excellent speed and good enough reach. Honestly, it has very little to no downsides.

• Every single public game I played today had at least one Norse sword user in it. It’s sad.

• Every single pub game I played today had at least one warbow user, one warhammer user, one claymore user and one halberd user.
    It’s sad

*sarcasm mode off.

• @SOC:

Every single public game I played today had at least one Norse sword user in it. It’s sad.

Every single public game I played today had at least one Great sword use in it. It’s sad.

/Sarcasm

• Norse Sword is fine.

I used to consider it slightly imablanced, but it has only one viable attack and it’s the one with the smallest hit detection.

• Trust me, Norse Sword / Shield MAA is practically unbeatable. You can’t really feign them and the stab is so fast and does so much damage. I played this play style for awhile and it was extremely satisfying. While the MAA is one of the harder classes to master, once you have the class basics down this play style is way too easy to not just do well in, but to completely dominate. I’ve gone like 30-3 before with Norse Sword / Shield. I moved on. If my team is really doing bad I go back to it to try to win the game. But now I typically play Falchion and Fire Pot, and its the funnest style. Watching people burn is really satisfying. Unfortunately though playing MAA without the Norse Sword is an eye-opener for the class. I still think its quite powerful. But you aren’t the God at this game that you think you are when you play with the Norse Sword.

It needs to definitely be nerfed.

• @HEXEN:

Norse Sword is fine.

I used to consider it slightly imablanced, but it has only one viable attack and it’s the one with the smallest hit detection.

If it is fine, why is the number of users rapidly increasing?

Please tell me, why would you choose any other weapon than the Norse Sword as a MaA? I have been playing quite a while and you have every right to call me a noob if you can tell me why any of the axes or maces would be better than the Norse Sword.

• @Siegfried:

@HEXEN:

Norse Sword is fine.

If it is fine, why is the number of users rapidly increasing?

Please tell me, why would you choose any other weapon than the Norse Sword as a MaA? I have been playing quite a while and you have every right to call me a noob if you can tell me why any of the axes or maces would be better than the Norse Sword.

This. I am only impressed with MAA now that can do well without Norse Sword. Its way too easy once you get good at it. And its practically unbeatable with a shield. I play with the Falchion and Fire Pot and its a much more entertaining, challenging, and rewarding playstyle.

• You can find some Dane Axe videos on my channel, link below.

You don’t have to play with the Norse Sword to do well as the MAA, and there are reasons to pick other weapons, mainly for flexibility, reach or to compliment a different playstyle.

The Norse Sword has a single attack that’s viable. It’s slash and overhead are pitiful compared to the stab. Honestly, “Nerf Norse Sword” is another bandwagon mentality that I almost got caught up in myself. Is it any more powerful than a Knight with a Tower Shield and a War Hammer? Or an experienced user with the Halberd or Bardiche?

Norse Sword + Shield is a powerful combination that the MAA has available to him, but it is by no means overpowered or unbeatable. And please, let the amount of MAA Norse Sword users increase. I’ll trade hits with them all day long with my Maul and be quite happy about it.

• Trust me, Norse Sword / Shield MAA is practically unbeatable. You can’t really feign them and the stab is so fast and does so much damage.

That’s an issue with shields, not the Norse Sword. As for speed, the hatchet is faster than the Norse Sword and still kills Vanguards in 2 hits, Knights in 3.

• @Martin:

That’s an issue with shields, not the Norse Sword. As for speed, the hatchet is faster than the Norse Sword and still kills Vanguards in 2 hits, Knights in 3.

Oh no! Hatchet is overpowered!

I say we pick a weapon that really sucks, and begin to call it overpowered. If enough people are involved in the ruse, people will actually start to beleive it and we can get Torn Banner to nerf an already useless weapon.

It would be a glorious experiment.

• is this game played my 10 year olds? whats with all the crying ?

• I agree, the quick + long range + 2hitkill is too strong, I grenerally fight with 1h maces and even thought the enemy misses his first stab they can still do another stab before my swing hits them, the speed of this weapon and damage make it great for poking AND trsding hits

• A few days ago when I was playing MaA because of to many archers I was using Dane Axe and was doing way better then the MaA who were using Norse sword. The sad part was I wasn’t really trying. When I see knights using it I just keep my distance and dodge left / right as much as I can. I think its a strong weapon but not op. I also feel the Dane Axe is a better weapon.