Animations & Hit detection need refinement

• Lots of the animations in the game are drawn out and jerky. They definitely need to be adjusted & refined for more fluid motion.

As an example: The javelin re-arming animation immediately after throwing one is horrendously long. It’s actually very easy to swap weapons and entirely cancel the animation, so why is there a re-arm animation at all? It might as well be immediate.
    XmmALFpXWLA
    I suggest that the animations be adjusted to compensate for this and be either cut down in length or adjusted to make it comparable or faster then weapon switching. As it is now, there is no reason to EVER wait through this animation and this needs to be changed.

Secondly, hit detection needs some work. I don’t know much about this from a developer’s standpoint, but I do know that a javelin thrown through an enemy’s eye doesn’t qualify as a headshot.

I don’t know anything about fixing/adjusting this but it certainly can use some work when this sort of thing can happen.

• 1. Javelin reload is not intended to be as long as it is, and will be cleaned up in the next patch along with several other javelin tweaks and fixes.

2. Are you assuming that wasn’t a headshot because it left the knight alive? Because currently, no weapon in the game will kill a knight in one shot, even a headshot with the heavy crossbow. If it were a vanguard he would’ve died and the headshot icon would’ve shown in the killfeed.

• @SlyGoat:

1. Javelin reload is not intended to be as long as it is, and will be cleaned up in the next patch along with several other javelin tweaks and fixes.

2. Are you assuming that wasn’t a headshot because it left the knight alive? Because currently, no weapon in the game will kill a knight in one shot, even a headshot with the heavy crossbow. If it were a vanguard he would’ve died and the headshot icon would’ve shown in the killfeed.

Thanks, I thought a headshot with the javelin would kill anything in 1 hit. Is there a wiki with more of this information so I can learn these things?

Found some resources on weapons but nothing concrete on damage models/multipliers.
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/weapons
    http://chivalry.wikia.com/wiki/Chivalry … rfare_Wiki

• Groovy, thanks Goat.