Knights sword and shield choises

• I have noticed some of the big swords of the knights can be used with or without a shield. You can click “1” to draw or redraw your shield. It seems that the big swords swing faster when the shield is up (feels like the lesser swords).

Does this mean that if i redraw my shield the weapon becomes slower and more damaging?

Cunfusing indeed. What is best, to have the shield on my back or on my enemies face?

• Two-handed weapons used in one hand, become faster, less damaging, and lose a small amount of reach for some attacks.

• IMO they feel much slower, but if you want the best knight longsword with a shield it’s the sword of war. Has a great stab.

• @SOC:

IMO they feel much slower,

Well, you know that it isn’t true right? We just discussed it in another thread, and people pointed out that you were wrong, and backed it up with real numbers. Why do you keep repeating something that has been debunked a number of times already?

• @acrh2:

@SOC:

Well, you know that it isn’t true right? We just discussed it in another thread, and people pointed out that you were wrong, and backed it up with real numbers. Why do you keep repeating something that has been debunked a number of times already?

Because I’m rank 41 and have 170+ hours in the game, if I say I feel something then obviously it means something. If my opinion can help someone else then so be it. If not, oh well.

• @SOC:

@acrh2:

@SOC:

Because I’m rank 41 and have 170+ hours in the game, if I say I feel something then obviously it means something. If my opinion can help someone else then so be it. If not, oh well.

You are like one of those Southerners who always vote against their interests and for the Republican party. Facts be damned, gonna go with my gut on this one. Right?
    This is why this country is going down the drain. Instead of voter id laws, they should introduce voter iQ laws.

• @acrh2:

You are like one of those Southerners who always vote against their interests and for the Republican party. Facts be damned, gonna go with my gut on this one. Right?
    This is why this country is going down the drain. Instead of voter id laws, they should introduce voter iQ laws.

I vote for who I think will do the best job for the country and everyone I love. Not sure why you’re derailing the thread so much, but like I said before, just offering my opinion. I’m sorry you feel so strongly against it.

I still feel like the Sword of War is a great choice when going 1h and shield, it has really strong stabs and comes out quicker than the others.

• bump. want more info on this

• @Uber|Soldat:

bump. want more info on this

Well, when I’m using knight longswords I like to pull out the shield when I’m up against archers, man at arms and spear/polearm vanguards. The shield will help you deal with the arrows, the “in your face” of man at arms and help you approach long reach vanguards. Just hold up your shield as you run in towards vanguard face and wait for them to hit, or get a quick stab or slash in once you’re in their face and they’ll have a hard time parrying it. You can oneshot archers with a clean head overhead Messer 2h swing, so if you’re flanking a good archer’s blindspot be sure to take advantage of it rather than wasting time switching to shield. Same applies to man at arms, only pull out the shield when you know they see you coming. Also, vanguards take bonus damage from piercing so be sure to stab them when possible if you’re using the longsword or sword of war.

• @Uber|Soldat:

bump. want more info on this

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=54

Check out the link in the signature.

• @SOC:

IMO they feel much slower, but if you want the best knight longsword with a shield it’s the sword of war. Has a great stab.

Norse sword with knight shield is one of the most OP setup in the game.

• @GhoXen:

@SOC:

IMO they feel much slower, but if you want the best knight longsword with a shield it’s the sword of war. Has a great stab.

Norse sword with knight shield is one of the most OP setup in the game.

Duh, but we’re talking about knight longswords, not MaA swords.