Fork is MFing broken

• Fork is so broken I want to stomp on a kitten every time I engage someone and die. Every time I attack with fork it carries me past my enemy and he sidesteps me nonstop.

It takes 4-6 hits to kill almost everyone with it and here I thought no one could take more then 3 hits in the torso.

When I use LMB for a swing it never allows a second swing, the fork just starts to fade in and out rapidly as my enemy just pummels me and I can never get a another swing in.

When I Mwheel up or down the cross hair is so small I can rarely see where/if I am aiming a stab properly.

Parry with a Fork is a rarity.

• The only reason you should ever swing with a fork is if some one is very very low on hp. If you have a fork and you swing more then a few times every one will just ignore you and kill you threw the swings. If your having trouble stabbing with the fork you should use a different weapon.

• Fork is a terrible weapon, but it sounds like you’re not grasping the concept of spears as a whole. You should primarily be using your secondary attack (Overhead for most weapons) which is the strongest attack on a spear, being a slower stab than the high, quick stab which you should only use very occasionally when you think it’s all you need to finish off a wounded enemy.

• Perhaps the problem is every opponent is a Knight or Vanguard. This game should be renamed “Knights and Vanguards”.

• @Bellatormonk:

Perhaps the problem is every opponent is a Knight or Vanguard. This game should be renamed “Knights and Vanguards”.

Have you not met the little thing called a norse sword, and have you turned off chat to not hear ppl whining about archers?

• @Bellatormonk:

Perhaps the problem is every opponent is a Knight or Vanguard. This game should be renamed “Knights and Vanguards”.

Even the moderators claim that archers should only play a support roll. It’s a bit annoying to have the class I paid to play not even be on par in 99% of the situations. If I could pick two fixes for the ranged class, it would be shorter weapon switch time, and more balanced weaponry. Having the only practical choices being the heavy equipment is just fucking retarded on so many levels. It’s almost impossible to kill anyone with a short bow, and if you hit them it does less damage than a dagger slash.

I’ve never had a problem with melee combat in this game, my main gripe though is the lack of effort put into EVERY SINGLE OTHER THING. It’s like the devs spent months working on the melee combat system and never once stopped and spent equal time on archery or even game modes. I can top the charts all day as a vanguard/knight, but unless it’s a 32+ server archers are just walking free kills. I see people beeline towards them because they know they’ll get a free 1-2 swings in before they can pull their weapon out and put the bow away.

• @rinaun:

@Bellatormonk:

Even the moderators claim that archers should only play a support roll. It’s a bit annoying to have the class I paid to play not even be on par in 99% of the situations. If I could pick two fixes for the ranged class, it would be shorter weapon switch time, and more balanced weaponry. Having the only practical choices being the heavy equipment is just fucking retarded on so many levels. It’s almost impossible to kill anyone with a short bow, and if you hit them it does less damage than a dagger slash.

I’ve never had a problem with melee combat in this game, my main gripe though is the lack of effort put into EVERY SINGLE OTHER THING. It’s like the devs spent months working on the melee combat system and never once stopped and spent equal time on archery or even game modes. I can top the charts all day as a vanguard/knight, but unless it’s a 32+ server archers are just walking free kills. I see people beeline towards them because they know they’ll get a free 1-2 swings in before they can pull their weapon out and put the bow away.

EVERY SINGLE OTHER THING being… Archery? That would be one single other thing, yes. And while I’m not the best of archers, do charge at me swinging wildly while i pull out a dagger and poke you to bits. Or any experienced archer. Archers could use kick during bow and faster weapon switch, but otherwise I don’t see them as pushovers.

• The pitchfork should be the fastest 2H weapon in game IMO, that would be pretty damn interesting. Currently that title is held by the Bardiche.

• @Martin:

The pitchfork should be the fastest 2H weapon in game IMO, that would be pretty damn interesting. Currently that title is held by the Bardiche.

That’s an interesting idea actually. Bardiche also has that sneaky 2nd hit in the overhead combo.

I’ll have to try playing with the fork, as I’ve never even touched it. I love the spear, so who knows.

• The Fork can be very good, IF you know how to use it that is. It can 2 hit vanguards and 3 hit knights. Don’t trash talk the best weapon in Chivarly!

• @X3r0:

The Fork can be very good, IF you know how to use it that is. It can 2 hit vanguards and 3 hit knights. Don’t trash talk the best weapon in Chivarly!

There are only 7 weapons that can’t do that :P

• I’d like to see someone win fights using the fork while not using mouse wheel. It’s not bad at all once you limit yourself to just stabbing and not slashing.

• @rinaun:

@Bellatormonk:

The good Archers always have amazing kd’s and are hard to kill in 1v1. Once I was head shot from the other side of the map. Once I head shot some one out of pure luck from the other side of the map. Archers are good where they are.

• Fork isn’t that bad. I remember when I was busy unlocking the spear weapons for Vanguard I played the entire time with Fork until I had the Brandistock. It works very well and I find it dealing decent damage for such a fast and long ranged stabbing weapon. It’ll punish people that underestimate the range of the spear-type weapons more than any other. However, I agree a speed increase as someone mentioned before would make it a hell of a lot more interesting.

• Forks are for eating. Not for killing. AXE Feels you should be better suited for the KITCHEN then the fields of WAR.

• @manic:

@Bellatormonk:

Have you not met the little thing called a norse sword, and have you turned off chat to not hear ppl whining about archers?

Knights don’t get Norse swords anymore?