I have a good idea for archery!

• I’ve been trying to get into archery in this game. The melee combat is phenomenal, but I feel that the archery is a bit lacking. I had an interesting idea that could make it a bit more involved.

Perhaps if players were able to use the mouswheel to adjust the power and distance of their arrow. Pulling back the mousewheel after loading an arrow will cause your character to pull back the bowstring. The farther back you pull, the faster the arrow will travel, and the farther it will go. The balancing to this (to prevent people pulling back to full power too quickly) is that it takes more time to pull back the string, and the longer you have it at full power, the less accurate you will get (I’d imagine holding back a bowstring for an extended period of time could get physically taxing…) Perhaps your power could be measured by a meter on the side of your screen. Tell me what you think!

I really hope a dev sees this and tells me what they think. I love your game, and I’m sure future updates will make it legendary. See you on the battlefield!

• People would just macro the mouse wheel to a certain point for the bow to release, wouldn’t change a thing

• Uhm, this would be totally unauthentic. You draw a bow the same way every time. It´s not like “Oh, now I just pull it half way…” that does not even make sense, really. You pull the string till your nose, eye or cheek. Depends on style and preference. But you pull it all the way through, always.

• Burning arrows please :)

• @William:

Uhm, this would be totally unauthentic. You draw a bow the same way every time. It´s not like “Oh, now I just pull it half way…” that does not even make sense, really. You pull the string till your nose, eye or cheek. Depends on style and preference. But you pull it all the way through, always.

+1

• @William:

Uhm, this would be totally unauthentic. You draw a bow the same way every time. It´s not like “Oh, now I just pull it half way…” that does not even make sense, really. You pull the string till your nose, eye or cheek. Depends on style and preference. But you pull it all the way through, always.

'Tis true^

I agree that archery feels lacking, but I don’t think this particular idea will fix it. But, on that note, doesn’t the longbow already say something about being different the longer you draw back? At least, the wiki says that. Maybe it was from earlier in development and something that isn’t ingame.