Protect the village!! Water buckets!?

• We can halt their invasion by killing the enemy, but not be able to prevent the fire.

There’s a local water stream, so why not be able to pick up water with buckets?
    Once filled, you hurl it on top of the hay roofs, the roof get’s immunity (since its water) for 20-30 seconds and after that it can be burned again.

If someone is attacking you while carrying the bucket, you should be able to swing it, eventually smash it. Or drop it on ground and pick out your weapons to fight.

I think this could be really something useful for the Agathians.

:crest:

• Yeah this would be nice. You should be able to throw it just like a torch, except instead of setting people on fire it makes them all wet and drippy.

• @Kwal:

them all wet and drippy.

I misread that…

• You are in the right area for this idea but… The Villagers should be putting out those fires and running around, Mason come and kill Peasants hence preventing fires being put out.

Plus it gives the map more sense of realism as that’s what the peasants did back in those times and it also gives mason another reason to slay the peasants… No Peasants = Firer rages on. Be too much for players too do, Kill and Put out fires… Peasants should be the ones putting out fire instead of running around like zombies.

• I wouldn’t mind being able to fill buckets up with water, as long as I could throw the water over my teammates, lol.

• @GATMAN:

You are in the right area for this idea but… The Villagers should be putting out those fires and running around, Mason come and kill Peasants hence preventing fires being put out.

Plus it gives the map more sense of realism as that’s what the peasants did back in those times and it also gives mason another reason to slay the peasants…

We have also Archers and M-A-A to do that job. Vanguards and Knights are pretty much stopping the invasion as they can.

But it’s not a bad idea actully. :)

@Martin:

I wouldn’t mind being able to fill buckets up with water, as long as I could throw the water over my teammates, lol.

Yeah didn’t think of that! :D

• @GATMAN:

The Villagers should be putting out those fires and running around, Mason come and kill Peasants hence preventing fires being put out.

That´s a brilliant idea. This would actually give the peasants a reasonable reason to run around like chickens anyway. Right now, I always ask myself why dont they gather somewhere save - probably this nice big castle? ;)

So, putting them on firefighter-duty would really spice up this game mode… or map…

Nice idea! ;)

• Yeah, let’s make it impossible for the masons to complete their mission.

:\

It’s good that there’s no way to undo the advancement of the enemy. Imagine the dead body cart and those gate smasher carts able to be pushed back. It’d completely ruin the balance.

• @Sir:

Yeah, let’s make it impossible for the masons to complete their mission.

:\

It’s not quite impossible. It’s still possible with use of brain that is and not just fury.

• I agree, it would not be impossible. This objective can be tough if Agatha defend really well, especially when they have 2-3 very good archers. But still, most of the time when I play Mason on this map, we just rush through this obj. in a few minutes.
    The problem, again, are the players who run towards the next blue guy as if he is a friggin magnet.

And no one said how long it would take the filthy peasants to put out a fire, why assume that this would break the whole map without any further details? There are SO many possabilities to balance that out, don´t worry…

• This sire, is a legendary idea. I would love this feature, it adds a new element of team-play I say, shit sire. I do enjoy, being that fellow who does those smaller-misc jobs, which overall augments thy team!

Okay, cutting to it. More features the better, better interactivity with the world… is a big plus indeed. ;)

• @Martin:

I wouldn’t mind being able to fill buckets up with water, as long as I could throw the water over my teammates, lol.

I’ve got my eyes on you <_<

And yeah, that would be a great improvement to the first objective on stoneshill.

• That’s a good idea, I would have a reason to acctualy kill peasants instead of running around with torches.

• @Martin:

Could also be great for teammates. I just can’t count how many of them get burned from beeing too close from the marketplace when setting it on fire.

• @tamashi:

That’s a good idea, I would have a reason to acctualy kill peasants instead of running around with torches.

Fully agree, but it wouldnt hurt if game players where able to do the same.

@Shiroi:

Could also be great for teammates. I just can’t count how many of them get burned from beeing too close from the marketplace when setting it on fire.

Yeah. Since Vanguards and Knights are pretty much doing what they can to stop the invasion. Crossbowmen/MAA can take a break for 30 seconds and hurl water onto the buildings just being more useful then they actully are. I’m not saying they are not being useful in that type of gameplay only that they can support their team mates even more then some may think.

• I see a problem with this: throwing a torch on a roof and seeing it catch fire = fun.

Throwing a bucket of water on a house making it wet = lame.

Burning, murdering and fighting makes you feel like a warrior, throwing a bucket of water probably won’t make you feel like a fire fighter.

• @Helgeran:

I see a problem with this: throwing a torch on a roof and seeing it catch fire = fun.

Burning, murdering and fighting makes you feel like a warrior, throwing a bucket of water probably won’t make you feel like a fire fighter.

Your either too lazy to protect your village when the time comes or to figure it out that fire fighters actully fight against fire like warriors. :(

If you think that running around and protecting the village without able to halt the fire, I’d say you aint protecting the village enough. It can be lame for some, I agree, but there must be this option to be able to atleast halt the fire. :D
    How do you extinguish pyre when it’s already extinguished? You can only hurl water on roofs when it’s on fire, simple as that. 8-)

• With the words of Färska Prinzen: Brandmän vill inte rädda liv, de vill vara brandmän.

• @Helgeran:

I see a problem with this: throwing a torch on a roof and seeing it catch fire = fun.

That is just your opinion.
    I feel different. I would be glad to save the housing of some filthy peasants… maybe they have a cute daughter and… never mind.

I like to be the hero - not the villain ;)

• @Helgeran:

With the words of Färska Prinzen: Brandmän vill inte rädda liv, de vill vara brandmän.

Wasn’t meant to critize your opinion. Everyone can of course have a opinion ^_^