Server Crashes after 4 or 5 hours.

• Is there anyway to have the server restart itself every 4 or 5 hours so I can keep the server up all day long.

• well there already multiple topics on this forum which explain how to get rid of those crashes. use the search option before posting. ^^

• @NORDAViND:

well there already multiple topics on this forum which explain how to get rid of those crashes. use the search option before posting. ^^

Yes, thank you for your useless post. I did look around but didn’t find anyone with a total solution as it looks like it’s still happening but just not as much. If your going to take the time to respond to someone then at least help them out or STFU. The only thing I have tried was to remove the Team Death Match Maps and take out the -maxplayers string from the start up command line. The new string is ?maxplayers but it’s recommended to just use the max players settings in your UDKGame.ini file for max players. I’m testing this out now on my servers to see if it works long term.

• Do you use TCAdmin as your control panel?

• @Maxxgold:

@NORDAViND:

well there already multiple topics on this forum which explain how to get rid of those crashes. use the search option before posting. ^^

Yes, thank you for your useless post. I did look around but didn’t find anyone with a total solution as it looks like it’s still happening but just not as much. If your going to take the time to respond to someone then at least help them out or STFU. The only thing I have tried was to remove the Team Death Match Maps and take out the -maxplayers string from the start up command line. The new string is ?maxplayers but it’s recommended to just use the max players settings in your UDKGame.ini file for max players. I’m testing this out now on my servers to see if it works long term.

i helped you.i said use the search option. chill kid lol.

• @NORDAViND:

@Maxxgold:

@NORDAViND:

i helped you.i said use the search option. chill kid lol.

lol. I’m 45, not a kid. I don’t have time to play around with kid’s like you. I asked a question because the other threads don’t solve the problem for me. Everyday when I wake up my server is off line. Instead of understanding that you gave the obligatory use the search button kid. Like I said above instead of wasting your time and mine just don’t post if your not going to help someone out. I see you couldn’t help yourself again.

• My server is still crashing after a certain amount of time. Can someone post a working map rotation and UDKGame.ini ? I have removed the ?maxplayers command and that along with using UDKGame.exe instead of using UDK.exe seems to make the server more stable but it still crashed eventually.

• chil fella. i hope you get your issuse fixed soon. lol

• @Maxxgold:

My server is still crashing after a certain amount of time. Can someone post a working map rotation and UDKGame.ini ? I have removed the ?maxplayers command and that along with using UDKGame.exe instead of using UDK.exe seems to make the server more stable but it still crashed eventually.

Ok, if you’re saying it crashes, do you get the Windows dialog box saying that “UDK.exe has stopped responding” ? Another question, how many cores does the pc have on which the server is currently running?

• @StoneCold:

@Maxxgold:

My server is still crashing after a certain amount of time. Can someone post a working map rotation and UDKGame.ini ? I have removed the ?maxplayers command and that along with using UDKGame.exe instead of using UDK.exe seems to make the server more stable but it still crashed eventually.

Ok, if you’re saying it crashes, do you get the Windows dialog box saying that “UDK.exe has stopped responding” ? Another question, how many cores does the pc have on which the server is currently running?

4 core Intel Processor with server 2008 software. I don’t get the UDK.exe has stopped responding It just stops working. I switched to UDKGame.exe now and it seems to be more stable but still eventually crashes. I changed the maps in PC-Server-UDKGame.ini should I change them in the default.ini file as well ???

• @Maxxgold:

@StoneCold:

@Maxxgold:

4 core Intel Processor with server 2008 software. I don’t get the UDK.exe has stopped responding It just stops working. I switched to UDKGame.exe now and it seems to be more stable but still eventually crashes. I changed the maps in PC-Server-UDKGame.ini should I change them in the default.ini file as well ???

I have the same problem, sometimes it crashes after an hour, sometimes it takes 12 hours. I run it as a service with firedaemon and the cmd window still shows, so the server is still running. No UDK has stopped responding whatsoever. I have to manually restart it every time which… sucks.

I only rotate FFA maps and don’t have maxplayers in my cmd line.

• Another issue I noticed is that when the map completes, you hear a voice that says: For the glory of the blablabla… Usually a timer starts then after which it rotates to the next map, but sometimes the server gets stuck ,the countdown timer is stuck at 0:25 seconds and the game keeps repeating the voice message. All you can do is restart the server, I’ve seen this on multiple servers.

• @marvel:

Another issue I noticed is that when the map completes, you hear a voice that says: For the glory of the blablabla… Usually a timer starts then after which it rotates to the next map, but sometimes the server gets stuck ,the countdown timer is stuck at 0:25 seconds and the game keeps repeating the voice message. All you can do is restart the server, I’ve seen this on multiple servers.

Unless I’m mistaken, this only occurs on FFA (or to my knowledge, it only occurs on FFA) and happens when people leave during the countdown. If people have 100% definite seen it on other modes, please let us know. I’ve had to manually restart/change the map when it gets stuck on :25 remaining.

• @Martin:

@marvel:

Another issue I noticed is that when the map completes, you hear a voice that says: For the glory of the blablabla… Usually a timer starts then after which it rotates to the next map, but sometimes the server gets stuck ,the countdown timer is stuck at 0:25 seconds and the game keeps repeating the voice message. All you can do is restart the server, I’ve seen this on multiple servers.

Unless I’m mistaken, this only occurs on FFA (or to my knowledge, it only occurs on FFA) and happens when people leave during the countdown. If people have 100% definite seen it on other modes, please let us know. I’ve had to manually restart/change the map when it gets stuck on :25 remaining.

Idk I only run FFA but the fact that it’s only with FFA doesn’t make the issue less annoying ;)
    You’re making it sound like it won’t be fixed unless the problem is on other modes as well.

There are always people leaving and joining at the end of a round.

• You’re making it sound like it won’t be fixed unless the problem is on other modes as well.

Not at all, each mode is separate. It can be fixed for FFA, but if it exists on another mode, fixing it for FFA may or may not necessarily fix it for that mode too. If it’s identifiable that it exists on multiple modes, the source of the problem is likely easier to find for the coders. It may have even been fixed already, I don’t know yet.