Idea For Mods

• 1. I recently saw this film, which featured something Called LAIRE (Live action role something) and i was thinking someone could do a mod on that?
    2. a Age Of empires Mod? that might take a while
    I will think of more but ive just forgotten most :(

• Even without modifying the game and using the console you can somewhat simulate an RTS fight (npc_create npc_antlion; ent_fire npc_antlion addoutput “health 300”; ent_fire npc_antlion setrelationship “enter enemy name here d_ht 99”; npc_select npc_antlion;) and binding a key to npc_go and pointing a mouse cursor. The only thing is you can’t control how many npcs people would spawn, zombies crash the game =/, and fights are simplistic. Still fun to set the damage and control an unstoppable 1-hitting antlion though…

• @Swalezee:

1. I recently saw this film, which featured something Called LAIRE (Live action role something) and i was thinking someone could do a mod on that?
    2. a Age Of empires Mod? that might take a while
    I will think of more but ive just forgotten most :(

1, its called LARP, Live-Action Role Play. This is using foam covered items, latex costume armors and clothing, and more closely related to the dice rolling DnD. to me LARP is silly. But this is because im a Living HIstory re-enactor who practices live-steel combat.
    Do what you will, its a free world.
    2. Age of empires? wouldnt you just want the other factions brought in? (saracens, mongols, etc?)

• So when is the first musket mod coming out? xP

I think we could exploit muskets here. Given the nature of melee in this game, something like 1600’s Thirty Years War could work fine, as melee would still be a great deal, but instead of archers, people would shoot lead chunks at each other with matchlocks.

• @kochi:

So when is the first musket mod coming out? xP

I think we could exploit muskets here. Given the nature of melee in this game, something like 1600’s Thirty Years War could work fine, as melee would still be a great deal, but instead of archers, people would shoot lead chunks at each other with matchlocks.

….no… they would claim them (if programmed to real standards) to be SO underpowered and un-fair.
    they have one shot, and quite a bit of time to reload, plus if its raining, they have to re-light their matchlock with a coal in a pouch, or with flint and steel.
    Point is, im against it.

• I am okay with muskets being modded in so long as they are just as inaccurate and unreliable as they were when they first surfaced. And as lance mentioned there would have to be a bunch of misfire mechanics. I have a feeling they wouldn’t be used very much. Also the time period is set a bit sooner that 16th by the looks of things.

• @Kenuric:

I am okay with muskets being modded in so long as they are just as inaccurate and unreliable as they were when they first surfaced. And as lance mentioned there would have to be a bunch of misfire mechanics. I have a feeling they wouldn’t be used very much. Also the time period is set a bit sooner that 16th by the looks of things.

Getting some actual test time in, think Arthurian Legends style time-frame.
    There are some Architectural conflicts as far as regions go, but this is a fiction/fantasy world with its own history.

Y’all are gonna love it, i know im not the only one going about each map finding issues, and reporting them.

I cant really go into much detail, but the combat system is pretty damn fun. Very balanced, and skill is definitely key, no more crusader op bullcrap. everyone has a chance, a musket in this 1400’s style timeframe is just out of place.
    BUT IF
    someone makes a later timeframe mod, a musket with a longer reload than the crossbow, would end up balancing things out.

• And who said it had to be made in the Chivalry world? or in that time period? Musket mods set in late 1700’s or Napoleonic Wars have been very successful in the last 2-3 years. Look at Mount and Musket… now Mount and Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars… or BattleGrounds I and II… or Deluge. Those mods (and game) are and were very popular, and I believe we can exploit that.

Hell… right now I’m awaiting for a guy to send in a few models to get started on a Warband multiplayer Revolutionary War mod, which would be somewhat merged with the 1776 SP mod. And truth be told, the community support is quite big, even though we didn’t even start making stuff.

• 100 years wars(most suited I think) would be a great mod.

A Byzantine mod would be epic too!

• How about 100 years Byzantine Deluge set in the late 1700!

• What about something off the wall completely?

What about something like a sci-fi fantasy world set in the future or something? Instead off swords and armor and arrows have high speed powersuits, laserblades, and beam guns. That might be an interesting mod.

• @Blindga:

What about something off the wall completely?

What about something like a sci-fi fantasy world set in the future or something? Instead off swords and armor and arrows have high speed powersuits, laserblades, and beam guns. That might be an interesting mod.

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=2504 ;)

• some one should definitely make a medieval dayz type mod with a huge open world. Dont know if thats possible but think about it.

• A Gladiators Mods with trap on the arena and same rules like real gladiators arena with players spectators can choose life or dead for looser.

• A CRPG type mod would be awesome. I really miss character progression and the diversity of weapons and armor that the mod had.

• I hope someone will come with zombie mod for Chivalry. A bit of Holy Water here, a safe haven in church there and lots of rotten flesh to cut. A Zombie Panic: Source like mod, so few plaer playin ask knights and rest of the players (and dead knights) araise as undead. To make things interesting there should be something to move knights from spot to spot, like objectives (burn infested barn, dump the corposes before they attach even more undead, etc). Shooting zombies is fun at times, but cutting their head off with a greatsword is a whole different thing.

• @kochi:

So when is the first musket mod coming out? xP

I will join this man in his suggestion!

• BARFIGHT MOD!!

• Gargoyles mod, kinda like the Gargoyles cartoon. One team with humans knights and tickets based respawns, the other with Gargoyles -powerfull, with only claws and tail swipe moves, no fall damages, able to climb on some walls- and respawns limited to some number per player.
    With a castle siege map and multiple objectives for every team, like destroying trebuchets / defending them. Loosing trebuchets would lead to another objective for gargoyles to break through ennemy camp and then kill the ennemy leader. Knights would still a chance to win if they manage to keep going for x minutes without depleting all their tickets, as the sun would rise and turn gargoyles to stone.
    If the knight camp manage to keep some trebuchets untouched for some time, they could breach the walls of the castle and go rampage on peasants, setting stuff on fire and so on, when the Gargoyles should deplete the ennemy’s tickets to win.
    Man, that would be hard to balance, but that could be fun.

• Hm… How about a Dremora Mod? Replace one side with Dremora skins and sound files so it’ll be humans VS Dremoras? (You know, the demonic badasses from The Elder Scrolls Series).