Skill points ?

• Well I found Out that if there where skills ( not as in the RPG games of course This would make the game realy complicating) in the game it would be much better.
    each class will have 4 skills with 6 max rank each one.

Ex.
    Archer
    -reloading arrow speed
    -Running Speed
    -Focusing
    -Stamina

MAA
    -Dodging range
    -Agility (how Quickly you can make attacks
    -Running Speed
    -Stamina

VANGUARD
    -Acceleration
    -Running Speed
    -Strength ( With how much strength you throw your throwing weapons increasing their damage and range,(maybe your damage too)
    -Stamina

Knight
    -Strength
    -Stamina
    -Running speed
    -Dexterity ( improves your speed as a knight, You will be pretty slow with all these armors, Adding ranks in this skill will let you kick faster, walk faster, and swinging a bit quicker)

In the beginning of each game when you choose class weapon you will have 7 points to assign to the skills of your class.
    Each time you may choose to focus on different skills to see how you can be better.

• What about a few perks to choose from, a bit like many other MP games, for example, the things you posted but just give people the option to have 2 of them active at all times. This would give more diversity and more customisation of fighting style. Just be carefull not to create anything that encourages LMB-spamming.

• I don’t think this would be good for Chivalry. It would make a lot of things really OP (at least with what you suggested) and would make a lot of fights coming down to who had the best perk setup for that situation, rather than being player skill based.

• NO

• wotr has this and it brings with it alot of balance problems,u will quickly see the same perks over and over again.

• @tover:

wotr has this and it brings with it alot of balance problems,u will quickly see the same perks over and over again.

That’s why they need to be balanced, make them all equall when it comes to how much stronger they make you. If this would be done there would be a greater variety of fighting styles with no one being OP because of his perks but only because of his skill.

• Super epic triple ultra facepalm!

P.S.
    I hate you…

• Excuse me, I didn’t say anything about perks . The idea is that each class will have some skills to see at which side of the class you are focusing at. The skills I gave you are just samples.
    Not every man has the same stamina, Not every man run with the same speed, not every man has the same strength. So not every archer can reload his crossbow - bow with the same speed, not every knight throws his axe at the same range.

• This will most likely break the balance or the competive gamplay for us clan players.

• Would add more depth and customization, which is always fun. But as many mentioned before, such a thing would be extremely hard to balance. Not sure if it even can be balanced properly…

• I think the problem with this is the lack of readability. It is obvious what classes are on the table and what weapons they have and you can adjust your play to it but if someone has more hitpoints the whole risk reward thing of sometimes trading hits would be ruined. Now if there was some way to read what buffs someone had in game I wouldn’t be against it, like their armor would look tougher or something.

• @Josephkhland:

Excuse me, I didn’t say anything about perks . The idea is that each class will have some skills to see at which side of the class you are focusing at. The skills I gave you are just samples.
    Not every man has the same stamina, Not every man run with the same speed, not every man has the same strength. So not every archer can reload his crossbow - bow with the same speed, not every knight throws his axe at the same range.

Yeah, but I suggest that instead of the things you say which could make someone harder to kill just because he does more damage than you with the same weapon or because he has more health and thus can play more carelesly would ruin it a bit for me. I’m more thinking about perks, like an extra throwable, or slighly faster reload times on bows and crossbows, or slightly faster attack speed melee weapons, slightly faster block speed with a shield, faster kicks or less stamina cost from kicks, that kind of stuff, all the boosts would stay very small ofcourse so under 10% so the differences are only slightly noticable. You would only be able to choose like 1 or 2 and I think that these tiny changes would create some more diverse fighting styles. They would just have to be made that LMB-spamming isn’t rewarding.