Tired of the random bugs

• I can’t even think of another way to put it.I loved AOC even though it had many flaws i used to play the hell out of it i could be found on MM servers and VQ’s server all the time till i quit playing for a while.I wrote off a lot of the issues as it being a mod and only so much can be done.I was excited for this game back when one of the devs told me it was in the works and hell i still have the pre alpha screens i was given to ask for my input on on the maps.

That being said so far this is barely even a upgrade to aoc and it’s more of a sidestep.Many of the issues from aoc carried over to this one including class balance issues.Not to mention the bugs one of which right now is my main problem being that after i unlock weapons they suddenly decide to relock after i shut the game down. this happened a while back and i just lost maybe one weapon and now this time i lost 6 unlocks.This problem should not be here at this stage it makes the game un fun to play i would say unplayable but i still have the starter weapon.

I know people are going to say well the game is still new so balance will come honestly i don’t have much hope for that one considering it’s the same issues from the mod.I hope this and the weapons will be worked on but idk at this point.So in all honesty i am feeling ripped off the longer this goes on as now i am going to have a game i am not playing nor wanting to play because of issues out of my control that i dropped $50 and i am very much starting to consider asking for my money back.That is just my opinion at this point.

• Wall of text much?

I haven’t had many issues at all, the unlocks have been a bit buggy sometimes but I don’t care about unlocks now that I have my warhammer.

• Not to say that you are in any way honest at all, or have any valid points at all, but how did you drop $50 on a $25 game?

• @acrh2:

Not to say that you are in any way honest at all, or have any valid points at all, but how did you drop $50 on a $25 game?

kickstarter they promoted the game there to get funding and i donated $50 you could go as high as 5k i think. I wanted to support the project since i loved aoc and it was the highest i could afford.

btw here is the link for the kickstarter just for proof.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/171 … heBetaBegi

• I think the game is well worth the $50.

• @Reevezy:

I think the game is well worth the $50.

really? cause thats what rubs me the wrong way the most about this game,while i enjoy it alot and would buy it again(this sadly cant be said about wotr) i strongly feel that 25dollars is a blatant rip off when u consider its just an unrealmod(ive seen many unreal games come out lately around 20-25dollars and i cringe to think that this will be new standart)when a game feels like just a mod(thats how this game feels to me) paying more then 15dollars leaves me with a bad taste and makes me dislike the creators.

• @tover:

@Reevezy:

I think the game is well worth the $50.

really? cause thats what rubs me the wrong way the most about this game,while i enjoy it alot and would buy it again(this sadly cant be said about wotr) i strongly feel that 25dollars is a blatant rip off when u consider its just an unrealmod(ive seen many unreal games come out lately around 20-25dollars and i cringe to think that this will be new standart)when a game feels like just a mod(thats how this game feels to me) paying more then 15dollars leaves me with a bad taste and makes me dislike the creators.

They would have put a lot of time and effort into this game, just because its done in UDK doesn’t mean anything, the sounds are all very well done, the animations are so smooth and the gameplay is simply awesome.

It doesn’t feel like a mod at all, its got a lot of unique resources(textures, sounds, models), it feels like an indie game.

$25 is a steal, I would happily have paid more.

• @shifue:

@acrh2:

Not to say that you are in any way honest at all, or have any valid points at all, but how did you drop $50 on a $25 game?

kickstarter they promoted the game there to get funding and i donated $50 you could go as high as 5k i think. I wanted to support the project since i loved aoc and it was the highest i could afford.

How is putting any money AT ALL in kickstarter related to buying the game outright?

If you put $1000 into Kickstarter, do you expect a game with the state of the art graphics, gameplay, and 500 hours of play time?
    Which this baby does, btw.

Still. You are one greedy biatch.

• I don´t understand those clowns who are not able to think about whats beyond the horizon.
    Chivalry just launched!
    The FIRST patch is inbound and they already confirmed lots of new content and further additions/surprises because this game sold so well.

I spend 50$ on “high quality games” from oh-wow-big studios that bored me after 10hrs.
    Now, I played Chivalry for 60hrs and still have lots of fun with my friends in this game, especially we know that torn banner does everything to make our game experience even better.
    The potential of Chivalry: MW is enormous - why don´t ppl see that?**

• AXE did not know about these fields of glorious carnage until after its release. Sadly he wishes he could have kicked in to begin with.

Instead he will simply show his appreciation by removing those pretty kick starter helmets ( and their contents ) violently from their necks in a shower of gore.

• @William:

I don´t understand those clowns who are not able to think about whats beyond the horizon.
    Chivalry just launched!
    The FIRST patch is inbound and they already confirmed lots of new content and further additions/surprises because this game sold so well.

I spend 50$ on “high quality games” from oh-wow-big studios that bored me after 10hrs.
    Now, I played Chivalry for 60hrs and still have lots of fun with my friends in this game, especially we know that torn banner does everything to make our game experience even better.

/thread

Triple A games have nothing on titles like this.

• This is why on one side I’m a bit angry consumers are willing to pay for such a badly prepared/rafted game based on a good concept, but on the other side I’m also happy because I make mods in my free-time, and I can’t wait to make some of my more harder but unique ideas come to life and not have to live up to a level of OCD polish I guess I have. Consumers willing to purchase games made with one feature being polished and everything else being horrendous quality works both ways for me.

Aside from that point, this game has a ton of bugs for 25$. I think a more appropriate price at the moment would be 10-15$. Maybe later on it’ll be worth 20-30, but right now it is NOT worth 25$. If you think it is that’s fine, but what is actually included in this game is a huge letdown compared to other titles even at $20. I think people are over-rating UDK engine a bit too much considering how many hacks and flaws it has in the first place. I can certainly say I’d of felt much happier purchasing this in a minecraft-esqe model (cheaper in alpha, more expensive closer to retail). Right now it really feels like a beta that they were forced to release or they couldn’t pay bills/rent, etc.

• some people here fail to see chivalry was not poorly made and is in fact very accurate with hitboxes and very skill based game. TBH , i didn’t see any major bugs / problems to justify threads like that. Maybe am i lucky? i don’t think so since ALL my friends didn’t experienced serious glitches / gamebreaking bugs. Only few minor bugs /tweaks to do/fix.
    Even for 50$ chivalry would be a must have. people are crazy and complain for nothing. I call bullshit on this thread

• @acrh2:

@shifue:

@acrh2:

How is putting any money AT ALL in kickstarter related to buying the game outright?

If you put $1000 into Kickstarter, do you expect a game with the state of the art graphics, gameplay, and 500 hours of play time?
    Which this baby does, btw.

Still. You are one greedy biatch.

Cause at 25+ you got a copy of the game so that is the point i bought it outright. I also find funny you want to insult me calling me a baby you rabid fanboy ones like you are the reason the world much less the gaming world will never make anything much better.I will say this though for the ones wanting to post saying your pissed cause it’s not state of the art/from this big company etc is anyone’s problem think again.AOC when it came out was far from state of the art and i played it for 3years and it was the reason i bought this game since it’s the SAME PEOPLE THAT MADE IT.I could careless about the bigger game companies/state of the art graphic as i play something if it looks fun to me.I am not the one buying every call of dooty game that is coming out cause it’s call of duty and it’s top of the line their games are shit and they make them every 8months and i am sure many here buy them and think they are the greatest thing made.

I did not buy this cause it was the next in title or the most top of the line game i bought it for the fact i enjoyed their old title and wanted to like the new one.Plus let me tell you something boy if you don’t expect anything for your cash when you buy something your a fool cause if you fund it before or after release you still funded it which means there was something you expected to get out of it.So tell me this would you drop 20k on a car in a new lot that does not run? but i must clearly be greedy.

• @Keurk:

some people here fail to see chivalry was not poorly made and is in fact very accurate with hitboxes and very skill based game. TBH , i didn’t see any major bugs / problems to justify threads like that. Maybe am i lucky? i don’t think so since ALL my friends didn’t experienced serious glitches / gamebreaking bugs. Only few minor bugs /tweaks to do/fix.
    Even for 50$ chivalry would be a must have. people are crazy and complain for nothing. I call bullshit on this thread

Call bullshit all you want go look in support i am not the only one having these issues many are.As well there is many threads talking about bugs that are pretty well noted maybe you are lucky or better yet naive and just don’t see what is happening here is some threads for ya.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=5153
    viewtopic.php?f=69&t=5153

plus the feint exploit which i can’t find the thread on right now but i am sure you can look it up

• @Reevezy:

@William:

I don´t understand those clowns who are not able to think about whats beyond the horizon.
    Chivalry just launched!

/thread

Who has brought up triple a games? this post and this answer is so far off topic it needs to be somewhere else

• @shifue:

@Reevezy:

@William:

Chivalry just launched!

/thread

Who has brought up triple a games? this post and this answer is so far off topic it needs to be somewhere else

I think you just don´t understand the message, but never mind.

After 60+hrs, I did not encounter just one serious bug that killed everything for me. Some minor errors here and there and I had a CTD once. Wow… calling my lawyer nao! Refund alert!

Its the opposite. Playing this game makes me happy because I know in the near future, this game will rock even more… and then I can look back and smile, because I just payed like 20€ for it… Probably, I will feel like a robber…

Some people simply should learn to appreciate things and stop complaining when it is absolutely not necessary to do so. This is not Ubisoft. Heck, did you ever play a Ubi game except AC? (They dont fuck AC up, just all the other titles). They ruined Silent Hunter, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six… Thats a reason to complain.

Not some little bugs in a low-priced awesome game that WILL be fixed damn it.

• @William Godfrey
    One you bleed rabid fanboi. Two No maybe you don’t understand i am not and will not compare then to other companies it was not the point.I am glad that in your 60+ hours of game play it’s perfect for you and your happy but for many of us it’s not perfect and we are not happy.I still find it funny everyone and their wanna be smart ass remarks really shows how much a fool you truly are.I am sorry but it does kill it for me when i unlocked a whole class’s main weapons and log in to lose all of them that is very gamebreaking.

So your telling me i should appreciate spending for a half working product and i should stop complaining because it’s half working? I am glad you like tossing money in the trash if this was a beta i’d expect this but it’s a retail game and should be treated like it.Hell i’ll sell you a brand new car with a couple of dings,a bad paint job, drove for 3 months and a half dead transmission for full price. After all you should appreciate that your buying this car and not complain it still half works.

Also by that logic your saying cause it comes from a smaller company and cost less it’s not worth complaining? I don’t care where a item comes from or how much it cost if it does not work you should do something about it.That is a problem around the world no one wants be held responsible/ hold people resiponsible for anything hence why nothing gets better

• @shifue:

@William Godfrey
    I am sorry but it does kill it for me when i unlocked a whole class’s main weapons and log in to lose all of them that is very gamebreaking.

Funny, never happened to me or one of my friends…

• Before this thread goes in an even worse direction, let me tell you one thing this game will definitely have which seems to be a rarity these days, especially in triple A titles: a decent community.

People who spew negativity at other players, or post non-constructive ‘feedback’ which boils down to nothing more than a thinly veiled insult, will be forcibly removed from this community. So let’s keep this topic constructive and not borderline attack eachother, or it won’t be here much longer.

To the rest of you, just don’t respond to something that is clearly not worth responding to. It’ll make everyone’s life a little easier.