My Age of Chivalry Guide

• Nice guide.

I don’t play much AoC anymore but it’s useful for newer players.

• Good stuff. I found several parts of your guide highly entertaining, especially the section titled “Why is this game dead online?” Wicked informative.

• This guide helped a little but not very much. The most helpful part was the part about the slashing, i honestly didn’t know doing a slash to the left made you’re attack faster, or that pointing up with an over head makes a delayed attack. I finally know how people are able to parry and immediately attack after wards; ive always tried to do it but after parrying, I attack immediately but the opponent either somehow got an attack in faster than me or he parries it. However, a word about the duckjump. The guide doesn’t explain exactly how to do it. Ive tried many times doing it but i see no difference in the height of the jump; my brother and I tried it one vs one and concluded that we are unable to “jump” over stabs (leading us to believe people use some type of admin enhanced jumping, since we have seen only admins use the skill). My brother and I believe it has something to do with the timing, but what exactly are the times? and do you duck first and then jump? or jump first then duck? Also, the thing where you slice and then turn away doesn’t work, As a guardsman, I have heavy knights catch up to me all the time, how this is possible is beyond my comprehension. Also, the block to dagger or hatchet doesn’t work, the animation for switching weapons is much to slow and often times the opponent gets a kill even tough I scrolled back for block or click for attack. The System still detects I am switching weapons, and so pressing any key is unresponsive. One thing I also want to Address is that many times, actually ALL the time, my opponent always seems to be faster than me. For example, My opponent and I are both about 0.4 meters away from each other, so range is not the issue. I deliver an overhead with a halberd, and it passes directly in front of him, a direct hit (you even hear the halberd hit the ground, indicating i landed first), but my opponent somehow gets the hit even tough i landed first, and the hit was for some reason undetected (and clearly it was not a miss, and range wasn’t the issue either).
    And also a word about the admins. Many times the admins are the problem; every time I join a server with admins in it, they are abusing there power in one way or another. Team killing excessively, or flying. or simply bullying players for no apparent reason. This one time an admin took over my chat, in other words, he was saying things in chat under my name, making it seem as if I was typing it; however, the only keys I was pressing was WASD, Spacebar, and Ctrl, so there is no way I was typing that. So really admins isn’t what we have to depend on. The best thing we can do is sit it out.

• This one time an admin took over my chat, in other words, he was saying things in chat under my name, making it seem as if I was typing it; however, the only keys I was pressing was WASD, Spacebar, and Ctrl, so there is no way I was typing that. So really admins isn’t what we have to depend on. The best thing we can do is sit it out.

I’m guessing I ran into the same admins, some guy (as a Heavy Knight) was telling all archer classes to change class or he’d kick them, so myself and a friend was trying to tell said HK that his class was a weakness to archers and he was abusing his power, only to have both of us banned.

• Usually when I play or write, I’ve been up way too long and probably not in the right state of mind ;) But yeah, there’s plenty to say.

DuckJump = Jumping, then ducking in the air. I’ve heard in Gold Source(Half-Life) you jump, then duck for the most height. In Source(Half-Life 2) you need to duck, then jump for the most height. Next time you play, create a server, enter the console, sv_cheats 1, thirdperson, cam_idealdist 64/128. Then do the duck jump… See how odd that is? Valve is slowly changing it… But it’s taking forever and the SDK’s are outdated.

Jumping over attacks is mainly if you’re on a higher ground, standing on something, or if a player is aiming too low, or simply spinning so much they’re not aware of the height change. Also, I’d suggest getting on higher ground. I’ve come to the conclusion that the engine is bugged and will treat you like a pos if you’re on lower ground.

As for archers, in reality everybody would probably die to arrows… In a video game, it’s just kind of annoying and boring for this type of game. I believe there is a command to limit a number of people in a class.

ok, say you’re attacking as a crusader… You do an attack, get blocked, you quickly try and switch to your dagger and block their counter-attack, then switch back if you can. As for blocking and counter-attacks, say a crusader slice, you block at the very end of the slice… He’s got like, a much faster block time. However, if you block the slice attack right away instead of letting it swing all the way, then he’s gotta wait much longer to block.

Shield users can like, quickly tap that shit. This is when you could do a delayed attack, because after they tapped it, thinking it would block, you didn’t aim at them til the delay and hit them… Like wise, if they hold the button too long it actually puts the shield up and lowers it… Shield users are messed up in a lot of ways… I wouldn’t even bother attacking a maa/serg/knight/sader unless you’ve got a buddy

• Hi Ice, thanks for the reply, really appreciate it :). So for duckjumping I know know i have to jump then duck. My brother and I were trying it out on melee fields (scince it has small hills), it was crazy got to a point where my brother was high enough to be over my head O.O it was really weird. I’m not really good at it, but my brother said it looked like i was in the air, but its so weird on my screen it looks like im still on the ground. I didn’t really get the thing about blocking. Is it better to block EARLY or LATER? So if I block at the beginning of the slice I got a bigger window to make a Counter attack? I still don’t get the thing were you turn around to avoid attacks. A lot of the times they catch up to me regardless of class, like he attacks, and then I attack, but I miss, so I turn around and try to run away but he still some how reaches me (and I’m talking about heavy knights reaching me), so could you explain that part more please? Oh, and how do you do that stuff where you enter the counsel and do that third person… or whatever stuff?