Teamdamage and Score

• Just had an idea how to probably amend for teamwounding and teamkilling.

-5 score for a teamkill (or -10 as is, but seems a bit much for me then)
    additionally -1 (maybe even -2) score per 10% damage on teammate.

Killing someone intentionally would be -15 then. Swinging into a group of three friendlies for 60 damage (greatsword, bardiche etc) would result in -9 score (3 x 30). Killing one of them and you’re at -14. People would think twice of swinging into friendlies for 10 points.

Of course some tkills would have to be adjusted, like

• fixed -10 score for teamkill with catapult

This system would penalize swining into a group of teammates much more, but also reduce penalty when accidentally hitting a friendly who was already almost dead anyway.

FYI: I’m playing greatsword vanguard 90% of the time.

Edit: I personally favor -5 for TK, -2 per 10% damage done to friendlies.

• Mh, Im afraid we would just see a lot of low scores or even negative scores at the end of a round. But… who cares? Those little points say or cause nothing, why care about them anyways?

A real penalty must strike deeper… But how and where?

After playing a lot these days, I do get the feeling ppl do look out more for others… Or it is just me looking out for possible maniacs that could kill me… :?

• I would prefer negative assists. If you hit a teammate it’s often unavoidable, but if it doesn’t directly lead to their death you’re usually not being very detrimental. If you hit a teammate and he dies within 10 seconds or so, however, you should be given -5 points.

• Why not the good old 3 TKs = temporary ban, with a forgive option for every TK? Any Counter-Strike server had this as default and usually worked well.

• @negocromn:

Why not the good old 3 TKs = temporary ban, with a forgive option for every TK? Any Counter-Strike server had this as default and usually worked well.

Lol… the Servers would be deserted after 24hrs…