Hitboxes

• Can someone please give an indication of how large weapon hitboxes are and also how much damage a archer dagger does. Also a run down of exactly how to block as an archer. - having a duel with some polearm dude, i hit him 4-5 times, in and out of blocking - appeared to do no dmg and got one shot while i was circle strafing him - by his pole, surely there is a dmg donut so they cant possibly do any dmg with the handle end at close quarters

• Weapons don’t have hitboxes, they produce tracers based on the path of the weapon. Check my signature for weapon stats.

• Thank you very much - last game I played had hitboxes. So was wondering what the deal was thank you also for the stat sheet, very interesting to peruse, once i know the game a bit better im sure it will be more handy

• if you type aoc_drawtracer 1 in console, everytime you swing, your weapon will draw out swing path

I don’t know what blue part and red part means though.

• What is this console that everyone speaks of? Is it the command line?

• press the key next to your enter key to open up console

• I have tried using this thing but it wont stay on constantly, its an awesome thing to use for a beginner - thanks for information!

• Whenever someone says hitboxes, they mean tracers. And a lot of weapons’ tracers aren’t behaving correctly, even if it shows that they are. I believe weapons like the falchion and a lot of axes/maces have bugged tracers.

• @SOC:

Whenever someone says hitboxes, they mean tracers. And a lot of weapons’ tracers aren’t behaving correctly, even if it shows that they are. I believe weapons like the falchion and a lot of axes/maces have bugged tracers.

Haha no, it’s not bugged tracers. When someone face hugs you, you have to look WAY MORE to your left to block or it will go around your block.

People complaining why they can’t block my LMB spams are clueless. I explain to them and they are like, ‘oh i didn’t know that’

• @SOC:

Whenever someone says hitboxes, they mean tracers. And a lot of weapons’ tracers aren’t behaving correctly, even if it shows that they are. I believe weapons like the falchion and a lot of axes/maces have bugged tracers.

It is more apparent when using the hammer of war. It looks like it won’t reach you, then all of a sudden his overhand just crushed your skull. That weapon’s hit tracers are for sure off.

• @Chuckdatass:

@SOC:

It is more apparent when using the hammer of war. It looks like it won’t reach you, then all of a sudden his overhand just crushed your skull. That weapon’s hit tracers are for sure off.

That’s a problem with your fov. You use 120 fov?

• @boomandvibe:

@Chuckdatass:

@SOC:

That’s a problem with your fov. You use 120 fov?

Like 110 or something. And no its not. I fancy myself as a pretty good dueler. I am excellent at judging strike distances, and standing just outside the strike so I can do immediate pokes after a miss. That weapon, is the number one culprit that gets me from time to time when I know it should miss, and it doesn’t.(over hand strikes)

• @Chuckdatass:

Like 110 or something. And no its not. I fancy myself as a pretty good dueler. I am excellent at judging strike distances, and standing just outside the strike so I can do immediate pokes after a miss. That weapon, is the number one culprit that gets me from time to time when I know it should miss, and it doesn’t.(over hand strikes)

If they are sprinting, it will hit you at the end of overhead. You gotta see if they are sprinting or not to decide if you want to actually parry or just let it miss.

• @boomandvibe:

@SOC:

Haha no, it’s not bugged tracers. When someone face hugs you, you have to look WAY MORE to your left to block or it will go around your block.

People complaining why they can’t block my LMB spams are clueless. I explain to them and they are like, ‘oh i didn’t know that’

Trust me, I’m 100x better than you and have been playing way longer. I already know you can block any weapon in the game just fine. I’m talking about why it’s way more difficult to than it should. A falchion should be just as easy to block as a broad sword, but it isn’t.

• @SOC:

@boomandvibe:

@SOC:

Trust me, I’m 100x better than you and have been playing way longer. I already know you can block any weapon in the game just fine. I’m talking about why it’s way more difficult to than it should. A falchion should be just as easy to block as a broad sword, but it isn’t.

No I’m actually 100 times better than you and I’ve played way more than you did. I already know every weapon inside out.

I never had trouble blocking Falchion or Flanged Mace as many people claim it’s unblockable. You need to turn to your left side more than you use to. Footwork is also very important. If enemy is trying to get around your block, you gotta move accordingly.

Enemy tends to LMB to get around your side, don’t let him get to your left. If he is already at your left, backpedal and move right.

But seriously, are you really saying Falchion has a bugged tracer? have you used aoc_drawtracer 1? it’s the same for all 1-handers

• Let’s all settle down. This thread is going to turn into a measuring contest soon, and its not really needed.

• @boomandvibe:

No I’m actually 100 times better than you and I’ve played way more than you did. I already know every weapon inside out.

I never had trouble blocking Falchion or Flanged Mace as many people claim it’s unblockable. You need to turn to your left side more than you use to. Footwork is also very important. If enemy is trying to get around your block, you gotta move accordingly.

Enemy tends to LMB to get around your side, don’t let him get to your left. If he is already at your left, backpedal and move right.

But seriously, are you really saying Falchion has a bugged tracer? have you used aoc_drawtracer 1? it’s the same for all 1-handers

And more evidence that this game is nothign but Call of Duty: Medieval warfare.

Put your E-peen away.

• @boomandvibe:

Looks like not only do you fail at this game, you also fail at math. My skill and time > yours.

I never said they’re unblockable. I said they’re harder to block than a broad sword. I move and block just fine. I block them just fine. I don’t have trouble blocking them. They just take more work to block than a broad sword. That’s the problem.

I keep saying even if the tracers look like they’re working right, they’re not behaving right.

• @SOC:

Looks like not only do you fail at this game, you also fail at math. My skill and time > yours.

I never said they’re unblockable. I said they’re harder to block than a broad sword. I move and block just fine. I block them just fine. I don’t have trouble blocking them. They just take more work to block than a broad sword. That’s the problem.

I keep saying even if the tracers look like they’re working right, they’re not behaving right.

No It seems like you have made simplest math errors. (My skill + Time)/infinity = yours x 100.

How exactly do they need MORE work than broadsword?

To block broadsword:
    press RMB and turn.

To block Falchion:
    press RMB and turn.

• Take your little squabble to PM. Nobody wants to see it.