Learn to play

• Is there any clans or training servers or anything for scrubs like me to learn how to play [ before i ragequit and qq ]? Any help is appreciated

• A training academy like they did with jedi knight would be cool. However at this time i dont think there is one. However you can gain quite alot from watching videos and spectatig duel servers. Or find competent players and ask for help. I wouldn’t mind sparring with you if i see you online. I’m sure many would do the same.

• Check out some of the youtube channels/vid’s that are in the stickies/news. they’re extremely helpful.

Ask in game? Otherwise, if you’re Aussie, happy to shoot at you while you kill me.

• You can use the “Create” your own match option with bots and practice on them. That way you can see the maps and the bots are mostly pretty bad AI allowing a lot of stationary target practice, some seem pretty functional and can give you a good battle.

• Check out these two videos:

Basic combat:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfpsoBX3 … ure=relmfu

Advanced combat:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llnRxtaz … ature=plcp

Also, pop into a dueling server (look for a FFA server with “duels” or “dueling only” in the name). Ask a player if they wouldn’t mind teaching you a bit or simply practicing. No guarantee that they will, but it doesn’t hurt to ask, and there are plenty of nice people out there.

• Just go to a duel server. You will get your butt kicked for a few hours. But pay attention to what your opponents do. Especially the ones who seem to win most of the duels. Mimic and modify what you see. Duels are the way to go for getting the skills down.

• honestly depending on what you are having issues with you can figure a lot of it out in the training if you want to learn distance and blocking and a few other things. but duel server are the best bet

• You’ll find stuff in duels like jump attacks, moving camera away from enemy/towards enemy to delay/accelerate strikes, toe poking and other nonsense. If you can master those, though, you’ll see your KD go up a whole lot. Find what weapons you like and use it to its fullest potential.

• @SOC:

You’ll find stuff in duels like jump attacks, moving camera away from enemy/towards enemy to delay/accelerate strikes, toe poking and other nonsense. If you can master those, though, you’ll see your KD go up a whole lot. Find what weapons you like and use it to its fullest potential.

^- This.

I know you’re looking for a training server, but if you’re welcome to it I’m happy to share what has made me successful in fights.

1. Patience
    Is the enemy comboing uncontrollably and overly aggressive with this attacks? That’s awesome! Let him push toward you and miss (you need to see his attack coming and either step out of the way or just back up). Use this opening to land a solid hit on him. But since you can combo, that solid hit turns into a second hit. You now have two free hits on the attacker by being purely defensive and patient.

2. Blocking
    A lot of people will talk to you about feints. I think feints are amazing and a very skilled player will use it to your disadvantage every time. However, if you are new to the game, I don’t feel it is a bad thing to be overly eager to block. Learning how to see feints vs true attacks is something you can work on later. Parrying a lot will give you the advantage of very quick counter attacks before the enemy has time to recover from his initial attack.

3. When to swing
    This is something that will only really come with time. You should get a feel for how long and fast your weapon is. Knowing this will allow you to attack with exactly the amount you need. If you’re using a very long sword, there is no need to get in kissing distance of your enemy holding a hammer.

There’s a whole lot more I could talk about, but I hope this helps you get going.
    Good luck out there!